DCC Master of the Table update 2020 - Thorpe in the lead

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's really shit that we dont know what's going on. We wait all year, try to bet, and it's just shit info we have.

The worst part of all of this is 2 of us have most of the $$$ bet and we might most likely work something out before the finals. The action room has went to shit the past few years

Used to be Calcutta's etc.

That's always my biggest complaint about Derby...the lack of brackets/updates/rankings...who has but in left, who doesn't.

I'm not sure if it's done on purpose to be vague so nothing seems official to parties setup might not like the gambling.

I don't know. It just seems that if they wanted to they could have a Mike Howerton or 2 walking around with a tablet, updating scores and brackets and lists.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's always my biggest complaint about Derby...the lack of brackets/updates/rankings...who has but in left, who doesn't.

I'm not sure if it's done on purpose to be vague so nothing seems official to parties setup might not like the gambling.

I don't know. It just seems that if they wanted to they could have a Mike Howerton or 2 walking around with a tablet, updating scores and brackets and lists.
Do they report final match scores? I thought they just reported win/loss.

The right way in my view if they really want the info available is to hire Cuescore and have a tablet at every table and live scores online. That would cost money. It would also help with scheduling.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just the math watching matches. With Evan losing in the last round, Dennis is the only who can catch Billy. If Orcullo gets third or better he wins, if not it goes to Thorpe.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I just the math watching matches. With Evan losing in the last round, Dennis is the only who can catch Billy. If Orcullo gets third or better he wins, if not it goes to Thorpe.

I think that's right. Dennis also has one loss I think.

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
FWIW the master of the table leader board keeps a pretty good live list of who is left in the event.

It doesn’t tell who has their rebuy left unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Orcullo beat Aranas, who had a bye back left. This put Dennis above Billy for MOT. Imagine that.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Master of the Table should be reserved until someone wins Banks, 1 Pocket and 9 Ball in the same year. The purse rolls over until it happens. Imagine the payout! That would be crazy!

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Master of the Table should be reserved until someone wins Banks, 1 Pocket and 9 Ball in the same year. The purse rolls over until it happens. Imagine the payout! That would be crazy!

That has never happened.
In fact, going all the way back to 1999, nobody has ever won the first two events, Banks and One-Pocket.
In 2012, at the Southern Classic in Tunica, Justin Hall won the Banks, the 1-Pocket, and went into the 9-Ball with a chance to make history, but he did not win that event.
He won Master of the Table, anyway.
That same year, Shane won two out of three events (9-Ball and One-Pocket) at the Derby, plus Master of the Table.
Of course, Alex has won all three major events at Derby but not in the same year.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That has never happened.
In fact, going all the way back to 1999, nobody has ever won the first two events, Banks and One-Pocket.
In 2012, at the Southern Classic in Tunica, Justin Hall won the Banks, the 1-Pocket, and went into the 9-Ball with a chance to make history, but he did not win that event.
That same year, Shane won two out of three events (9-Ball and One-Pocket) at the Derby, plus Master of the Table.
Of course, Alex has won all three major events at Derby but not in the same year.

Efren won two in the same year as well. I think it would be exciting. Imagine the pot building to over $1mm and someone snapping it off? The financial incentive would make the trifecta very worthwhile and I think someone would do it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Then you'd see more dumping.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That has never happened.

Here's a post showing how all of the DCC MOT winners placed in each of the 3 main points events: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6324395&postcount=68