A family of drills based on running racks

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice video describing the system and I liked the sprinkles of shot commentary (and a bonus miscue!)

(Unrelated question.... what are the donuts on the rail for? The one on top of the pocket facing caught my eye)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I’m spotting everything that goes down. (foot, head, center for 1, 2, 3 balls down etc) ...
An alternative, which is what I suggest in the Billiards Digest articles, is to return them to the table wherever you please. That should make things both harder (more balls) and easier (helpers in good places) and is intended to make you think about problems on the table and how to solve them.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you able to post a video online? It would be interesting to see what is causing you the most difficulty. Maybe you could film 3-5 attempts of both Level 6 and Level 7? If you do, we might be able to offer helpful advice.

If you want help with CB control, see the videos and info here:
CB Control Tutorial

And if you want help with speed control, see the video and info here:
speed control advice

That might help.

Regards,
Dave

I’ll try to record my session later this week when I’ve got time at the table though it’s embarrassing.

I’m going to follow the directions explicitly. Doing three racks at each level, not spotting balls. I believe that’s better after all!

One thing I discovered I was doing incorrectly was taking BiH after a miss during level 5 rather than ending the rack. Makes more sense to take BiH before you mess up...

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Excellent work as ever
I like how what seemed to be an idea
While thinking aloud by one person
Turned into a complete-with video-
Exam by another person

Lots of good ideas, someday maybe
Five months later- no pool
Thanks for the comments. Let us know if you have any more feedback after you get to try out RDS.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice video describing the system and I liked the sprinkles of shot commentary
Thanks.

(and a bonus miscue!)
i didn't need reminding. That shot is still haunting me. Actually, the memory of it is reminding me to stay relaxed on every draw shot I hit now.

(Unrelated question.... what are the donuts on the rail for? The one on top of the pocket facing caught my eye)
Those are for various teaching purposes when I work with students on CB control and vision center alignment.

Regards,
Dave

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m a little late in seeing this thread, but I like this idea a lot! I just read some of the thread and watched the video you made, Dave. Looks to be right up my alley. I get bored with static shots, but feel like I’m not really focusing like I should when I just hit balls. This is a good in between, and I’ll definitely add it to my practice.

Thanks for the thread, Bob! And thanks for the vid, Dave!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m a little late in seeing this thread, but I like this idea a lot! I just read some of the thread and watched the video you made, Dave. Looks to be right up my alley. I get bored with static shots, but feel like I’m not really focusing like I should when I just hit balls. This is a good in between, and I’ll definitely add it to my practice.

Thanks for the thread, Bob! And thanks for the vid, Dave!
You're welcome. Thanks for the comments, and have fun with RDS.

Regards,
Dave