What a clown

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's OK, you don't break hard enough to damage anything, or even mushroom a soft tip.
I shoot straight in 9-balls harder than that.
Nice cue though, what kind of tips does it have?><:smile:

That what I was thinking.

Your sister wants her break back.:p

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that depending on your break you should be able to use any cue. That being said if you break with the style of bending the cue almost in half like Busty it may not be a good idea.

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
Oh snap!

Well I'll be nicer- use a closed bridge for your break and stop moving the cue to the side like that.

I watched some of your other videos and you aren't bad but if your break gets better you will see more consistent spreads and run outs will become more frequent.

Thank you, I hate breaking good in practice though. I prefer being on the hunt, working for it. Anybody can run an open table. You guys are a great crew. I enjoy advice, good and bad.

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at 1:34 in the following video for a reason not to break with an expensive stick. Granted not many people break like this but for those of us that do a dedicated break stick is probably a must.

http://youtu.be/BslbJfHyzOc

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
What's REALLY funny here is the fact that Rod can probably beat most people on AZB. Who cares about the bird break? That's all part of the show! Haha.. Well done Rod!

I've seen some of his other videos and didn't quite get the same impression. But then again, how does the average AZ'er shoot anyway?

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen some of his other videos and didn't quite get the same impression. But then again, how does the average AZ'er shoot anyway?

SL7+ players are relatively rare in real life. I imagine the same holds true on here whether people talk a big game or not.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
I don't play league so I wouldn't know what a SL7+ is. You make it sound like I should be impressed though.

Banks

Banned
SL7+ players are relatively rare in real life. I imagine the same holds true on here whether people talk a big game or not.

Too true and took me a while to figure that out.

I don't play league so I wouldn't know what a SL7+ is. You make it sound like I should be impressed though.

For a fair "7", which is the highest APA 8b rating, I'd say that when shooting decently, their misses will be less than racks played. Can begin to string a few racks together now and then. A "7" encompasses everything from a B player up to top amate.. amatu.. semi-pro.

As for the guns.. my grandfather, rest his soul, used to use his, iirc, 20gauge double barrel JP Sauer for shooting squirrels and other vermin around his property. Heard it turned out to be worth a little bit. Amazing what things from daily life can turn into when kept in good repair.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rod used to play on the pro circuit. Something tells me his speed is a bit different than most...

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LoL. You're right. I can't give a guy compliments. Here comes everyone out of the wood work to take a dump on what has been accomplished that most won't ever be able to reach. Spot him weight? Really, that's what you get out of reading all of this? What a game!!

Send him a PM and work out your weight.

Banks

Banned
LoL. You're right. I can't give a guy compliments. Here comes everyone out of the wood work to take a dump on what has been accomplished that most won't ever be able to reach. Spot him weight? Really, that's what you get out of reading all of this? What a game!!

Send him a PM and work out your weight.

Rod's not a bad shot. I'm guessing that BF knows who Rod is, since they're relatively close to Seattle and probably doesn't play too bad either. I'm up for some action at the Spring BCA tournament if they are. I'll take the 8 and the breaks without shame, because I'm humble like that. :eek:

Still don't know what Pro Circuit you were talking about.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rod's not a bad shot. I'm guessing that BF knows who Rod is, since they're relatively close to Seattle and probably doesn't play too bad either. I'm up for some action at the Spring BCA tournament if they are. I'll take the 8 and the breaks without shame, because I'm humble like that. :eek:

Still don't know what Pro Circuit you were talking about.

In the 80's, I believe. Which, some of them are still playing today and compete at the highest levels (Strickland - to name one). Even the ones that haven't and chose a different path can still shoot strong if they kept up with it.