How to deal with frustration of not having a table at home

mickael57280

Registered
Hi, I'm curious to know how do you deal with the situation of not having the money or the place at home to have a table.

After some years do you get tired of always going to the pool hall to practice?

And for those in that situation how much do you get the pool hall?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I'm curious to know how do you deal with the situation of not having the money or the place at home to have a table.

After some years do you get tired of always going to the pool hall to practice?

And for those in that situation how much do you get the pool hall?

I have a table at home but 90% of my playing is in pool halls. For some reason I am more comfortable in a pool room among the other players and tables and people I know rather than just shooting balls in alone at home. When things were open I would play out 3-4 times a week and would be at my home table maybe once a month. We only got a table a few years ago mostly for my son, so for about 25 of my 30 years playing I did not have a home table, have to say I did not have a strong urge to have one, I was OK with just going to play. This may also depend on the area you are in. For me I had 3 pool halls within a 20 minute drive for much of my early playing days, like 6 within 45 minutes. Even now I have at most an hour to drive to reach 4-5 places with 9 or 8 footers. I'm sure for those with only crappy bar tables they can get to having a home table is more of a dream than for those near an actually nice pool hall.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
as i see it you have 3 options
1 get a life
or
2buy a table

or
3 get over the frustration ,isn't that kinda silly

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
A table at home is no help when there's nobody here to play with. I find playing against myself or doing practice drills to be miserably boring......so instead I just go outside and enjoy the spring weather.