Orcollo's cue..??

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I think Mark Wilson said that he got the cue the day before the Derby started during one of the early streams. It looked to be a carbon shaft in color, not sure of the make though.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll tell you exactly whats the cue.

These days he's been playing with Roy's cue, he said that its the best shooting cue he ever shot with, which is a predator P2k or something like that, with a Z Shaft, this is the cue that he plays nine ball with, even in the derby city he plays rotation with that cue.

However, in the 1pocket and banks he played with completely different cue, he said to Roy's and this is exactly what Roy told me, that the Z shaft doesn't bank very well, and in order to play 1pocket you need to make good banks. For this he borrowed a cuetec CF and cuetec butt from a friend, and this is what he played the 1pocket and banks during the derby city, but then when he went back to nine ball tournament, he played with Roy's predator cue, and Z shaft.

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Dennis shooting with two different cues within the same 9 ball match. No idea what either one was but at one point he changed cues when he came back to the table. It might have even been during the same game. Perhaps he was using the Cuetec CF for a bank shot or something.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll tell you exactly whats the cue.

These days he's been playing with Roy's cue, he said that its the best shooting cue he ever shot with, which is a predator P2k or something like that, with a Z Shaft, this is the cue that he plays nine ball with, even in the derby city he plays rotation with that cue.

However, in the 1pocket and banks he played with completely different cue, he said to Roy's and this is exactly what Roy told me, that the Z shaft doesn't bank very well, and in order to play 1pocket you need to make good banks. For this he borrowed a cuetec CF and cuetec butt from a friend, and this is what he played the 1pocket and banks during the derby city, but then when he went back to nine ball tournament, he played with Roy's predator cue, and Z shaft.

How does a shaft affect banking?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. Glad to see he finally ditched that lipstick tube power piston pos.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you play at that level...you can tell the difference in action, reaction, playability between different pieces of equipment better than us mere mortals. I've seen Efren, Alex, and Grady switch cues in a match to great success.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never seen better pool than when Orcollo took the cash from Frost in one pocket. Whatever cue he was using in that match was working.

I wonder why he switched.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
When you play at that level...you can tell the difference in action, reaction, playability between different pieces of equipment better than us mere mortals. I've seen Efren, Alex, and Grady switch cues in a match to great success.

Then they switch again, and then again. It's likely something that changes continually based on their current performance, like a golfer who wears a different hat one day and ends up playing the greatest round of his life. You can bet he'll wear that hat next time. And if the round isn't great, he'll change back to his old hat or try something else. It's all in the mind.

Of course, different cues hit different as far as feel and cb action, but top pros can use any cue at any time and play champion level pool. What seems to work best at the moment is what they stick with until something else seems to feel or work better.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then they switch again, and then again. It's likely something that changes continually based on their current performance, like a golfer who wears a different hat one day and ends up playing the greatest round of his life. You can bet he'll wear that hat next time. And if the round isn't great, he'll change back to his old hat or try something else. It's all in the mind.

Of course, different cues hit different as far as feel and cb action, but top pros can use any cue at any time and play champion level pool. What seems to work best at the moment is what they stick with until something else seems to feel or work better.
The top guys will play with whatever someone endorses them to use. You think Earl really liked that pos Cuetec?? For these guys the butt is nothing but a shaft holder. Bustamante has used Schon shafts on his Bear/Falcons for years.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does a shaft affect banking?

The stiffer the hit, the better for banking in general.

There are a couple of speciality banks that are easier with a very whippy shaft.

Nobody mentioned the tip. To soft of a tip and you end up feeling over worked in bank pool.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never seen better pool than when Orcollo took the cash from Frost in one pocket. Whatever cue he was using in that match was working.

I wonder why he switched.

That was a power piston Meucci, he switched cause bob didn’t give him enough money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The top guys will play with whatever someone endorses them to use. You think Earl really liked that pos Cuetec?? For these guys the butt is nothing but a shaft holder. Bustamante has used Schon shafts on his Bear/Falcons for years.

SW did not pay Dennis to play with a SW for a long time.
The Ko brothers are not paid by SW either .
Efren did not get paid by Judd. He was provided cues but could have signed with Predator or Falcon.
Alex still has his Schon and pulls it out occasionally.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Mark Wilson said that he got the cue the day before the Derby started during one of the early streams. It looked to be a carbon shaft in color, not sure of the make though.

It was actually one of the guest streamers that came on and said it was a pred throne cue with a Cuetec synergy shaft. Can’t remember the streamers name but he did say it was his cue that he loaned to DO. So there’s that.

As some one else said he was using another pred cue which I think was a blak model that had a Z shaft on it for 9 ball. Might have been a 3rd gen z shaft.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a power piston Meucci, he switched cause bob didn’t give him enough money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Seems like the cash he and his backers got from Frost should have been enough.

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was playing with a Doug Beasley Cue out of NC. Caught him wearing the patch at the American 14.1 Championship at Qmasters. Roy also gave Doug B a shout out a couple times after Dennis won a few tournaments recently.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question

Thanks guys. Glad to see he finally ditched that lipstick tube power piston pos.

Just trying to learn. Why would you speak bad of a cue like that one. I have saw it, and watched Dennis play at music city few weeks ago. Thx

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I’ve got one of Dennis’ shafts I’ll trade for two things, a $100 bill and a $20 bill if anyone wants to play MOT speed :thumbup: