Rasson vs Diamond

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The metal corner pocket casting/plates or what ever they are called stuck up some what. One of them felt so sharp I thought I could cut myself on it. I wouldn’t let my cue come within 10 feet of that thing. And of course it has rubber pocket trim which I’m not sure is better or worse than Diamonds leather. I know Diamonds leather leaves black marks and my friends table, the leather is torn from someone shooting balls in at warp speed.

Tough choice $10,000 GC6, $7000 blue label Diamond. For another $500 I can get 4 1/8 pockets on the Diamond.

The table was most likely not assembled correctly. I have installed 3 GC6's in the last year and ZERO issues like that. I am picky and so are my customers.

As for a table damaging anyones cue, last time I checked a 1200+ lb pool table never jumped up and bit anyones cue. See what I did there? :)

The pockets are flush and I don't lay any of my cues on rubber, I use the open or closed bridge in the corners with no issues.

I can do much better than $10k for the GC6, that is MSRP :) I also can do PROPER 4.25" subrail extensions for the extra $500 too!

TFT

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table was most likely not assembled correctly. I have installed 3 GC6's in the last year and ZERO issues like that. I am picky and so are my customers.

As for a table damaging anyones cue, last time I checked a 1200+ lb pool table never jumped up and bit anyones cue. See what I did there? :)

The pockets are flush and I don't lay any of my cues on rubber, I use the open or closed bridge in the corners with no issues.

I can do much better than $10k for the GC6, that is MSRP :) I also can do PROPER 4.25" subrail extensions for the extra $500 too!

TFT

If the metal is sticking up, it will damage a cue. I understand that it was a poor assembly but when your looking for a table and see that it leaves a poor impression.

Thanks for the info. When we finally get a new house I’ll keep you in mind.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If the metal is sticking up, it will damage a cue. I understand that it was a poor assembly but when your looking for a table and see that it leaves a poor impression.

Thanks for the info. When we finally get a new house I’ll keep you in mind.

I understand the cue issue, if the table is assembled properly it would be all user error if a cue gets damaged :)

I agree totally about the bad impression, I can't speak for others, but, I can say it is an honor/ pleasure to work on the best tables out there. I take my time and getting it right is the goal. No matter whether it is GC, Diamond or Rasson, people have high expectations and rightly so, they are spending top dollar. The install is the most important part of the whole deal!! Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to call me anytime to chat (419)491-7476. Thanks!!

TFT

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, Trent - how about a GC6 vs the Rasson Challenger table comparison from what you do know and see so far? Or too early to tell if you haven’t installed one yet? Appreciate the feedback.

~ K.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hello, Trent - how about a GC6 vs the Rasson Challenger table comparison from what you do know and see so far? Or too early to tell if you haven’t installed one yet? Appreciate the feedback.

~ K.

I don't think that table is comparable in looks. I don't think I will be dealing in that model at all or the Victory for that matter. The OX is the best one they have now. Because I have played on that model and inspected it, yet, the final piece of info to make a well rounded opinion will be to install one. Knowing every variable is my goal.

There are rumors of a one-piece slate bar box coming out from Rasson in the near future.

TFT

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regarding looks - I agree - the GC6 is a beauty.

I was wondering about the comparison between the two tables from an engineered standpoint (from a top installer/mechanic perspsecyive) and how the Rasson slate leveling system and their cabinet leveling system stacks up against the GC6. How about that aluminum alloy beam system they use bs the GC6 and their all-wood they still use?

GC6 @ $10k vs the
Rasson Challenger at under $6k
the OX is a bit over $6k I think.

Technically speaking, I also wonder what the difference is between the Rasson OX table and the Challenger.

Will you be selling the Rassons as well as installing them?

Thanks, Trent

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The frame seems to be the same on all 3 commercial models they are making. Until I put one together I can't really comment on the design. Like I said I really like the OX and thought it played very well.

I am already set up to sell Rasson tables and will be installing one as soon as I sell one!!!

TFT

Regarding looks - I agree - the GC6 is a beauty.

I was wondering about the comparison between the two tables from an engineered standpoint (from a top installer/mechanic perspsecyive) and how the Rasson slate leveling system and their cabinet leveling system stacks up against the GC6. How about that aluminum alloy beam system they use bs the GC6 and their all-wood they still use?

GC6 @ $10k vs the
Rasson Challenger at under $6k
the OX is a bit over $6k I think.

Technically speaking, I also wonder what the difference is between the Rasson OX table and the Challenger.

Will you be selling the Rassons as well as installing them?

Thanks, Trent

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The frame seems to be the same on all 3 commercial models they are making. Until I put one together I can't really comment on the design. Like I said I really like the OX and thought it played very well.

I am already set up to sell Rasson tables and will be installing one as soon as I sell one!!!

TFT

The first Rasson I played on accepted balls way to easy.

The OX I played in was little better, but to me, it still accepted balls that normally stand up on diamonds with very similar playing conditions (cloth, balls and room condition).

I did notice the shelf on the OX. I didn't measure it. What is the shelf depth?

Also, how do the pocket angles compare to a diamond?

Thanks,

Jeff

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The first Rasson I played on accepted balls way to easy.

The OX I played in was little better, but to me, it still accepted balls that normally stand up on diamonds with very similar playing conditions (cloth, balls and room condition).

I did notice the shelf on the OX. I didn't measure it. What is the shelf depth?

Also, how do the pocket angles compare to a diamond?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff,

I did not bring my protractor or a ruler. The OX shelf depth was at least as deep as a Diamond and the pocket angles appeared to be 141. The cloth was broken in so no sliding. I will give a more detailed report upon installing one. I though the table played GREAT! Not that Diamonds don't, they play awesome as well. The GC6 plays the easiest of the 3.

TFT

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff,

I did not bring my protractor or a ruler. The OX shelf depth was at least as deep as a Diamond and the pocket angles appeared to be 141. The cloth was broken in so no sliding. I will give a more detailed report upon installing one. I though the table played GREAT! Not that Diamonds don't, they play awesome as well. The GC6 plays the easiest of the 3.

TFT

Oh, I agree with your assessment...in general.

The OX I played on played a little easier, but it may have been set up differently or I may have just played better that particular day.

Thanks for the info.

Jeff

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a valley I tightened the pockets up to play a little tougher but not crazy and I remember the same thing the first year they used them for the mosconi lol I saw a lot of balls go that wouldn’t go on my valley. I don’t want the table to be quadruple shimmed but damn...

May I ask how you tightened the pockets? I would like to tighten mine
as well

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tables can get nippy!

TFT

A gentleman, no just a man, was recovering a nine foot Diamond. Good sized busy pool hall plus most anybody was subject to come in through the front door without warning. The table mechanic stripped the table without putting up privacy screens or any other consideration for how a lady might feel about being stripped in public.

Next thing anybody knew the table had nipped off the end joint of a finger the mechanic was attached too. Not sure if that was about the privacy issue or if the mechanic had cold hands. Either way, it was a wake up call for everyone, if you are going to play patty fingers with a lady, don't get carried away. Be very sure you treat her like a lady!

Hu