Re:GC3

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re:GC3

Finally had my table finished. Still have to hang the light and move the furniture back in place. But so far so good. Went with the blue cloth. But I am ecstatic the table is in excellent shape.
zyqybeqa.jpg
3u5aqyme.jpg

Sent via Samsung hand held device.

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What work needed done?

I have the same table and I'm very anxious to get it set up. I'm just a little hung up on whether or not I change the rails to Artemis from older seems to be original Superspeeds. The table is in excellent shape, rails seem to be okay, just thinking how better can I get it to play. Your table looks great, I'm curious as to what work did you have done? What rails are on your table? Thanks in advance, nice work, great pool room you have there.

JC

Coos Cues
Finally had my table finished. Still have to hang the light and move the furniture back in place. But so far so good. Went with the blue cloth. But I am ecstatic the table is in excellent shape.
zyqybeqa.jpg
3u5aqyme.jpg

Sent via Samsung hand held device.

Not sure what kind of floor that is but IMO those squares you have the legs sitting on makes the whole thing look funky and home made. It subtracts a lot of the elegance of the GC's appearance. Either make them round or put the legs right on the floor, whatever it is.

JC

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those squares are rubber mats that are thin. Just because we were worried about it sliding for any reason. The floor is ceramic tile. I trimmed the squares recently and they are virtually invisible now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same table and I'm very anxious to get it set up. I'm just a little hung up on whether or not I change the rails to Artemis from older seems to be original Superspeeds. The table is in excellent shape, rails seem to be okay, just thinking how better can I get it to play. Your table looks great, I'm curious as to what work did you have done? What rails are on your table? Thanks in advance, nice work, great pool room you have there.

I had the rails upgraded to Klematch formerly Kleber P59 which is a K-59 profile. So far I don't regret it. It seems to be playing better everyday. Cloth is Simonis 860 hr and the pockets are 4 1/4. So far so good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JC

Coos Cues
Those squares are rubber mats that are thin. Just because we were worried about it sliding for any reason. The floor is ceramic tile. I trimmed the squares recently and they are virtually invisible now.

Excellent!!

JC

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Figured I would try something different. Had super speed on the last table I had before it was damaged in the storm and 2 of them where in bad shape.

matteroner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the rails upgraded to Klematch formerly Kleber P59 which is a K-59 profile. So far I don't regret it. It seems to be playing better everyday. Cloth is Simonis 860 hr and the pockets are 4 1/4. So far so good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think you mean k-55? Did you have your subrails recalibrated or did you just go with the smaller playing surface?

matteroner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would the playing surface shrink using k55 rubber?

JC

because the table was not originally made for k-55 rubber as far as I know. So putting those cushions on gives you the correct rail height but not the correct playing surface size. Thus the diamond system will be slightly off and sruface slightly smaller than 50x100

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
because the table was not originally made for k-55 rubber as far as I know. So putting those cushions on gives you the correct rail height but not the correct playing surface size. Thus the diamond system will be slightly off and sruface slightly smaller than 50x100

GC3 had Superspeed cushions which are K55.
Gc1 and GC2 had Monarch cushions ( I know b/c I removed mine ).

rack boy

Registered
I have a GC 1 or 2, It has 2 different Monarch cushion sizes on it, the left and 1 end rail has the smaller Monarch cushion which measures 2" of cloth to the rail ,the right and 1 end rail has wider Monarch cushion that matches the K55 and measures 2 1/8" of cloth. The 2 1/8 does make the playing surface not square. My rails must be from 2 different tables, so be careful when you buy. My guess is brunswick changed the profile at the end of GC 2 but didn't change the rail width untill the GC 3 when when they changed cushion name to brunswick super speed instead of Monarch super speed.

I haven't fixed this problem yet, so the table is not together. Has anyone else
seen the 2 different size Monarch super speed cushions?

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you mean k-55? Did you have your subrails recalibrated or did you just go with the smaller playing surface?

Your right k55 is what I meant I had them calibrated. The Table mechanic that did the install is Carl from new England. Can't remember his last name but it will Come to me. He was recommended by Ed from Sand Castle billiards in Edison. Real good friend of mind known on here as Sandman.