The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs T-Rex Tony Chohan HUGE Action Match Nov. 15-18th

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyway I'll take Big T , I'ma stick with American player on this one sir ! What do you wanna bet ? And I'm gonna be there if you wanna come play me some to try and get your cash back !lol

I only lost 2.5K the last time I bet against Alex. :grin:
And I won over 3K betting on the last match Tony had (with Dennis).
So I'm about even betting on and against these two guys.

I would love to go to this match, but that ain't gonna happen. Right now I'm sweating my wife's Green Card and we need to stay close to home.

I'll let you know as it gets closer what I want to do on this match. P.S. I can't play a lick any more. My One Pocket game is in the toilet and I'm too proud to ask for a spot. If we ever meet up I might try you some dollar a game short rack Banks, just for grins.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you guys need some support, I will take half of both sides @ $.50/ea.

Let me know.

I would love to go to this match, but that ain't gonna happen. Right now I'm sweating my wife's Green Card and we need to stay close to home.

I'll let you know as it gets closer what I want to do on this match. P.S. I can't play a lick any more. My One Pocket game is in the toilet and I'm too proud to ask for a spot. If we ever meet up I might try you some dollar a game short rack Banks, just for grins.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
November 15th, 2018

buffs 65.jpg

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tony Chohan and Dennis Orcollo did post 50K a side in two long one pocket races.
Chohan took the cash at California Billiards 40-38 after opening up a sizable lead early.
Orcollo got it done in the rematch held in New York? South Carolina? by a score of 40-33.

I would never bet against Pagulyan.

I like Chohan playing at California Billiards.
Or Detroit.
But even then………not against Pagulyan.
Tonys backers should have insisted that if they play Alex even - they match up in Fremont.
Expensive mistake.
I like the Lion here. $$$$$$$$$$

Eddie

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The Lion vs T-Rex November 15th, 2018

Two one pocket hall of famers Double J Jeremy Jones and Dr Bill Pittsburgh Billy Incardona confirmed doing commentary.

This is at the top of the food chain for One Pocket lovers

BUFSS 23.jpg

Open 24-7-365 Action Capital of the USA Buffalos Billiards
5029 Bloomfield St, New Orleans, LA 70121
Phone: (504) 835-0173

buffs building.jpg

website-logo.png

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Two one pocket hall of famers Double J Jeremy Jones and Dr Bill Pittsburgh Billy Incardona confirmed doing commentary.​

Out of curiosity, the "Dr" title is a fitting nickname because of his perceived Doctorate of Pool-ology pool education, and not because he actually has a real Doctorate in something, correct? Or does he hold an actual Doctorate diploma? Always wondered.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Out of curiosity, the "Dr" title is a fitting nickname because of his perceived Doctorate of Pool-ology pool education, and not because he actually has a real Doctorate in something, correct? Or does he hold an actual Doctorate diploma? Always wondered.

The ONLY one deserving a "doctorate" in 1 pocket commentary is JJ. I have no idea where this other NONSENSE came from.

Perhaps they meant an old timers degree, the past is always brighter than the actual picture.
Jason

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like the format for this match, more than the long single races we've been seeing lately. It's kind of reminiscent of Ronnie Allen's big One Pocket match with Danny Diliberto thirty years ago in Phoenix. They played three out of five sets, each set a race to five. That match went down to the final set and it took just over ten hours of playing time to complete (held over three days). That was a classic match with 20K on the line and the forerunner for all the big One Pocket challenge matches we are seeing today.

I'd like to see this match go the full five sets and it may well do that. Alex has been his usual dominant self the last few months, but Tony seems to thrive on these long big dollar matches. This is a lot different than playing one race to five to win a tournament. This will be an endurance contest, both mentally and physically. I have an idea on how this one might play out but I will save that for the Action Room.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buffalo's is without a doubt one of the very best ACTION pool rooms in the country.It has to be on anybody's bucket list for pool rooms to visit.

Open 24-7-365 Adult beverages served 24-7 and has wide open legal gambling that you only see in the Big Easy.

Reserve your VIP package now! $120 Limited to 56. Call 254-379-2569

Package includes
A. Preferred seating
B. Autographed High Quality Event poster
C. Personal Photograph with the players

buffs building.jpg
uffalos Billiards
5029 Bloomfield St, New Orleans, LA 70121
Phone: (504) 835-0173

v8bfYTY.gif

Last edited:

deanoc