How many are using FB groups to sell now instead of AZ for sale subforum?

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
With no NPR, you'll find somewhere else to go....not a bad deal;) Yes, I'm in favor of no NPR forum:thumbup:

No, I'd go find all of your bad business deal threads and post there......that would be enough to keep me occupied for a long, long time. And of course with you being you there would surely be plenty more of them in the future to keep me busy.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
My posts and generated discussions resulting in many more posts help provide traffic and probably some sort of support to ad revenue for this website. Unlike those who use this place mainly to hawk their wares I don't feel the need to pay to be a member. And as a matter of principle I'm not going to pay when I can be arbitrarily banned.

I know this is still shocking to some - but people although sharing a mutual interest in pool also have other interests besides pool.....hence the NPR section. Yes, I know, it's just crazy isn't it? And if you and others paid attention you'd probably see that plenty of other internet communities have off-topic type of sections as well. There's a reason for that.

Edit - I see you just posted in NPR in the 1st Quarter GDP thread.....yet you're in favor of it getting axed? :speechless::rotflmao1:

Ummm actually as you refuse to actually post under your given name you are about as useless as Dumb pooper... Whatever you think your worth is starts and ends with your opinion because you are not big boy enought to step out and sign your name... Sorry but that's the way it works... I stand up everyday and defend what I say here or elsewhere... You? not so much....

you stepped outside of NPR... bad mistake... out here you either need to actually know what you are talking about or GTFO... I know you are hovering but really you need to GTFO and get back into NPR........

Chris

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No, I'd go find all of your bad business deal threads and post there......that would be enough to keep me occupied for a long, long time. And of course with you being you there would surely be plenty more of them in the future to keep me busy.

Sounds like I hit a nerve...are you getting mad? You're starting to sound like you are, so you go right ahead and bring forward any of my threads you want....I don't care...LOL

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
Ummm actually as you refuse to actually post under your given name you are about as useless as Dumb pooper... Whatever you think your worth is starts and ends with your opinion because you are not big boy enought to step out and sign your name... Sorry but that's the way it works... I stand up everyday and defend what I say here or elsewhere... You? not so much....

you stepped outside of NPR... bad mistake... out here you either need to actually know what you are talking about or GTFO... I know you are hovering but really you need to GTFO and get back into NPR........

Chris

Here's the thing - what you think doesn't mean s**t to me. Is that clear enough for you? Your mistake is thinking I do. And I must have missed it - do you run things around here? When you do something beyond trying to hawk your wares maybe I'll give your opinion some weight ....until then I'll give it the consideration it deserves.

toilet_flushing_5.jpg

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
Sounds like I hit a nerve...are you getting mad? You're starting to sound like you are, so you go right ahead and bring forward any of my threads you want....I don't care...LOL

Why would I be mad at you demonstrating how you are? And you do it so well as those past threads highlight.

It's good entertainment and quite revealing seeing people get butt-hurt about NPR.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Here's the thing - what you think doesn't mean s**t to me. Is that clear enough for you? Your mistake is thinking I do. And I must have missed it - do you run things around here? When you do something beyond trying to hawk your wares maybe I'll give your opinion some weight ....until then I'll give it the consideration it deserves.

toilet_flushing_5.jpg

Actually what you don't get is an anon asshat opinion means nothing to anyone... I could give a rip what you think because the only anon asshat in this thread is you... My name is out there all day long...

You can go pound sand... U got the 7... Sure you want the 7 out in 9ball you want 7 points on the IQ test or you want seven steps to the door Mr?? Pick it... now GTFO.........

Reactions: KRJ

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why would I be mad at you demonstrating how you are? And you do it so well as those past threads highlight.

It's good entertainment and quite revealing seeing people get butt-hurt about NPR.

Thank you for your help in making it pretty clear as to why the NPR forum needs to be removed....I'm done, you can play with yourself now:eek:

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
Actually what you don't get is an anon asshat opinion means nothing to anyone... I could give a rip what you think because the only anon asshat in this thread is you... My name is out there all day long...

You can go pound sand... U got the 7... Sure you want the 7 out in 9ball you want 7 points on the IQ test or you want seven steps to the door Mr?? Pick it... now GTFO.........

It must mean something since here you are again.

If I ever use this place to hawk my wares maybe I'll put my name out there too.

Now why don't you go post in NPR again......you know - the place you want axed. :rotflmao1:

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
Thank you for your help in making it pretty clear as to why the NPR forum needs to be removed....I'm done, you can play with yourself now:eek:

It's abundantly clear something should be removed.....but my vote as well as I think I recall from others expressed in the past goes to the guy who has repeatedly screwed people over on pool table deals.

My posts and generated discussions resulting in many more posts help provide traffic and probably some sort of support to ad revenue for this website. Unlike those who use this place mainly to hawk their wares I don't feel the need to pay to be a member. And as a matter of principle I'm not going to pay when I can be arbitrarily banned.

Lol.

:bow-down:

Reactions: KRJ

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ditto

It only took 1 NPR person taking it personal to destroy this thread.

Ironically I was going to post something to that effect as well.

The only reason I even -see- the NPR posts is because they appear in search results when I use the "New" search.

I will not comment further about them other than to restate that if this were my forum, I would have never included a section unrelated to the primary topic of the forum and if I did I would be disappointed in what it has become and for that reason delete it.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Isn't there someway to combine Facebook's marketing style with AZB's so they can complement each other instead of being competitors?

I'm an amateur at facebook, so excuse me if this is a stupid question.

Jeff Livingston

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't there someway to combine Facebook's marketing style with AZB's so they can complement each other instead of being competitors?

I'm an amateur at facebook, so excuse me if this is a stupid question.

Jeff Livingston

I myself don't see the two as competitors.

Facebook probably appeals more to people seeking a more mobile-friendly platform. I could be wrong but my impression is that most, not all, but most of the selling on the Facebook pages is centered on cues in the $500 range.

I prefer the forum format because I can quickly scan through titles of threads to find what interests me.

I'm not convinced that feedback on for sale ads is helpful because the majority of people commenting don't necessarily add anything. Comments such as, great cue, honest seller, great hit, had one and sorry I sold it, xxxxx makes a solid cue, don't tell me whether I will like the cue. I would rather go into a discussion forum to either search for info on the cuemaker, case, chalk, etc.

There is obviously room for both platforms. Some prefer one or the other. Some have no preference.

The negative comments about AZ are unfounded IMO. John Barton made a decision on his OBMarket page and members came out of the woodwork talking about the demise of OBM. It's just part of the billiards landscape I suppose.

Last edited:

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I myself don't see the two as competitors.

Facebook probably appeals more to people seeking a more mobile-friendly platform. I could be wrong but my impression is that most, not all, but most of the selling on the Facebook pages is centered on cues in the $500 range.

I prefer the forum format because I can quickly scan through titles of threads to find what interests me.

I'm not convinced that feedback on for sale ads is helpful because the majority of people commenting don't necessarily add anything. Comments such as, great cue, honest seller, great hit, had one and sorry I sold it, xxxxx makes a solid cue, don't tell me whether I will like the cue. I would rather go into a discussion forum to either search for info on the cuemaker, case, chalk, etc.

There is obviously room for both platforms. Some prefer one or the other. Some have no preference.

The negative comments about AZ are unfounded IMO. John Barton made a decision on his OBMarket page and members came out of the woodwork talking about the demise of OBM. It's just part of the billiards landscape I suppose.

John decided not to ban Roger's cases after many members piped up. I like OBM especially if you just go to the for sale part at the top. You can quickly scan through and see what you like.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the problem isnt getting rid of forums it is getting more so you can spread out the posters and keep them in the forums they belong and really want to be posting in.

and getting all of us to not take things personal so quickly and replying back and forth over and over in a thread. there is no reason a thread should go this way with personal attacks back and forth. that is the time to close it or have the mods tell those to go to another of the forums.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be wrong but all I see on a lot of the FB groups is lower end items for sale... Sure you may see some of the big item sellers hit the group from time to time but for the most part, as of now, if your into BIG$ items/cues FB has not lured the right buyer yet... AZ is the best BY FAR for mid to high end exposure...

Your not wrong now...

Some of those production cue buyers will turn into custom cue hobbyists
once they start getting educated..

A lot players started with lower end cues, and eventually the Sh17 gets out of hand!! :grin-square:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
the problem isnt getting rid of forums it is getting more so you can spread out the posters and keep them in the forums they belong and really want to be posting in.

and getting all of us to not take things personal so quickly and replying back and forth over and over in a thread. there is no reason a thread should go this way with personal attacks back and forth. that is the time to close it or have the mods tell those to go to another of the forums.

I have to respectively dissagree, the NPR forum draws a completely different group of people/posters/debaters that really have nothing to do with pool, who for whatever reason can't stand not sticking their noses in other people's business, and honestly feel they have every right to do as as AZB is open to the public. The problems this brings about is a lot of hijacked threads for argument sake, off topic discussion, insulting other members....which in turn causes other contributing members to no longer want to participate in AZB any longer. If AZB no longer has the members who START threads worthy of conversation, then all that's left is all those that really have no thoughts of their own to try and post something.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I'm not sure I understand the comparison here. Over bumping is not an issue outside of the for sale area.

How do you punish the person breaking the overbumping rules? Do we just assume that anyone posting "that looks like a nice cue" is a friend of the seller, trying to bump it for them?

Mike

What is od about all of this is everyone is buying into that the wanted for sale section has been changed because of over bumping.
So they made it where no one can reply to any of the for sale threads.

Well they sure haven't done that with any of the other AZB sections.
Normally you punish the person who is Abusing the rules and not everyone who posts in it.