Moori Tips

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

Anyone have a good source for a quantity of 14mm Medium Moori tips that they would be willing to pm me?

I noticed Atlas raised their prices on tips they do not have!

Thank you.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You weren't kidding when you said they raised there prices!!!:angry:

It's possible they haven't started production or are way behind production from the earth quake and tsusami they went through. All of my normal supply people are out and have been out for some time. The law of supply and demand is hard to get around.

Dick

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi,

I am a huge Moori fan 100%. But a lot of people are asking for higher priced Kaumi med now. If I were Moori tip company I would reducce my price a small percent. Moori has to be losing a big market share to Kaumi over the last few years. Price is a big factor concerning commodity sales.

This is true unless both tip brands are owned by the same source?

I for one just started charging 5.00 more for these two brands.

Rick

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I am a huge Moori fan 100%. But a lot of people are asking for higher priced Kaumi med now. If I were Moori tip company I would reducce my price a small percent. Moori has to be losing a big market share to Kaumi over the last few years. Price is a big factor concerning commodity sales.

This is true unless both tip brands are owned by the same source?

I for one just started charging 5.00 more for these two brands.

Rick

Kamui found the right recipe for success. Most Americans are rather spoiled and want the best if they can afford it what-so-ever. Kamui did just that. They made their tips outlandishly expensive and everyone equates highest price=best. The same with their chalk, 350 times more expensive than Master's or National. I, myself, don't like Moori's and haven't for about 15 years now so I never have really pushed them but I used to put on around 75 a year. I will say that Kamui's have definitely taken over Moori's hold on the high end tip market here in Cinti. however. Last year I put on no more than 5 Moori's and I've put on around 175-200 Kamui's. I hate putting them on also, not because of the quality of the tip but because of the attitude and pricing of the distributor. I've been told by a knowledgeable source that the USA pays more for Kamui's than any where else in the world. Profit is not a dirty word but robbery is.

Dick

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Kamui found the right recipe for success. Most Americans are rather spoiled and want the best if they can afford it what-so-ever. Kamui did just that. They made their tips outlandishly expensive and everyone equates highest price=best. The same with their chalk, 350 times more expensive than Master's or National. I, myself, don't like Moori's and haven't for about 15 years now so I never have really pushed them but I used to put on around 75 a year. I will say that Kamui's have definitely taken over Moori's hold on the high end tip market here in Cinti. however. Last year I put on no more than 5 Moori's and I've put on around 175-200 Kamui's. I hate putting them on also, not because of the quality of the tip but because of the attitude and pricing of the distributor. I've been told by a knowledgeable source that the USA pays more for Kamui's than any where else in the world. Profit is not a dirty word but robbery is.

Dick

Dick,

I agree with your thoughts here. I hope you are getting a deal for buying so many of them. I would say the Morri tips I put on have gone down directly proportional to the number of Kamui's I now do.

I still prefer the Moori Quick on my carom cue.

Rick

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you know what the Atlas quantity Moori tip price is since it just gives retail on their site? No need to post the price. PM price if you like.
I came across almost an entire can of pre-vacuum packaged Quick Moori 3 the other day. Any one interested in some of them PM me. Some claim the quality went down when the production went up. These are a few years old, but kept stored in cool dry place.
Now I understand why I have been selling so many Moori tips the past few weeks. I have to limit people to 10 of each hardness right now. That may go to 5 of each hardness if supplier does not come through.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you know what the Atlas quantity Moori tip price is since it just gives retail on their site? No need to post the price. PM price if you like.
I came across almost an entire can of pre-vacuum packaged Quick Moori 3 the other day. Any one interested in some of them PM me. Some claim the quality went down when the production went up. These are a few years old, but kept stored in cool dry place.
Now I understand why I have been selling so many Moori tips the past few weeks. I have to limit people to 10 of each hardness right now. That may go to 5 of each hardness if supplier does not come through.

If those were 1st or 2nd generations, That would almost bring a tears to your eyes on what they'd be worth. thirds were pretty good too.:grin:

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member

Dick

Dick,
It is what it is.
If you think is a robbery don't buy the tips.
Are you saying that you are not making any money by installing them?
If you installed them at $35.00 a tip that's almost a 5K profit. Sorry, I am not counting the blades price or glue (probably around 4K profit and together with those installs I am sure you sold and got a few more orders on custom cues.
I know what the process is to manufacture the chalk and believe it or not, the profit is very, very low.
I know the price of your cues are very affordable, but if somebody says they are too expensive what are you going to say?
You will not lower the price of your cues just because the customer said it was very cheap or very expensive, are you?
Are you saying we now have to dictate how much a tip might cost? A Porsche, a Ford, a Ridgid router? Really???
Not defending Kamui or any other brand but if you do not like them, don't buy them, that simple.
In another hand I do think that the Kamui tips are the best layered tip in the market, bar none.
Your speech almost looks like Joe Beringers rant on Kamui tips...
Something you might forgot, Kamui does not sell the tips directly to players only to cuemakers and repairmen. Is that a bad thing? That's driving business to your shop...

Last edited:

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Dick,
It is what it is.
If you think is a robbery don't buy the tips.
Are you saying that you are not making any money by installing them?
If you installed them at $35.00 a tip that's almost a 5K profit. Sorry, I am not counting the blades price or glue (probably around 4K profit and together with those installs I am sure you sold and got a few more orders on custom cues.
I know what the process is to manufacture the chalk and believe it or not, the profit is very, very low.
I know the price of your cues are very affordable, but if somebody says they are too expensive what are you going to say?
You will not lower the price of your cues just because the customer said it was very cheap or very expensive, are you?
Are you saying we now have to dictate how much a tip might cost? A Porsche, a Ford, a Ridgid router? Really???
Not defending Kamui or any other brand but if you do not like them, don't buy them, that simple.
In another hand I do think that the Kamui tips are the best layered tip in the market, bar none.
Your speech almost looks like Joe Beringers rant on Kamui tips...
Something you might forgot, Kamui does not sell the tips directly to players only to cuemakers and repairmen. Is that a bad thing? That's driving business to your shop...

I think you missed his point completely. I read his entire post again, and there isn't one sentence in there that made me think he wasn't making money on them. He is right on the money about people wanting the most expensive tips because they think they are the best. If the distributors are assholes, I sure wouldn't want to deal with them either.

Joe

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
I think you missed his point completely. I read his entire post again, and there isn't one sentence in there that made me think he wasn't making money on them. He is right on the money about people wanting the most expensive tips because they think they are the best. If the distributors are assholes, I sure wouldn't want to deal with them either.

Joe

No I did not miss the point Joe. People complain about Kamui prices are too high... Well, don't buy it then, that simple.
Also, John is a gentleman. I have known John for a long time and just because he does not lower the price of the tips to me has a distributor I am not going to call him names. What people get upset about is that all the leather tip manufacturers lower their prices bellow wholesale and Kamui does not. Is that a bad thing? No.
Am I going to lower the price of my cues just because John Doe has them for $100 with 2 shafts? No. That lowers your brand value, and then you will never be able to bring your prices up again, never.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, John is a gentleman.

Your right John is a Gentleman. Back to moori's,

There is a shortage, No doubt.
They have had a major price increase, Don't know about you but I'm pissed about it, actually I'm more insulted after supporting the tip for so long, especially about how they play now compared to how great they were before.

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
Your right John is a Gentleman. Back to moori's,

There is a shortage, No doubt.
They have had a major price increase, Don't know about you but I'm pissed about it, actually I'm more insulted after supporting the tip for so long, especially about how they play now compared to how great they were before.

I could not agree more with you Mr. Webb. I do also like Mooris but it is so hard to find good Mooris. Competition is healthy to everybody and after Mooris being around for so long, it's bad that they just gave up :(