(#1696)
mrpoopytime
Registered
mrpoopytime is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

06-02-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfriesth View Post
I'm happy to share some details of my display project with the hope that I don't bore some of our other AZBers. If you have any addition question I am can share more on AZB or you can PM me any time.
Thanks! That was quite informative. I do wonder though if it could be made simpler by skipping the dado groove and just using the drill pressed dimples.

Also, that's a lovely collection! I'm also jealous of all that wall space. A good portion of my room is taken up by windows (which are certainly nice in their own way) so I've been thinking about ways to display balls vertically, between the windows.

Old
  (#1697)
bfriesth
Bolder
bfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2020, 07:41 AM

Absolutely, I think just the dimples would work well and save time. Vertical ball display would be very interesting and look great. I would have to ponder that for awhile for some ideas. Do you already have a design in mind?

Old
  (#1698)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2020, 07:46 AM

Hello, gentlemen.

Just a very quick comment about vertical displays for what it’s worth. I’ve often thought about this concept as I believe it would look fantastic. I checked online and large glass tubes are available. I envisaged some sort of internal frame encased in a glass cylinder that one could lift on and off for access to the balls.

Crazy idea, I know.

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Ball galleries: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2574

Custom designs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2653

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1699)
mrpoopytime
Registered

06-03-2020, 09:18 AM

I had considered some sort of wire frame, similar to a ball return or what I've seen on some snooker table pockets. I like the glass tube idea as well. The problem I see with these vertical designs is that they make it more difficult to access the balls if you want to play with them.

Old
  (#1700)
ChuckJones1987
Registered
ChuckJones1987 is on a distinguished road

06-09-2020, 06:36 AM

Many thanks to everyone showcasing all the various pool balls out there. As a relatively new collector, I would be lost on my hunt for unique pool balls without the information shared here. You guys are awesome.

Here's a no number ball set I stumbled upon a couple weeks ago. I am unable to find any information at all on this. Does anyone own a set? Super Aramith Pro EX.

Old
  (#1701)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

06-09-2020, 06:55 AM

Outstanding, Chuck!

I don’t know how you do it, dear fellow, but you somehow manage to find incredible examples. That set appears to be some sort of prototype from Aramith without the numbers. I absolutely LOVE it, sir. Please share details of how you managed to acquire such a rare thing.

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1702)
ChuckJones1987
Registered
ChuckJones1987 is on a distinguished road

06-09-2020, 07:04 AM

Sorry, I don't own that set. I found that image on a Japanese billiards website. They were completely sold out and at the moment I can't find any other examples online.

Old
  (#1703)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.

06-09-2020, 07:37 AM

Ah, thanks, Chuck.

I suppose we must accept the possibility that (despite what it says on the box) they are not actually Aramith? A lot of counterfeits do come out of the Far East.

I still love them. Could you possibly email me a link please, dear fellow?

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1704)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

06-09-2020, 08:33 AM

Deleted........

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#1705)
bfriesth
Bolder
bfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond repute

06-09-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpoopytime View Post
Thanks! That was quite informative. I do wonder though if it could be made simpler by skipping the dado groove and just using the drill pressed dimples.

Also, that's a lovely collection! I'm also jealous of all that wall space. A good portion of my room is taken up by windows (which are certainly nice in their own way) so I've been thinking about ways to display balls vertically, between the windows.
Just thinking....I like the "floating" shelf concept. One idea would be to cut 16 2.5" squares with a .5" dimple and attach them to the wall individually. I think you would have to attach to a stud for stability and installation would be a pain in the ass. Second ideal would be to do the same thing but attach each to a backer board of some sort. Installation would be much easier and the whole rack could be moved with minimal effort.

Just my thought for the day.

Old
  (#1706)
mrpoopytime
Registered

06-09-2020, 10:57 AM

The Dynasphere Tungstens came in the other day. I've really been enjoying them. They play well, the colors are beautiful (even my non-playing wife approved!), and they have been highly resistant to chalk stains. Interestingly they don't appear on the Dynasphere website. I've emailed them for more info but I suspect they're discontinued. From what I can gather, they have the same tolerances as the rest of the Dynasphere line and in my personal opinion they are much better looking than the Gold and Silver lines. These are going to replace my Aramith Premiums as my daily playing set.

The only oddity about this set is that I received them with the seal on the box broken. I'm guessing this more due to the vendor I bought them from and may explain why they were so inexpensive. In any case, they looked like they had never been used.

Last edited by mrpoopytime; 06-09-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Old
  (#1707)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.

06-09-2020, 11:42 AM

Beautiful set, Mr P.

How much were those Dynasphere Tungstens if you don’t mind me asking, sir?

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1708)
mrpoopytime
Registered

06-09-2020, 03:34 PM

With shipping, $63. If you google Dynasphere Tungsten the first result should be where I got them from, and it looks like they've raised the price a little.

Old
  (#1709)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.

06-09-2020, 03:46 PM

Thank you, sir. Very much appreciated indeed.

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1710)
mrpoopytime
Registered

06-09-2020, 09:44 PM

Regarding the broken seal on the Dynasphere Tungstens I received, I received a response from Willie Olhausen saying that all of the seals on the boxes they received were broken, and it happens with their Aramith sets as well. If you end up ordering a set, expect a broken seal. He did say they were brand new and I'll confirm that they looked like it.

Page 114 of 117 « First 1464104112113114 115116 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: