Moori Tips

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
For those of you that don't like mooris quality and prices anymore have you tried wizard? I had a box of medium and was very happy with how they played. And the price is a lot better than moori. Are there any wizard dealers on az. The last person I bought them from has them but I try not to buy much from him if I can help it.

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All,
I hear all of your concerns.
a major mistake Mr. Moori may have overlooked was the declining value of the USD to YEN. Now he is suffering bad. And now had to increase pricing.

Please don't shoot the messenger. The link below shows the value of the USD to the Yen.. not good.

http://www.forexblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/USD-JPY-2010-2011.jpg

We have to watch the global economy as we are a global business now. When I was in Japan back in October, pricing was a big meeting topic we had over there, I see the light and understand this hard decision we have to make. Or factory has 6 families to feed... Not including me as I am independent from the factory. I feel responsible to them as they work very hard to make the best product on the market, I can always find another job if I need to.
I can be here for hours telling you how the wheel goes around... I would like to make it simple, trust in Kamui, we stand behind our product 100% I am trying my best to grow the market and bring you more customers so you guys can sell more custom cues.
Cue makers and repair shops are the foundation of our industry and I will not turn my back on you guys I will work harder to grow the demand for Kamui so you have a consistent flow of customers coming through your doors. Tips are not the only products we offer.
Like I said, don't kill the messenger. I care, so that is why I said something.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not going to raise the price on Moori tips until I see what my supplier does with the next large order. But I will immediately put in place a 5 Tip per hardness limit. The only exception will be on the Quick tips as I have more of them. You can order up to 10 Quick/Hard, 5 Medium and 5 Slow/Soft.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not going to raise the price on Moori tips until I see what my supplier does with the next large order. But I will immediately put in place a 5 Tip per hardness limit. The only acception will be on the Quick tips as I have more of them. You can order up to 10 Quick/Hard, 5 Medium and 5 Slow/Soft.

That's a great thing Chris. You care a lot more about your customers than Atlas does, that's for sure.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I recently placed an large order for Kamui Tips, they will be the Black with the new print format and I supect I can sell them for around $13 per tip or less. If my first order go's as planned I will be getting at least 100 per month from my source. They will come in Soft - Medium - Hard, I will post the price on the forum toward the end of the month. I am also in the process of opening up a direct pipe line for Moori Tips, again if things go well I will be able to offer a deal on them also on a regular basis.

Craig

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 5 Moori III Mediums that have been here for some years. Have not had an order for a Moori since I moved to Eastern WA. 5 tip for $55.00 delivered.

Bob Danielson
www.bdcuesandcomix.com

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Cue makers and repair shops are the foundation of our industry and I will not turn my back on you guys

What a load of crap. Is that why you turned your back on me when I came up with a good idea for my area?

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do we need to go around in circles about this again?

You live in CANADA, I do not sell to Canada. You have 3 distributors in CANADA.

Besides, let your buddy Joe Barringer know he has helped the Kamui brand become big with his fictional story telling. And I love your 2cents worth in that too.

What a load of crap. Is that why you turned your back on me when I came up with a good idea for my area?

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Glad you liked it. I have no problems dealing with Joe.

I have no problem installing Black King tips to many of my customers.
Robert has no problems selling to Canadians.

If you like my 2 cents, then you'll love my Kamui chalk review coming soon.
I believe that I will include words like Hype and Gimmick.

Last edited:

d9075

Registered
moori tips

reminds me of my pool leugue lol all the bicqering i thought pool was for fun why do yas say kamuis are hi i buy for around 13 and mooris 8.50 and im not a dealer new to az and pool repair

danutz

Banned
I promote traingle's :) They play just as good or better than them overpriced laminates, and they don't have a glue line that could potentionally cause a miscue. I got a word for people that fall for all the B.S. hype chalk, and tips.....Suckers:) Here's another. Fish:) Lol, if i see Kamui chalk on their table, They're definately getting asked to play some:)
Nothing makes my day more than torturing someone that plays with a foreign cue, and foreign tips, etc., with my home made custom, and 50cent triangle:)

Triangle's rock! Kamui's, and moori's can suck my.....:p

TheJCat54

Registered
As I have heard from only one source. That it is known that Mr. Moori has been very sick and in a hospital for some time. The company is also for sale.

I can not verify this but my source has told me that it is true. Don't bash me for passing along some piece of info that may or may not be true. However it does make perfect scene.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As I have heard from only one source. That it is known that Mr. Moori has been very sick and in a hospital for some time. The company is also for sale.

I can not verify this but my source has told me that it is true. Don't bash me for passing along some piece of info that may or may not be true. However it does make perfect scene.
I have not heard that and my order from Japan is now confirmed with no current price increase on the tips they have in stock. The rest of my order may see a price increase. If so I will have to raise my prices. I have had about a $1.50 per tip price increase on Moori tips that I have paid over the past few years, yet I kept my prices the same. The price on Moori tips is really too low, but I have kept the price what it is because I have very little labor in sending them out and others were selling for similar prices. The price really needs to go up about $2 per tip, but a $5 increase seems high, unless Atlas knows something I do not. I personally think the price on Kamui tips is about right. For the life of me I never understood why I was skipped over as a distributor for Kamui. I have been one of the main three suppliers of cue making supplies and one of the three main cue machinery makers for at least 15 years before Kamui was started.

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I have not heard that and my order from Japan is now confirmed with no current price increase on the tips they have in stock. The rest of my order may see a price increase. If so I will have to raise my prices. I have had about a $1.50 per tip price increase on Moori tips that I have paid over the past few years, yet I kept my prices the same. The price on Moori tips is really too low, but I have kept the price what it is because I have very little labor in sending them out and others were selling for similar prices. The price really needs to go up about $2 per tip, but a $5 increase seems high, unless Atlas knows something I do not. I personally think the price on Kamui tips is about right. For the life of me I never understood why I was skipped over as a distributor for Kamui. I have been one of the main three suppliers of cue making supplies and one of the three main cue machinery makers for at least 15 years before Kamui was started.

As far as I'm concerned Chris, its kamuis loss. You should have been the first one asked.

Joe

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dick,
It is what it is.
If you think is a robbery don't buy the tips.
Are you saying that you are not making any money by installing them?
If you installed them at $35.00 a tip that's almost a 5K profit. Sorry, I am not counting the blades price or glue (probably around 4K profit and together with those installs I am sure you sold and got a few more orders on custom cues.
I know what the process is to manufacture the chalk and believe it or not, the profit is very, very low.
I know the price of your cues are very affordable, but if somebody says they are too expensive what are you going to say?
You will not lower the price of your cues just because the customer said it was very cheap or very expensive, are you?
Are you saying we now have to dictate how much a tip might cost? A Porsche, a Ford, a Ridgid router? Really???
Not defending Kamui or any other brand but if you do not like them, don't buy them, that simple.
In another hand I do think that the Kamui tips are the best layered tip in the market, bar none.
Your speech almost looks like Joe Beringers rant on Kamui tips...
Something you might forgot, Kamui does not sell the tips directly to players only to cuemakers and repairmen. Is that a bad thing? That's driving business to your shop...

If you are not defending their prices just exactly what are you doing? Yes, I've made a lot of money by screwing over players who purchase them but I've been trying my best to turn people off of them. I tell people that they are greatly over priced but if that's what they want then I'll accommodate them. As far as the chalk goes, if my calculations are correct they are selling the chalk at 1665.00 a pound. Just what type of material are they using, Uranium?

There are others who sell the kamuis. I used to get them for around 3.00 cheaper than John but he made sure that they had to raise their price or lose the availability of acquiring them. Yeh, that's really looking out for the mechanic and players.

Dick

Dick

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You live in CANADA, I do not sell to Canada. You have 3 distributors in CANADA.

You don't to Canadians but many of your distributors will.
The part that I find funny is that you will never find out the Dealers that will.

I will avoid Kamui tips at all cost and won't pay Canadian dealer prices for them if I did.

The main reason I avoid them is because of the US distributor.

OK, I did buy a piece of chalk as I wanted to see what all the hype was about. So far I can play one game of 8 ball on one chalking. I can take 3 to 4 shots on one chalking with a piece of Blue Diamond or Pre Flag Master chalk too.

It is kind of cool to fool around with but I don't think its 25 dollar cool.

I let quite a few players try it, only after cleaning the old chalk off and scuffing their tip.

Most of them felt that they were losing cue ball control toward the end of the game.

Which is one heck of a great reason to chalk after every shot.