Ustream making me remove videos

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
As many of you know I have SEVERAL videos stored on Ustream...

http://www.pool4u.com/New/Videos.aspx

I received an email from Ustream today saying I am limited to 10 GBs unless I want to pay the $99/month to upgrade to Pro (which I do not).

Ustream offers 10 GBs of recorded video storage free of charge for all Ustream user accounts. Recorded videos over the quota will be deleted 2 weeks after you receive this notification – on March 8, 2012 6:22am PST.​

Does anyone know of a good alternative to Ustream and what options I might have?

Thanks!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Here is the solution. Go into your videos, you can download each video as an FLV file, then you can upload the video to Youtube. At the moment this is what I am doing slowly to save the ones I feel are worthwhile.

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
Here is the solution. Go into your videos, you can download each video as an FLV file, then you can upload the video to Youtube. At the moment this is what I am doing slowly to save the ones I feel are worthwhile.

Thank you for helping me with this!

Doesn't Youtube has limitations as well? 10 minutes right? I have bigger videos.

Is there something I can do about that?

Thanks!

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I don't know how youTube decides who gets longer accounts, but by default they're 15 minutes - but after some random calculations, they'll allow longer videos. I have no idea why, but they lengthened my account when I had almost nothing on there. *shrug* now, I can upload my full matches.

I know the BigTruck contacted them to get the extended account privileges; you might check with him (or at least on that thread in the Main section).

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
I don't know how youTube decides who gets longer accounts, but by default they're 15 minutes - but after some random calculations, they'll allow longer videos. I have no idea why, but they lengthened my account when I had almost nothing on there. *shrug* now, I can upload my full matches.
I found the same thing looking around (letting me upload big files).

I'm uploading a 57 minute match right now. We'll see if it works. Man I hope so!

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I found the same thing looking around (letting me upload big files).

I'm uploading a 57 minute match right now. We'll see if it works. Man I hope so!

I'd like to subscribe to your YouTube channel so I get notified when videos are uploaded. Would appreciate the link?