Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Ask The Cuemaker
Reload this Page Looking for high quality Irish linen

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Looking for high quality Irish linen
Old
  (#1)
Getnbzy
Take 2 they're small
Getnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond reputeGetnbzy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Looking for high quality Irish linen - 05-21-2020, 09:34 PM

As the title states. Looking for the highest quality solid black linen, enough for one cue. What would you all suggest?
Thanks in advance.

Name: J.R.
Case: Justis

Sunday night after the match ends someone is gonna end up at the rhino making bad decisions. Even if I have to do it myself. ~JCIN discussing the post TAR 21 battle plan.

Old
  (#2)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getnbzy View Post
As the title states. Looking for the highest quality solid black linen, enough for one cue. What would you all suggest?
Thanks in advance.

Search Hulberts with your suppliers.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb

Old
  (#3)
CuesRus1973
AzB Silver Member
CuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Webb View Post
Hurlbert definitely finishes out nicest but available colors are limited.

Keepin' the rubber side down...

Old
  (#4)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuesRus1973 View Post
Hurlbert definitely finishes out nicest but available colors are limited.

Agreed. They use to have a lot more including the right white with lime/green. But unfortunately, they were the middle men on that and thier source dried up.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb

Old
  (#5)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Agreed. They use to have a lot more including the right white with lime/green. But unfortunately, they were the middle men on that and thier source dried up.
Aloha Michael,

If I wanted to buy some white with green speck that looked and felt as close as possible to the old stuff, would Hurlbert be available somewhere and the best for that?

I have a Titlist conversion that is in mint condition, but the wrap is dirty and I'd like to get it redone sometime soon.

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

Old
  (#6)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Can I get a Link with that please

Old
  (#7)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2020, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
Aloha Michael,

If I wanted to buy some white with green speck that looked and felt as close as possible to the old stuff, would Hurlbert be available somewhere and the best for that?

I have a Titlist conversion that is in mint condition, but the wrap is dirty and I'd like to get it redone sometime soon.

Hello Sir;
Going to be a long post. Maje some coffee.
A couple of people on here long ago claim to have had good luck cleaning the original linen. One used Simple green. The other used Magic eraser. The linen would have to be treated like a new wrap when finished. Meaning, pressed, burnished, etc etc.
Hulberts themselves do not have the resources anymore to get the white with lime/green. It doesn't matter hiw much I tried to buy. Classic Cues tried also a few years ago. He did have luck getting something made but it wasn't lime/green. I bought some of it, felt nice but the wrong color and the wrong mix on the winding. I put iy on one cue and wasn't crazy about the mifoline up. I haven't used it since.
Hulberts did offer another optin back in the day but the green was darker and to dominant for my liking.
Whwn blue mountain was open, they offered one, a little darker green than the line/green but not to bad.
Optins for you:
Check with Pechauer. They were offering something a few years back, whether it was Hulberts or Cortland, I don't know.
Option 2:
Contact Fred Kohara of Tad cues and see if he'll either wrap it or if he'll sell you some. Lmao GOOD LUCK!
His dad put the right color mix on every cue. I don't know where he got it or had it made by. Wish I did.
Option 3:
Prathers had a linen once. The lime/green was lighter in color. Color was acceptable but the linen had a lot of hairs on it. Too bad too.
I have Cortland left but it's not eneogh for a cue.
Guido Orlandi had some original Cortland last year or the year before. Guido is tight with Drexler so maybe Drexler got some of it.
Good luck.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb

Old
  (#8)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post
Can I get a Link with that please
Trying to get me in trouble Huh. It's against Forum rules for me to post links.
The Forum cops will love this.
Atlas billiard supply, Prather, Cue man billiards, unique products.
Make some calls.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: