Gold Crown I Barn Find - Tangerine

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is one of the Best threads of the forum.
Enjoy that table rex, I'm envious :grin-square:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for those maybe considering restoring or paying to have one restored compared to a new table can you:

give a rough idea what you have in costs of

1. parts
2. your time or hours
3. paid costs to others for work done.

thanks it may mean a lot to some as a starting point.

Total cost for Gold Crown I purchase and restoration, building (2) GC Lights and restoring a Gold Crown Cue Rack: $4,200.

I did not factor in my time as this project did not pull me away from other duties or projects but I estimate it would have cost 2-3 times more if everything had been contracted out with the biggest cost centered around building two custom lights to match the table(s).

Summary below:

1. Parts/Tools: $1,660
Table: $400
Cue Rack: $165
Paint/Primer and supplies: $400
Hardware: $75
Light Fixtures: $100
Wood for two lights: $225
Light Diffusers: $60
Graco Paint Gun: $235

2. Time/Hours: Approximately 6 months

3. Cost to Others: $2,540
Table Mechanic which included subrail calibration and extension, new Diamond Black cushions, Simonis 860HR cloth and setup: $1,500
Painter (aprons): $300
Rail Trim Polish/Anodize: $380
Powder Coating: $360

Final result: Priceless
49725546583_f658784cff_b.jpg

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome Job Pocket! A new 1960s Gold Crown I table and a custom matching light for around $4200, that's a great deal! Thanks to you and Rex for sharing this with us. I love history and you guys have a very nice slice of it right in your house.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Total cost for Gold Crown I purchase and restoration, building (2) GC Lights and restoring a Gold Crown Cue Rack: $4,200.

I did not factor in my time as this project did not pull me away from other duties or projects but I estimate it would have cost 2-3 times more if everything had been contracted out with the biggest cost centered around building two custom lights to match the table(s).

Summary below:

1. Parts/Tools: $1,660
Table: $400
Cue Rack: $165
Paint/Primer and supplies: $400
Hardware: $75
Light Fixtures: $100
Wood for two lights: $225
Light Diffusers: $60
Graco Paint Gun: $235

2. Time/Hours: Approximately 6 months

3. Cost to Others: $2,540
Table Mechanic which included subrail calibration and extension, new Diamond Black cushions, Simonis 860HR cloth and setup: $1,500
Painter (aprons): $300
Rail Trim Polish/Anodize: $380
Powder Coating: $360

Final result: Priceless
49725546583_f658784cff_b.jpg

Observations:

First and foremost, incredible work. First class. You should be very proud.

Second, the cost of a table can be inconsequential and parallels the saying "There's no such thing as a free horse."

Third, your itemized list of expenses, which doesn't even include your own labor which would be substantial, validates the cost for a perfect original Gold Crown that needs nothing.

Fourth, for emphasis, you and pocket did outstanding work. Rack 'em!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Observations:

First and foremost, incredible work. First class. You should be very proud.

Second, the cost of a table can be inconsequential and parallels the saying "There's no such thing as a free horse."

Third, your itemized list of expenses, which doesn't even include your own labor which would be substantial, validates the cost for a perfect original Gold Crown that needs nothing.

Fourth, for emphasis, you and pocket did outstanding work. Rack 'em!

Thanks, Jay! Much appreciated!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
great job on the tables and worth the time and expense. they came out wonderful and better than new.
and at a reasonable cost money wise and being proud of your time and effort.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great job on the tables and worth the time and expense. they came out wonderful and better than new.
and at a reasonable cost money wise and being proud of your time and effort.

Thank you!

Sonofkingjames1

Registered
Almost there with mine. I am just waiting for the pockets to come back. The powder metal coating needs wet sanding and buffing. Did you have any issues with your powder metal guy?

Sonofkingjames1

Registered
Love the color combination. Great job, congratulations and enjoy. Almost done with my 63 GC1 blue/white, originally from Smitty's Pool Hall in Springfield, Mass

dlvh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice table Pocket...congrats on getting her finished.

You and Scott waited a long time to get those tables done right, now enjoy!