What Table to Purchase?

Kaptivative

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are all kinds of manufacturers out there producing great equipment. Which table is the best ( diamond, brunswick gold crown, olhausen, etc.) and why?

matteroner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are all kinds of manufacturers out there producing great equipment. Which table is the best ( diamond, brunswick gold crown, olhausen, etc.) and why?

I don't think all are producing "great equipment"

diamond is the way to go, any gold crown you buy will have to be modified to play as good as a diamond. Olhausen is not even in the same class.

why? because Diamond has a one piece slate, multi-point leveling system, the best rubber, best rail specs.

Kaptivative

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think all are producing "great equipment"

diamond is the way to go, any gold crown you buy will have to be modified to play as good as a diamond. Olhausen is not even in the same class.

why? because Diamond has a one piece slate, multi-point leveling system, the best rubber, best rail specs.

Thanks for the reply!

Would you consider the gold crown with tournament specs as good as a diamond (without any additional modifications)?

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
Rev.,

You a diamond fan too? Are they the be all to end all?

I think so. From a mechanic standpoint, there is nothing on those tables that will wear out enough to make the table inoperable. They are a 100+ year table. The one piece slate is also the best thing going as far as getting the table level and keeping it level with the leveling system.

There is a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to working on these tables, but once you have done enough, you don't want to work on anything else.

Kaptivative

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think so. From a mechanic standpoint, there is nothing on those tables that will wear out enough to make the table inoperable. They are a 100+ year table. The one piece slate is also the best thing going as far as getting the table level and keeping it level with the leveling system.

There is a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to working on these tables, but once you have done enough, you don't want to work on anything else.

Thanks Zach!