Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro
Page 18 of 35 « First 8161718 192028 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#256)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-02-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan shuffett View Post
Every tick means something in CTE whether its 1 of 360 ticks on an OB or 1 of 360 ticks on a cue ball......and every refined possible placement of a CB OB on a 5,000 sq. inch surface matters as well.

Stan Shuffett
But you can only see and use the visible 178 or so degree portion of the cb and ob, not 360.

But I do find it interesting that you can visualize a "tick" from A or B or whatever, but you say a fractional user can't accurately visualize a fractional aim point to the nearest 1/16 or 1/32 of a ball. A "tick" is 0.5mm across the surace of the ball, while a 1/32 fractional aim is about 2mm wide (1.8). So you can accurately see a 0.5mm difference in an aiming reference but doubt that any fractional user can see a 2mm aiming difference on the ball?

Nevermind. I don't have the patience to go back and forth over this stuff. If you think there are a zillion shots on the table, and Einstein thought there were 6 million, and some mathematician calculated a number near 30,000, it makes no difference. Believe what you want.

Old
  (#257)
Scarlett0Hara
AzB Silver Member
Scarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett0Hara has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
But you can only see and use the visible 178 or so degree portion of the cb and ob, not 360.

But I do find it interesting that you can visualize a "tick" from A or B or whatever, but you say a fractional user can't accurately visualize a fractional aim point to the nearest 1/16 or 1/32 of a ball. A "tick" is 0.5mm across the surace of the ball, while a 1/32 fractional aim is about 2mm wide (1.8). So you can accurately see a 0.5mm difference in an aiming reference but doubt that any fractional user can see a 2mm aiming difference on the ball?

Nevermind. I don't have the patience to go back and forth over this stuff. If you think there are a zillion shots on the table, and Einstein thought there were 6 million, and some mathematician calculated a number near 30,000, it makes no difference. Believe what you want.
lol ... smh

Last edited by Scarlett0Hara; 06-02-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Old
  (#258)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-03-2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
The same aim reference can be used to pocket balls with slight variations in ball placement. Once you've moved the balls far enough out line then another aim reference can be used.
The CB/OB can be located at thousands of places on the table, but that doesn’t mean that many different CB/OB alignments are needed.

With pocket slop it takes only 20-25 CB/OB alignments to make a spot shot from every possible angle - fewer for closer shots, more for longer ones. The longest possible shot into the smallest pocket needs less than 100 alignments to be made from any CB location.

Even so, no system defines that many CB/OB alignments “objectively”. Except for the closest shots, there are always needed alignments that fall between the relatively few system-defined alignments and need player judgment.

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 06-03-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Old
  (#259)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2020, 02:44 AM

Quote:

The beauty of CTE is that it does resolve shots down to a single CCB tick. It’s not that I believe it. I know it.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 06-03-2020 at 04:37 AM.

Old
  (#260)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2020, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
The CB/OB can be located at thousands of places on the table, but that doesn’t mean that many different CB/OB alignments are needed.

With pocket slop it takes only 20-25 CB/OB alignments to make a spot shot from every possible angle - fewer for closer shots, more for longer ones. The longest possible shot into the smallest pocket needs less than 100 alignments to be made from any CB location.

Even so, no system defines that many CB/OB alignments “objectively”. Except for the closest shots, there are always needed alignments that fall between the relatively few system-defined alignments and need player judgment.

pj
chgo

Since you’re qualifying “no system” then please explain BASIC CTE and PRO ONE.

You won’t because you can not do so. You really don’t know what you don’t know.

100 alignments. You gotta be kidding me! I seriously doubt that any pro during their course of shooting a few million shots has ever exactly duplicated more than a handful of shots.

You’re thinking is in line of what I would teach to a non serious student such as what I used to encounter in my college classes. That’s the type of student that needs a limited number of alignments approach. Limit a pro to a few alignments and you’re pulling his teeth.

When I work with players I don’t pull their teeth nor do I pull their their leg with stifling information that leads to limitation.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 06-03-2020 at 03:10 AM.

Old
  (#261)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2020, 03:57 AM

Quote:
The beauty of CTE is that it does resolve shots down to a single CCB tick. Its that I believe it. I know it.

Stan Shuffett
That is beautiful. It's amazing that you can actually see or visualize a single "tick" on the ob end of the alignments.

Old
  (#262)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
That is beautiful. It's amazing that you can actually see or visualize a single "tick" on the ob end of the alignments.
It IS amazing to the uninitiated that a single tick can be singled out for resolving a shot. That just wasn’t supposed to be due to the nature of aiming spheres, but it is.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 06-03-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Old
  (#263)
BC21
Poolology

06-03-2020, 05:04 AM

Duplicate ........

Old
  (#264)
BC21
Poolology

06-03-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
It IS amazing to the uninitiated that a single tick can be singled out for resolving a shot. That just wasnt supposed to be due to the nature of aiming spheres, but it is.

Stan Shuffett
Yes, it is amazing that you believe you can pinpoint a 0.5mm difference with an ETA line on the ob, but you don't believe a non-CTE user like myself can pinpoint a fractional aim line within 2mm on the ob.

One "tick" is only 0.5mm, since you say there are 360 ticks on each ball.

A ball's circumference is 179.6mm. So......179.6 360 = 0.5, which is about a 1/120 fractional portion of the ob. That is super fine tuning right there. You've said before that it's guesswork for a fractional aimer to be able to distinguish a 2mm aim difference on the ob, which is a 1/32 fractional adjustment. A 4mm aim difference is about 1/16 adjustment. Yet you believe you can adjust a line within a 1/120th difference. I don't get it.

Old
  (#265)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2020, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is amazing that you believe you can pinpoint a 0.5mm difference with an ETA line on the ob, but you don't believe a non-CTE user like myself can pinpoint a fractional aim line within 2mm on the ob.

One "tick" is only 0.5mm, since you say there are 360 ticks on each ball.

A ball's circumference is 179.6mm. So......179.6 360 = 0.5, which is about a 1/120 fractional portion of the ob. That is super fine tuning right there. You've said before that it's guesswork for a fractional aimer to be able to distinguish a 2mm aim difference on the ob, which is a 1/32 fractional adjustment. A 4mm aim difference is about 1/16 adjustment. Yet you believe you can adjust a line within a 1/120th difference. I don't get it.

You have said yourself that you are proficient at seeing two line perceptions.

CTE is not a single line process as in conventional. Just as though a player can see a complete CB OB coverage PERCEPTION for a zero angle, it just so happens that 15s 30s and 45s can be seen with the same accuracy.

CTE is a perceptual process that leads to a one tick solution.

Two lines are always superior to a one line hell and three lines are always superior to two lines.

Pool is played visually and physically. Your math logic is holding you back, waaaaaay back.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 06-03-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Old
  (#266)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
The beauty of CTE is that it does resolve shots down to a single CCB tick. It’s not that I believe it. I know it.

Stan Shuffett
Really...how do you explain the same alignment creating a wide range of ticks as in my picture. The person must select one from many because the system fails to produce just one shot line.

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Old
  (#267)
BC21
Poolology

06-03-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:

CTE is not a single line process as in conventional. Just as though a player can see a complete CB OB coverage PERCEPTION for a zero angle, it just so happens that 15s 30s and 45s can be seen with the same accuracy.

Two lines are always superior to a one line hell and three lines are always superior to two lines.

Pool is played visually and physically. Your math logic is holding you back, waaaaaay back.

Stan Shuffett
I was mainly referring to a video where you explained a shot as having an ETA line "one tick" passed the quarter reference. The CTE line was normal. That means you adjusted the ETA line only. So my question was based on that single line. With fractional aiming I use one line -- ccb to a specific point on the ob. And it never requires an adjustment as fine as one "tick", a 1/120 fraction or 0.5mm difference. A 2mm adjustment is quite simple to do.

As far as two or three lines being "superior" to one....that's a matter of opinion. Typically the quickest and easiest way to get from point A to point B is one straight line, not a two or three line triangulation method that leads to one straight line, but a simple one straight line from the start. That's what I prefer. And I seriously doubt that it's holding me back any at all. Lol.

Regardless, I'm sure many players benefit from your work. And I hope you do well with your book.

Old
  (#268)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I was mainly referring to a video where you explained a shot as having an ETA line "one tick" passed the quarter reference. The CTE line was normal. That means you adjusted the ETA line only. So my question was based on that single line. With fractional aiming I use one line -- ccb to a specific point on the ob. And it never requires an adjustment as fine as one "tick", a 1/120 fraction or 0.5mm difference. A 2mm adjustment is quite simple to do.

As far as two or three lines being "superior" to one....that's a matter of opinion. Typically the quickest and easiest way to get from point A to point B is one straight line, not a two or three line triangulation method that leads to one straight line, but a simple one straight line from the start. That's what I prefer. And I seriously doubt that it's holding me back any at all. Lol.

Regardless, I'm sure many players benefit from your work. And I hope you do well with your book.
Seeing precision multi-lined fractional perceptions ( 15 30 45 ) can be easily learned. The last thing that I’d ever put in the mind of any aspiring player would be to aim with center cue ball.
Amateurs aim with the center of the cue ball while pros aim with one of two cue cue ball edges.

Thanks for the well wish concerning my book!

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#269)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-03-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:

Stan Shuffett
The extra "X" chromosome Brian has is also holding him back. Yakity-Yak-Yakity-Yak until somebody just gives up.

I swear with more time and under different circumstances if he and James Aranis had a chance to sit down and have a long talk about technique after their short match, Brian would have been telling him that he can make balls and win alright but he certainly doesn't have an understanding of math and the laws of physics because everything he says and thinks about pool is incorrect. It's even a wonder how he can play so good.

Once Aranis knew what he does, he could become the winningest pro in the history of the game and the GOAT.

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Old
  (#270)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pack View Post
Really...how do you explain the same alignment creating a wide range of ticks as in my picture. The person must select one from many because the system fails to produce just one shot line.
Anthony, its a perceptual process that unlocks unique center cue ball alignments for unique CB OB relationships.

More than one alignment is required for executing the shots in your diagram.

Stan Shuffett

Page 18 of 35 « First 8161718 192028 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: