Woodward Attitude?

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I saw Sky play recently and his attitude both on and off the table rubbed me the wrong way.

I've heard from some other pros that Sky's head has gotten too big over this past 1-2 years and I can see it. Kind of sucks because he's a great player but watching him play and noticing his attitude I lost respect for him.

Also, in case anybody wants to make a "Well, then play him for money" post - I'm not saying I can beat him, he's a great player, I'm talking about his attitude because he seemed cocky and was whining when he was losing.

Youthbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that he has been extremely huge in the life of one of the worlds best junior nine ball players. Eric Roberts just finished 9/12 in Moscow at the World Junior Championship. I met young Eric Roberts and his dad in Las Vegas this August at the BEF Junior Nationals. They introduced me to Sky and told me that he treated Eric as if he was his own little brother. This year I know he blew off a big tournament to be at the Junior Nationals because he doesn’t forget where he came from and he wanted to cheer on Eric. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Also, in case anybody wants to make a "Well, then play him for money" post

I do not know why or how someone would respond to your post this way, but i have probably read crazier things on here.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that he has been extremely huge in the life of one of the worlds best junior nine ball players. Eric Roberts just finished 9/12 in Moscow at the World Junior Championship. I met young Eric Roberts and his dad in Las Vegas this August at the BEF Junior Nationals. They introduced me to Sky and told me that he treated Eric as if he was his own little brother. This year I know he blew off a big tournament to be at the Junior Nationals because he doesn’t forget where he came from and he wanted to cheer on Eric. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is kind of why I'm asking - I only saw Sky the one time so I can't be certain but he just really rubbed me the wrong way. Only other pro I've met that had the same effect was Hatch.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
However bad his attitude has become surely it can't be as bad as Mika's...
Right.....lol
Please tell me he's not that far gone.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I saw Sky play recently and his attitude both on and off the table rubbed me the wrong way.

I've heard from some other pros that Sky's head has gotten too big over this past 1-2 years and I can see it. Kind of sucks because he's a great player but watching him play and noticing his attitude I lost respect for him.

Also, in case anybody wants to make a "Well, then play him for money" post - I'm not saying I can beat him, he's a great player, I'm talking about his attitude because he seemed cocky and was whining when he was losing.

I have seen Sky play in several events over the last 5 years and he really is one of the good guys in pool.

He goes out of his way to help the Jr Players and if you ask anybody that has spent any time at all close to Sky i bet not one person would have anything bad to say about the kid.

He is donating his time to play in a charity event next week to help a young girl who was diagnosed with Leukemia earlier this year.

I think the pool world needs more guys like Sky.IMHO

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika's most recent douchebaggery is taking Corey's chalk and throwing it under the table.

Happens at 29:50

https://youtu.be/9jswHs14T68

While Mika can be real a55 the fact is that your chalk doesnt belong on the table when your opponent is shooting. So while throwing Coreys chalk under the table is not something I would cheer for Corey had it coming by leaving the chalk on the table when it was Mikas turn.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me thinks.

I learned a long time ago that my attitude effects so much of my life. Keeping a good attitude and having self control enabled me to have a wonderful wife for the last 43 years, raise 3 children into being productive adults and it allowed me to succeed at work and retire comfortably.

I achieved that by pushing through the tough times and not blaming my failures on any thing or any one. No, life has not been perfect and I messed up plenty of times, but I kept a smile on my face and bore the pain life dishes out.

I think if I was a pro pool player I would hope to have the work ethic, attitude, dedication and self control that Shane brings to the table. Shane has all that and the young pros should take notice of his good qualities.

Shane's world class playing skills are evident when he plays pool, a deeper look at his character will reveal why he is so successful.

I wish Skyler the best life offers.

My 2 cents.........

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While Mika can be real a55 the fact is that your chalk doesnt belong on the table when your opponent is shooting. So while throwing Coreys chalk under the table is not something I would cheer for Corey had it coming by leaving the chalk on the table when it was Mikas turn.

You are crazy.

The chalk absolutely belongs on the table.

It is not needed at the bar, in the bathroom, parking lot, car or kitchen.

It is for shootin pool. You do that on a pool table.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I don't know of one other player who would have done something like that, try to hide Corey's chalk from him. I've seen players in similar situations either hand the chalk to their opponent or just set it on the table where they're sitting.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I learned a long time ago that my attitude effects so much of my life. Keeping a good attitude and having self control enabled me to have a wonderful wife for the last 43 years, raise 3 children into being productive adults and it allowed me to succeed at work and retire comfortably.

I achieved that by pushing through the tough times and not blaming my failures on any thing or any one. No, life has not been perfect and I messed up plenty of times, but I kept a smile on my face and bore the pain life dishes out.

I think if I was a pro pool player I would hope to have the work ethic, attitude, dedication and self control that Shane brings to the table. Shane has all that and the young pros should take notice of his good qualities.

Shane's world class playing skills are evident when he plays pool, a deeper look at his character will reveal why he is so successful.

I wish Skyler the best life offers.

My 2 cents.........

You said a whole lot there, good words to live by. Your attitude shapes your perception of things, and has a lot to do with how well you deal with the inevitable problems and difficulties that we all must endure from time to time.
For many people it's a huge breakthrough when they realize that they are the ones responsible for what happens in their life. Playing the blame game will get you nowhere!

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know of one other player who would have done something like that, try to hide Corey's chalk from him. I've seen players in similar situations either hand the chalk to their opponent or just set it on the table where they sit.

Mika is annoyed easily as are Daz and Earl. They all get hot yet all are World Champions and multiple US Open Champions. Would they all have even more victories if they were calm like a Yogi? I kinda doubt it.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes confidence can be mistaken for arrogance. As far as other pro players, there could be a bit of jealousy involved. I have had the privilege to see Sky play a number of times and have played him in a tournament before. I would give him the benefit of the doubt concerning losing respect and then posting it about it. He has given a lot back to the game concerning his work with juniors.

There is an old saying, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." These players don't become top players without losing affecting them greatly. Should they lose with class and respect? Yes because it's the right thing to do but also it could hurt their brand when it comes to sponsorship and other opportunities. But, generally I'll give them a pass unless I've seen the behavior over a period of time.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know of one other player who would have done something like that, try to hide Corey's chalk from him. I've seen players in similar situations either hand the chalk to their opponent or just set it on the table where they're sitting.

What a scumbag.Throws it away and acts like he is helping him find it all shocked.A new low.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been following Sky for several years. I have always been impressed with his professionalism and comradery, whether winning or losing.

Like most of us, he has good days and bad days. I can't remember a single time that I wasn't impressed with him. He's a good sport and good for the game. If someone made a thread like this everytime they had a "gut feeling", humanity and pool would be in big trouble.

Ray

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are crazy.

The chalk absolutely belongs on the table.

It is not needed at the bar, in the bathroom, parking lot, car or kitchen.

It is for shootin pool. You do that on a pool table.

YOUR chalk belongs on the table when YOU shoot. By your logic I can place a powder, tip scuffer and a burnisher on the rail when my inning ends to annoy my opponent. Have fun with that :cool: :eek:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sure, like I said - Mika can be an a55 at times and the vid proves it perfectly :D:D:D My approach would be handing the chalk to my opponent just like you mentioned to let him know that I dont want his chalk to stay on the rail when I shoot.