Danny Smith???

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't seen any mention of Danny Smith in a long time. Great player and all around nice guy. Any news if he is still playing?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
He was at the Derby City Classic in January 2020, which was the last significant tournament in America.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He gave me my order at the drive thru window at McDonald's the other day. He didn't think I would recognize him with the mask on, but I did. :cool:

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seen Efren play countless hours of one pocket, Scott, Alex, and Tony too. That 8 ahead match between him and Chip that barely lasted 2 hours was single handedly the most amazing display of one pocket I have ever witnessed. Also that same weekend he bbq'd joey grey with a big spot, dusted off jj in banks for 10k, and then finished by beating jhall 50 ahead by the rail banks. Danny is an absolute beast when he is focused and positive.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Haven't seen any mention of Danny Smith in a long time. Great player and all around nice guy. Any news if he is still playing?

i believe he was the house PRO at Buffalo's down in La for some time which is, last i heard, a role being filled by Chohan

i imagine lots of guy are scufflin, the pool scene, by n large, has gone from bad to worse

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i believe he was the house PRO at Buffalo's down in La for some time which is, last i heard, a role being filled by Chohan

i imagine lots of guy are scufflin, the pool scene, by n large, has gone from bad to worse

Yep. Booty bars are closed lots of places too.. a lot of those girls are moving into Camwork:eek:

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member

My teammate beat the crap out of him in Derby 9-1 I think was the final score. Danny is a great player, my friend just got lucky. I wish it was on video.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My teammate beat the crap out of him in Derby 9-1 I think was the final score. Danny is a great player, my friend just got lucky. I wish it was on video.

Hahaha! I bet! Even the best players can't do much in the chair:grin:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

This is part of what make the Derby great. With a field size of over 400, every year, a few unknown but competent amateurs score some upsets over the elite.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
This is part of what make the Derby great. With a field size of over 400, every year, a few unknown but competent amateurs score some upsets over the elite.

I hope to be a spoiler one day. :) That is if we ever get to play again.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope to be a spoiler one day. :) That is if we ever get to play again.

Indeed!! Be ready if you have access to a table. Some will be rusty and others dying to play when the rooms open..hopefully sooner than we think!