How many are using FB groups to sell now instead of AZ for sale subforum?

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I could solve these problems and it cost me half of the page views in the forums, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Mike

What ever happened with this http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=382951 ? You complain about not being able to properly handle the user load, and the complaints associated with them. Why haven't you taken steps to allow the forum to be run without your watching eye? Don't trust other people around here? I'll send you a link in a pm to a website that not only is bullshit dealt with, but people who commit such offenses are put on public display for their absurdity.

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
Because I want to thoroughly discuss this before pulling the trigger on a change this significant.*Believe it or not, we actually spent a fairly serious amount of time internally discussing the wanted/for sale changes before we made them. We saw where that went.

On the other hand, I feel pretty good about implementing long bans for users who are just trying to annoy me. Wanna keep testing that?

Mike

I'm not trying to annoy you. If someone discusses or addresses me they should expect a reply. This is not unreasonable.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I'm not trying to annoy you. If someone discusses or addresses me they should expect a reply. This is not unreasonable.

ummm not really.... you are noone... you are anon.... Noone adressed you because you are nothing..you do not exist.. you are dom pooper... you are hondo... You are thaiger.... Your beliefs are of so little value even to you that you will not sign your name.... This is the issue... this is the solution... You want to post sign YOUR NAME!!! IN a POOL forum there is nothing to fear... In your world why is it different.... You get it yet?? You are like a teen with parents that let you run amok.... Sign your name and run your mouth... If you truly believe what you say? SHOULD BE No problem....

Chris Renfro
1404 northshire Lane
Knoxville, TN 37922

Step up........

Reactions: JC

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
We are all priviledged guests here

To all AZ members...Everyday life is tough anymore in this wacky world of ours....We like to do different things to unwind...We come to this wonderful forum with similar interests and to enjoy talking about whatever is on the agenda for the day..
One thing we should never ever forget is this site is free for us..It is a privilege to be here not a right....Thanks for listening...:)

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
To all AZ members...Everyday life is tough anymore in this wacky world of ours....We like to do different things to unwind...We come to this wonderful forum with similar interests and to enjoy talking about whatever is on the agenda for the day..
One thing we should never ever forget is this site is free for us..It is a privilege to be here not a right....Thanks for listening...:)

That may be the most lucid post of this whole thread... Thank you...

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
ummm not really.... you are noone... you are anon.... Noone adressed you because you are nothing..you do not exist.. you are dom pooper... you are hondo... You are thaiger.... Your beliefs are of so little value even to you that you will not sign your name.... This is the issue... this is the solution... You want to post sign YOUR NAME!!! IN a POOL forum there is nothing to fear... In your world why is it different.... You get it yet?? You are like a teen with parents that let you run amok.... Sign your name and run your mouth... If you truly believe what you say? SHOULD BE No problem....

Chris Renfro
1404 northshire Lane
Knoxville, TN 37922

Step up........

Was I talking to you? I don't think so. Yet here you are again. One would think after being exposed as you have you would fade away quietly.....and start another one of your thinly disguised far sale threads here at a later date.

LOL though......your desperation to try and save face is comical.

50627251.jpg

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Was I talking to you? I don't think so. Yet here you are again. One would think after being exposed as you have you would fade away quietly.....and start another one of your thinly disguised far sale threads here at a later date.

LOL though......your desperation to try and save face is comical.

50627251.jpg

I told you you.. UGOT the 7 in 9ball.. you got 7 points on ANY standardized IQ test or YOU got 7 steps towards the door In any building I am in... you are nada... nothing... zilch... You are a dom pooper.. You don't have the convition or belief to even stand up and SAY YOUR NAME... So I will say it for you you CHICKENSHIT... MOUTHPIECE.... WASTE OF OXYGEN... MOROOOON... Sorry but having a computer and a keyboard makes you nothing... Your character and conviction is what makes you EVERYTHING... You have none of either so... yup you are nothing or even less than that......

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
I told you you.. UGOT the 7 in 9ball.. you got 7 points on ANY standardized IQ test or YOU got 7 steps towards the door In any building I am in... you are nada... nothing... zilch... You are a dom pooper.. You don't have the convition or belief to even stand up and SAY YOUR NAME... So I will say it for you you CHICKENSHIT... MOUTHPIECE.... WASTE OF OXYGEN... MOROOOON... Sorry but having a computer and a keyboard makes you nothing... Your character and conviction is what makes you EVERYTHING... You have none of either so... yup you are nothing or even less than that......

LOL.......:speechless::killingme:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Chris, it is posts like the last couple that get threads moved to NPR.

And actually, as you mentioned, that post isn't Par for my course.

I just call them as I see them most times. In those one or two posts that you made, you weren't just relaying opinions from people and vendors that you talked with.

You were riding a High Horse that day and as I mentioned, I was a little shocked that
you thought that much of yourself as to paint the members with that broad a brush and give the dressing down that you did.

You never bothered to mention these vendors names that you were relaying the opinions of. Yet you say that UGot's opinions don't matter because he is anonymous.

Almost the same deal. These guys said this, blah blah, and I agree with them.

Everyone knows what you have for sale by now. Have some respect for the owners and the members who post in the Main. Stop clogging the Main Forum with sales ads. Take your merchandise and post it in the appropriate forum.

You can try and disguise your sales threads and tell people that you are just trying to educate them. You're still selling your merchandise.
CJ tried a thousand different ways to do the same. He was still flogging his dvds.

If everyone that has a Gold membership figured that they could do the same, consider the mess it would create.

What makes you Special.

Up to this point, I never cared what anyone does in the Main. Considering that you brought it up, you received my opinion.

This is your thread by the way, not mine. Or are you one of those posters that get mad when someone has a different opinion than yours.
Post a Thread, you own it.

Last edited:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
One of the good things about NPR is ...we value fee speech.

...and you'll find opinions you can get down with...

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=373852&highlight=suck+government+threads

While many quoted my post & their take on it I will choose this one to respond to. I clicked the link & if you go to it yourself you'll see I was the 1st poster in that thread after the OP.

I understand the value of free speech, one of our fundamental rights as Americans. I also understand as I was raised a certain way that certain subjects are polarizing and shouldn't be broached in social settings because of their polarizing nature, politics and religion being the key ones. In social settings it's inevitable with a gathering of many people you will find groups from both sides of a fence on the 2 aforementioned subjects as they are subjects people feel very strongly about which will lead to vehement arguments & rile up the herd.

I again reiterate I feel that in any forum there is a valid place for a sub forum so members can discuss their interests outside of the subject matter of the forum.

I also understand why every forum I belong to on other interests I have ban discussion on the 2 subjects I listed above, because it leads to the shenanigans that go on here in NPR. In the thread you linked the OP laments finding the 1st 10 threads about these 2 subjects when he goes to NPR. As I alluded to in my earlier post it's similar for myself with the exception that with the phone app I use to view this forum the timeline lists the most recent posts from ALL sub forums and it's depressing to come to the site & see the first 8 out of 10 threads being on these subjects, instead of anything pool related or if from NPR about actual hobbies or other interests members have. It's the same political, religious, racial stuff posted by the usual suspects. I stand by my assertion that this forum would be better off without these 2 subjects & it's not about censorship of free speech, it's about keeping a social interaction social instead of a full scale melee. While some have defended those I named in an earlier post stating one of those posters talks about his garden & posts pics of it I reply that for every innocuous thread like that he posts 20 on polarizing subjects. Several of those I named post ONLY about polarizing subjects and I have never seen them post on anything else much less the subject of this forum. I believe NPR is needed, I also believe politics and religious threads aren't. Lastly I truly believe if you remove those 2 subjects that many of those I named would never frequent this forum again as that is why they're here, not for billiards and the occasional discussion on a hobby, just for the politics. Perhaps since that is their main interest they should frequent forums where that is the subject matter as it would be better suited there and leave NPR for discussions about hobbies and other interests as it was intended to be instead of a soapbox for their political, religious & racial agenda.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
No Terry after 18000 posts I think You are invested in the forum as to who you are... I have been here going back to RSB but your 4 posts a day makes it pretty huge to your being.... I showed up late to the show so it doesn't compute..... You are on ignore because at 18000 posts less than .1% have been useful... Thats 180...

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in business long before AZB, if you think I look for work from AZB, you don't know me very well..at all;)

No Glenn, I don't know you at all. But I can read your words earlier in the thread:

realkingcobra said:
I like AZB, always have, supported it 100% to the point that I never offered my services to any other websites....and for what? Yes, I still get a lot of requests for my services because of my affiliation with AZB, but I get just as much from Facebook as well.

To me, that sounds like you are saying you get some work from being on AZB.

So why not support it by going Gold?

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I looked on vbulletin.org again for something like this and I don't see it. I am going to go into the code. It might be as simple as a couple small changes to the code that handles replies to threads.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Maybe, I just don't know, but I would kinda guess not. There is a setting for replies not bumping
threads to the top, and in this forum there allready is the "only the thread starter can reply and only
after 48 hours" thing. But exactly what I am suggesting is more then likely not just a setting.

- Thread starter cannot reply within 48 hours of his last post, regardless of whether or not there
have been replies from other users.
- Other users can reply as much as they want but this does not bump the thread to the top.
- Only posts from the thread starter bump the thread to the top.

For the heck of it I made a gig request on fiverr.com and two guys came forward and said they
could do it for peanuts. So, if you can't figure it out we are talking a couple bucks for someone
else to code it (I am assuming you would have to put in the code yourself and not give them ftp access).

gr. Dave

Last edited: