2018 US Open Straight Pool Championship

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 2018 US OPEN STRAIGHT POOL CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE HELD NOVEMBER 15-18, 2018. We would encourage any rooms or individuals to start thinking about holding qualifiers. If we use previous years format, it is limited to 40 players so we don't expect a large field, but it will be a classy event. And it is the continuation of the US Open Straight Pool.

This was held on the East Coast the last couple of years. It will now be held in Las Vegas, since we have a permanent facility that can handle it.

All the pertinent information will be posted soon, CSI is currently kinda busy with the upcoming BCA Pool League World Championships, held at the Rio from July 18-29th.

Contact Mark Griffin with any comments or questions. Ill try to answer them promptly.

Mark Griffin
markg@playcsipool.com
702-835-2000

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark will this be a handicapped affair

you know how much i love to get a spot and try my luck

especially if you and i can work out a sponsoring agreement

On a serious note,I want to see this Us Open Straight pool

Will there be a tuxedo dress code for the participants

if so I will put another $1000 in the kity to the winner

I love a class affair and straight pool used to have class that made it so much fun

I am glad you are getting into this business,ever since we had lunch in galveston
I have felt like you were just the person to put pool back on the map

Warm regards to you personally and best wishes making this game we love
something big again

dean

CSI Media

CueSports International
Silver Member
Nov. 15-18 US Open Straight Pool Championship

2018USO.jpg

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
2018 US Open Straight Pool

We are trying to create some interest in the grandest game. This will have a twist, in that players under 600 can play for a very reasonable fee of $150. Everyone is guaranteed several games since the first rounds are round robin.

A room can hold qualifiers with only 8 players each paying $20 dollars and win a spot! If they are better players (over 720), the entry is $400. Lots of room to hold many types of qualifiers.

Straight Pool has been almost forgotten in the last few years. Here is a chance to try and revive it.

I hope some rooms (or players) pay attention to this. The title is still very prestigious and will only improve every year now that we have a solid location.

Come to Vegas and enjoy one of the nicest rooms in the country!!!!!

Contact Mark Griffin with questions. 702-835-2000