Green Threads

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On main forum page there are 13 light green colored threads that seem to be permanent. They take up almost half the page. Is there a way to delete them permanently for when I log in?
thanks in advance

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
They are "STICK NOTES", like as Tattoo, impossible to remove. One the big ka hums - AZHousePro, or Moderators have the secret code to make go away.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just as a single opinion, there are far too many. It should be like 4 at the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It should be like 4 at the most.
Personally, I don't mind them on the main page, even though I have to scroll past them - but consolidating them wouldn't be so hard to do. Here's the list of current stickies organized into three Stickies with multiple sub-Stickies each. It would look like this on the main screen:

Stickies: FORUM INFO
Stickies: INSTRUCTIONAL
Stickies: MISCELLANEOUS

The 13 existing stickies could be filed in those general categories like this:

FORUM INFO
- New Here? - Introduce Yourself
- 2020 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread
- Club Membership
- A great explanation on how to post images
- AZB Memberships : BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD
- New forum rules regarding posting of links
- Forum Rules

INSTRUCTIONAL
- Table Difficulty Factor (TDF) for measuring table "toughness"
- FOULS IN POOL ... Everything You Need to Know
- Billiard University (BU) playing-ability-exam scores and ratings

MISCELLANEOUS
- Current list of tournament cancellations/postponements
- REWARD + GoFundMe Acct. to catch Mike Surber's murderer
- GoPlayPool US Pool Rooms Directory

pj
chgo

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t mind all that much. In Tapatalk on a phone it’s a bit excessive. It’s over a full screen worth of scrolling. Then again, I don’t really go to the home page. I just monitor my notifications for new threads I’m interested in, existing threads I’ve already subscribed to, and quotes of my previous posts.

e6a43aef0ed0bf6a4ab128ca9cee4c71.jpg

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
There are too many -- particularly because they cut into the "front page". But what do you cut? What is important to me may not . . . For instance, to me personally, the reward sticky on Mike Surber should never be removed until we have the sob. I hate that this item is "lost" among others that I deem of far less importance -- it should be twice as big. But, again, who decides? What is important . . .

One of AZB's beauties is that it maintains cohesion among a diverse group through love of a common interest. If a bunch of stickies I find insignificant is the price I have to pay to have my one and keep everyone else happy, too, I will happily pay it.

Not complaining. Very grateful.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope that the revision in progress will improve on the stickies. One way would be to bump them automatically once per week, a couple each day. Just a small matter of programming. When you see a wall of stickies all the time, you learn to ignore them.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
They need to get rid of those damn pop-ups.
By the time you close out three or four and click on a new thread, there they are again. :mad:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope that the revision in progress will improve on the stickies. One way would be to bump them automatically once per week, a couple each day. Just a small matter of programming. When you see a wall of stickies all the time, you learn to ignore them.

Or have a setting to hide to stickies. :thumbup: At least they are green and stand out so it easy to bypass them without even glancing.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... At least they are green ...
Not for those of us who honor tradition and the proper way of doing things and use the vB 3 Style. They just say "Sticky: ..." But I can still auto-scroll to the good stuff.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not for those of us who honor tradition and the proper way of doing things and use the vB 3 Style. They just say "Sticky: ..." But I can still auto-scroll to the good stuff.

Auto scroll like your brain just automatically spins that mouse wheel? Or did you write a computer macro for when you visit the site?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stickys on main forum are usually forum rules, DO and DON'T, IMPORTANT stuff that is applicable to all forum members.
When you have to scroll twice to get to the white threads, there is something wrong and there are way too many stickys
Narrow esoteric stuff for the nerds, techies like "Table Difficulty Factor" while they are useful should not be stickys. Imagine newbie guest first time visits Azb first thing he sees is Table Difficulty Factor, Ghost Challenge. He will be out of here in no time :grin:

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems it would be easy to make them optional. Like the ignore option. Make a separate forum for them?

Last edited:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t mind them.

However, anyone new might not realize there are active threads below. This has happened to me on other sites.

However, AZ Billiards doesn’t seem all concerned about expanding numbers of participants. Muddling along until everyone is dead. It’s a microcosm of American Pool. 10 year old threads get reincarnated and the first thing pointed out is the original OP is dead.

There are other web sites with easier features,wider demographics, etc, This site is lik acomfortable pair of slippers. I don’t even notice the pinned threads. I once read one about posting an image and it made no sense for my newer device.

Last edited: