APA AZB Vegas meetup - 2019

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's all going to Vegas for APA?

Let's try to meet up at some point.

Post up the event(s) you're playing in and where you're staying.

I'm in the Masters tournament but not sure where I'm staying yet. I want to ride my bike down so going to look for a place close to the event.

Members going:

Chili Palmer
Coop1701
RandyinHawaii
Richard Kapela
tucson9ball
Celophanewrap

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to meet up while I am there... I also really want to run by Griffs while I'm there. Staying from August 12th to the 18th. Really looking forward to it and if we can all meet up. That would be great.

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will be there 8 - 14 Aug for the 8-ball team event.

Really excited as I have been trying to get qualified for 10 years and finally made it.

Aloha
Randy

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there Aug 11th through the 17th. I'm playing Masters (Newnan Squad), the girlfriend is on a captain's team. We are planning on heading to Griff's on the 11th, because we hope to be too busy playing all week ;)

Staying at the Westgate.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there Aug 11th through the 17th. I'm playing Masters (Newnan Squad), the girlfriend is on a captain's team. We are planning on heading to Griff's on the 11th, because we hope to be too busy playing all week ;)

Staying at the Westgate.

What time do you plan on going to Griff's? I'm good with the 11th.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Most of the actual pool halls here in Denver have closed. There are still a couple, but none
that I frequent. Last year during the APA event I had a chance to visit Griffs. It was good
to spend some time in a real pool hall for a couple of hours. Excellent environment, nice
bar and staff, cold beer and that's important on hot Las Vegas nights.
I didn't get a chance to play but I enjoyed being there. It's not really walking distance, but a
short cab ride away.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the actual pool halls here in Denver have closed. There are still a couple, but none
that I frequent. Last year during the APA event I had a chance to visit Griffs. It was good
to spend some time in a real pool hall for a couple of hours. Excellent environment, nice
bar and staff, cold beer and that's important on hot Las Vegas nights.
I didn't get a chance to play but I enjoyed being there. It's not really walking distance, but a
short cab ride away.

Looking forward to it, the only "pool hall" in my town has crappy tables.

Are you going this year?

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be out there 12th-15th, at Flamingo. Not in the tournament this year, but using the excuse of supporting some friends' teams to justify the trip (and taking the opportunity to get hands-on with some variety of the newer CF cues, and to possibly sell a cue or three...).

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be out there 12th-15th, at Flamingo. Not in the tournament this year, but using the excuse of supporting some friends' teams to justify the trip (and taking the opportunity to get hands-on with some variety of the newer CF cues, and to possibly sell a cue or three...).

I want to find a Mezz Ignite Shaft. But I know that won't happen. I need to sell some cues myself. I'm really looking forward to this years event. Most of my team has never even went to Vegas. Much less for the APA stuff. Looking forward to showing them around.

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What time do you plan on going to Griff's? I'm good with the 11th.

Chili,
I will probably be there that afternoon. We have dinner reservations with some friends that night. I am in Master's, my girlfriend is in the Captain's event, so there's no telling when else that week I may have free, so we are planning on getting Griff's in early.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
You guys are more than welcome to have a meet-n-greet at Griffs

Went there this spring for the first time, a few days before the US Open 9-ball. It's now on my list of must-do's whenever we're in Vegas.

On another note, ya'll must have "league operators in high places". :wink: :eek:uttahere:

Last edited:

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I get into town on Saturday night. Start play Monday morning, 8am. I’m not sure I’m making it to Griffs on Sunday. I’ll be walking around with the black case with the reflective Canadian flag patch on it.