R.I.P. Mickey Scott formerly of D&D Family Billiards

jkblbsl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is with great sadness that I must let you all know that Mickey Scott, retired owner of D& D Family Billiards (first in Downingtown and then Thorndale PA), passed away early Friday morning Nov. 28.

A Memorial service will be held on Friday, December 12th at 1:00pm at:
Leibensperger Funeral Homes
223 Peach St, Leesport, PA 19533

This will be followed by a burial service at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, East Hanover, PA 17003

Memorial donations may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project. (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/)

Mickey (left) was an ardent supporter of pool and ran a world class 14.1 event for years with the help of his friend Pete Sinkler (standing on right). Those of you that had a chance to play in his room know that he ran a real players room.

Sincere condolences are extended to his sons Dan and Dustin, and their families.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have my condolence sir. Any one involved as player or in the billiard industry is a champion in my eyes!

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Very sorry to hear that. Mickey's posts in the room owners section are the first that I remember following after joining AZ. His struggles and his determination to stay the course and maintain a high quality, traditional pool room to the end made an impression on me. RIP Highrun55.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
super sad news! pete sinkler held a junior tournament there for years great great people. My condolences.

kd
Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is terrible news. Mickey was a longtime friend of mine, and I did lessons in his rooms for years. He always made me feel welcome, and was thrilled to have his customers get quality instruction in his own room. I tried to go see him every time I was in the Valley Forge area! RIP Mickey! You were a GREAT room owner! :sorry:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Very sad news. I only knew Mickey through phone conversations - speaking with him several times over the years about the game - about tournaments - and about the joys of room ownership. Mickey was BIG supporter of the game of pool - especially the game of straight pool. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of his family and friends. Rest in peace.

jkblbsl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is an image from Pete and Mickey's last 14.1 event in Downingtown in 2007.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great picture! Is that you on the right? I remember meeting you when I was giving lessons at Mickey's rooms. It's just not right that people like Mickey, who not only knew how to run a great poolroom, treated his customers like kings and queens, and went out of his way to promote pool with a positive image...FOR YEARS...just still was literally driven out of business (for lack of a better description). I can't help but think that having to shut down a room you've had for years, doesn't affect your whole being, including your physical health. God Bless Mickey Scott. We need more room owners like him...people who cared about the sport! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Here is an image from Pete and Mickey's last 14.1 event in Downingtown in 2007.