Rolling Stones Snooker Table on Discovery Channel's Auction Kings Tonight.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I'm curious what everyone thinks the over/under is on this table. It will be on the Discovery channels Auction Kings show tonight. Of course, since this was almost assuredly taped, perhaps someone knows what it went for.

I'll throw out a number: $25K

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I'm curious what everyone thinks the over/under is on this table. It will be on the Discovery channels Auction Kings show tonight. Of course, since this was almost assuredly taped, perhaps someone knows what it went for.

I'll throw out a number: $25K

damit....i posted this up a week ago and then forgot to watch the darn thing sunday....

I know the table sold for around 13k a few years back.....

I think 25k is out of range?

I'm guessing the line is around $18k and the table will sell for 15k

NoBull9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what it sold for but I know who built it.Formally Atlantic Billiards Corp,Don built five different tables for the Rolling Stones.I had the pleasure of delivering one back stage in Florida at the swamp during the Voodoo Lounge Tour.Back stage passes and my first Stones concert kick ass time.Don sold the company a few years ago.My guess is it will sell for around eight.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It comes on at 10:30 p.m., Eastern Standard time; IOW, my neck of the woods! :p

TV listing and times: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=1.16398.26169.39167.1

Description of tonight's show: A seller brings in a snooker table he built for the Rolling Stones to use on tour. A woman's collection of rare African artifacts, including an elephant mask, two iron throne chairs, and a terracotta honey pot. Paul's dad Bob decides to sell a family of alien props that he took as trade for a pool table.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
oh so your not playing? i see how it is....you don't have to play

TV listing and times: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=1.16398.26169.39167.1

Description of tonight's show: A seller brings in a snooker table he built for the Rolling Stones to use on tour. A woman's collection of rare African artifacts, including an elephant mask, two iron throne chairs, and a terracotta honey pot. Paul's dad Bob decides to sell a family of alien props that he took as trade for a pool table.

ughhh wheres your price quote jam?;):(

ask keith what he thinks its gonna go for?:thumbup:

THE PRICE IS WRONG:p

Attachments

• happy-gilmore-bob-barker.jpg
    happy-gilmore-bob-barker.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,447

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Not sure what it sold for but I know who built it.Formally Atlantic Billiards Corp,Don built five different tables for the Rolling Stones.I had the pleasure of delivering one back stage in Florida at the swamp during the Voodoo Lounge Tour.Back stage passes and my first Stones concert kick ass time.Don sold the company a few years ago.My guess is it will sell for around eight.

That may well be, but according to the Snooker sites in the UK, the original one was commissioned by the Stones and built from an old 1950's Brunswick snooker table. That one went up for sale in December of 2005 on eBay to raise funds for a sick girl's medical expenses, had green felt that was signed by all the members. It sold originally for almost $14K, but that buyer defaulted. It went back up for sale and did finally sell for $12.5K. I was under the impression there was only one, but it seems that that may not have been the case.

Lisa

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
damit....i posted this up a week ago and then forgot to watch the darn thing sunday....

I know the table sold for around 13k a few years back.....

I think 25k is out of range?

I'm guessing the line is around $18k and the table will sell for 15k

GG, I don't think you missed the show. My schedule says the program is new tonight, not a repeat.

I looked for pics on the internet but couldn't find any. I saw some previews for the show and the table looks very cool.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
GG, I don't think you missed the show. My schedule says the program is new tonight, not a repeat.

I looked for pics on the internet but couldn't find any. I saw some previews for the show and the table looks very cool.

Yep, the show's tonight. Auction Kings runs back to back shows 30 min in length...the Stones table will be in the second 30 min show. Not sure when it airs elsewhere, but here it will be 10:30 PDT.

Lisa

NoBull9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don wasn't building tables until the 80's.I never said anything about this table being the first for the stones nor the last.I just know the table being sold was built by ABC Corp.Don built three twelve foot snookers and 2 eight foot table for the stones one of the eight footers was delivered to Keith Richards home.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM...Not to nitpick, but it's still Eastern Daylight time...until Sundayv11/7! :D It's okay...my wife thought Daylight Savings ended last Sunday too!

On topic, I bet the table doesn't even bring 10K.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Don wasn't building tables until the 80's.I never said anything about this table being the first for the stones nor the last.I just know the table being sold was built by ABC Corp.Don built three twelve foot snookers and 2 eight foot table for the stones one of the eight footers was delivered to Keith Richards home.

You misunderstood. The original wasn't built in the 1950's...just from a 1950's Brunswick Snooker table.

All I was stating from my post was that I was not aware that there was more than one table built for the Stones.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like the owner/builder (Don) only expects to get four grand for the snooker table built for the Rolling Stones. I'm sure he'll get that...at least! LOL

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They just said that the first Rolling Stones table was designed in 1970. It was not made by Don, but went at auction for $96K!

They're bidding now on Don's snooker table...it sold for only $4K!:eek: Wow...somebody got a great deal.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

You misunderstood. The original wasn't built in the 1950's...just from a 1950's Brunswick Snooker table.

All I was stating from my post was that I was not aware that there was more than one table built for the Stones.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
They just said that the first Rolling Stones table was designed in 1970. It was not made by Don, but went at auction for $96K!

They're bidding now on Don's snooker table...it sold for only $4K!:eek: Wow...somebody got a great deal.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Thats a great deal Scott but I can believe it with the economy doing so poorly. I have a buddy who wants me to sell a 5x10 Brunswick Centennial snooker, its in great shape and is rosewood and I can't get anyone interested:(. Anyway thanks for the update.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim...I think there's more value in that table, even than $4K, because of the provenance that goes with it. I bet when the economy rebounds (which it eventually always has) that table will be worth triple that, to some Rolling Stones collector! Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
wow thats stealing.....you couldn't get the table made for that.......would cost probably 10k at least

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
wow thats stealing.....you couldn't get the table made for that.......would cost probably 10k at least

I agree!! I figured there would be at least a few Stones fans with money and the room for it that would bid on the thing.

If I was the seller I would have had a reserve of $10K, for gosh sakes.