Just started a YouTube channel about Russian pyramid with English commentary!

rrrrr

Registered
Since there are about zero videos about pyramid in English on YouTube - I've decided to fill the gap a bit and share a bit of info about this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgeCm5hACKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxHAhhE0714

I plan on posting more, so if you find this interesting - please like the video or subscribe to the channel so that I'll know that someone needs it :)

Also - any feedback is much appreciated and if you have suggestions for the new videos - post them here.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Subscribed!
Suggestion. Just take match without commentary. Good players. Should be match that u don´t know(result). Watch it. and commentate it. :cool:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks.

Russian Pyramid Is great to play and fun to watch. I play my own variety adapted to my home table.

I rarely ‘practice’ billiards, I prefer to play a variety of games that hone particular skills.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since there are about zero videos about pyramid in English on YouTube - I've decided to fill the gap a bit and share a bit of info about this game:

I plan on posting more, so if you find this interesting - please like the video or subscribe to the channel so that I'll know that someone needs it :)

Also - any feedback is much appreciated and if you have suggestions for the new videos - post them here.

Sounds excellent, I'm looking forward to checking this out. I've watched a few of the Russian billiards videos but it is hard to figure out the game and its rules just by watching with no commentary or explanations.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
very interested, and enjoy your commentary greatly!

but Please ditch the music. couldn't finish the first video because it was so obnoxious. even in the 2nd video, it was too loud and distracting. it just doesn't add anything -- your subject is interesting enough!

rrrrr

Registered
but Please ditch the music. couldn't finish the first video because it was so obnoxious. even in the 2nd video, it was too loud and distracting. it just doesn't add anything -- your subject is interesting enough!

Yeah, it seems that it's always either too loud or just someone doesn't like this particular track or something.

Initially I though it would add more dynamic to the video so it won't be boring to watch, but perhaps you are right and non-stop commentary would be enough, especially for a slower paced game like billiards.

So yeah, I'll think about it in the next videos. Thanks for the feedback!

MitchDAZB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool. Thanks for posting!

I like the music in these intro/demonstration videos. The volume matches the force with which the ball is struck!

A match, of course, would be different, where you'd just have the match audio and your commentary.

I'm a geezer myself, but as they say, if it's too loud, you're too old!

Again, thank you!

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Welcome to the forum.

Keith

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Subscribed...Thanks.

Very tough game....wow
They had a Pyramid table in a room in Ft Pierce, Fl a number of years back. It was incredibly hard to put a ball on the spot and hit it into the near corner pocket with the cue. Forget cue to object ball or caroms.

I was maybe 20-30% just stroking the ball directly with the cue for a 2 foot shot. nuts

rrrrr

Registered
They had a Pyramid table in a room in Ft Pierce, Fl a number of years back. It was incredibly hard to put a ball on the spot and hit it into the near corner pocket with the cue. Forget cue to object ball or caroms.

I was maybe 20-30% just stroking the ball directly with the cue for a 2 foot shot. nuts

So true, it's amazing that in USSR many people played it.

Basically you have to be on par with at least amateur pool player in terms of technique to score a single ball in 5 shots and it takes about a year to reach this level, so you have to be very motivated not to give it up before it becomes "fun" (I just can't omit the parentheses here).

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

oh , i can remember this poolroom in Fort PIerce !! it was closed in january 2013 . a funny thing is than I -as french tourist- have played this table their last opening day , when my friend Stany was playing one pocket with Tom Hay .

the Pyramid games are very interesting, and the hit is verrrry unusual, due to the big & heavy balls .
I love the combined game , unfortunatly,afaik no tables in France anymore. ...

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So true, it's amazing that in USSR many people played it.

Basically you have to be on par with at least amateur pool player in terms of technique to score a single ball in 5 shots and it takes about a year to reach this level, so you have to be very motivated not to give it up before it becomes "fun" (I just can't omit the parentheses here).

In a future video I would love it if you explained the rules of the various games in some detail.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Subscribed, thanks for the effort!

Sadly, there are no Russian pool tables in London.

Russian pool is an extremely difficult and frustrating game. The corner pockets are only 1/6” wider than the diameter of the balls. It’s just crazy!

Does Stalev still play pool these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrrrr

Registered
In a future video I would love it if you explained the rules of the various games in some detail.

Will do!

I guess there will be video with not just with rules comparison, but also with the examples of how small rule changes completely change the pace of the game.