Reload this Page i lightened up on my stroke by 30%, and im playing better
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
i lightened up on my stroke by 30%, and im playing better
Old
  (#1)
judochoke
AzB Silver Member
judochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

i lightened up on my stroke by 30%, and im playing better - 06-03-2020, 10:56 PM

i am basically hitting like a girl now, down 30 % on my stoke on most shots, unless i really have to move the cue ball up and down. but i am really liking the feel and the sound of a reduced stroke. i play only on bar tables, so i never really have to move the cue ball much more than half the table.

started hitting like this two days ago, and my accuracy has really improved. i saw a older match in some touramanent on this site, and the older guy was barely hitting the cue ball, but he was making his shots and getting perfect position everytime. he ended up winning the match.

its working for me.

Old
  (#2)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judochoke View Post
i am basically hitting like a girl now, down 30 % on my stoke on most shots, unless i really have to move the cue ball up and down. but i am really liking the feel and the sound of a reduced stroke. i play only on bar tables, so i never really have to move the cue ball much more than half the table.

started hitting like this two days ago, and my accuracy has really improved. i saw a older match in some touramanent on this site, and the older guy was barely hitting the cue ball, but he was making his shots and getting perfect position everytime. he ended up winning the match.

its working for me.
You don't have to feel shame over an improvement. Many amateurs grip and hit too hard, so that their percentage goes up as their force comes down.

You are hitting less hard. Are you gripping more gently also?

-- Matt Sherman

Guide to Pool and Billiards, About.com
Instruction Staff, InsidePool Magazine
Author, Book & DVD, Picture Yourself Shooting Pool (Named to the 25 Best Billiards Books of All Time by Bookauthority)

Last edited by BilliardsAbout; 06-05-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Old
  (#3)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2020, 03:01 PM

You lost me at "hitting like a girl." Would you like to reword that?

Old
  (#4)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

06-05-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
You lost me at "hitting like a girl." Would you like to reword that?
Scientifically, women produce 2/3 the amount of total strength and applied force that men produce. No need to re-word anything when the statement is accurate. Now if you're offended, then I suggest you seek physiological help from a professional.

TRUMP 2020

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#5)
tableroll
Rolling Thunder
tableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2020, 08:06 PM

You will improve much more by holding the cue lighter also. Focus on a straight-slow backswing and a straight accelerating foreswing. Not zero to 60 but zero to 30 to 60.

Old
  (#6)
Leigh
Registered
Leigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond repute

06-06-2020, 11:41 AM

Fran, where do you teach?

Old
  (#7)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

06-06-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Scientifically, women produce 2/3 the amount of total strength and applied force that men produce. No need to re-word anything when the statement is accurate. Now if you're offended, then I suggest you seek physiological help from a professional.
No, actually YOU need to seek professional help. This isn't tennis or baseball. It's pool, so quit stereotyping and just work on your game.

Old
  (#8)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member

06-06-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Fran, where do you teach?
New York City.

Old
  (#9)
Leigh
Registered
Leigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond reputeLeigh has a reputation beyond repute

06-06-2020, 12:46 PM

Fran, I always appreciate your point of view and I wished I lived in NY to take lessons from you.

Old
  (#10)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-06-2020, 01:44 PM

judochoke...While you may not think your making a mistake talking that way, you are. That is sexist. Men and women are on equal terms when it comes to pool. Weight of the cue and timing are the key factors...NOT how big and strong you are. Talk like a man, or get lost from this forum. I told you many months ago you were gripping the cue too tightly and shooting too hard.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by judochoke View Post

its working for me.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#11)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member

06-06-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Fran, I always appreciate your point of view and I wished I lived in NY to take lessons from you.
Hey thanks. I had planned to do some traveling this year but due to the virus, it looks like it will have to be postponed for a bit. I'll let you know if I head to your area.

Old
  (#12)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

06-06-2020, 06:10 PM

Fran,

Let me know if you make to the Midwest, around the Indiana area.

r/Mike

Playing Cue: Chad Carter Custom
Break Cue: Schon butt/Chad Carter shaft
Table: Gold Crown IV
Cloth: Simonis 860 Apple Green

Old
  (#13)
judochoke
AzB Silver Member
judochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond repute

06-06-2020, 11:36 PM

take it easy boys, i was only trying to be funny. are we supposed to have some fun here and learn also??? yes i had problems with a death grip, chipped a lot of tiles in my pool room because of a death grip on my draw shots at the end of my stroke. launched a lot of cue balls because of a tight grip. my grip is now nice and loose, and its the final thought that i have before shooting the cue ball, relax the grip.

its amazing to me how much a tight grip effects the path of the cue ball.

Old
  (#14)
jason
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

06-08-2020, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
judochoke...While you may not think your making a mistake talking that way, you are. That is sexist. Men and women are on equal terms when it comes to pool. Weight of the cue and timing are the key factors...NOT how big and strong you are. Talk like a man, or get lost from this forum. I told you many months ago you were gripping the cue too tightly and shooting too hard.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
Mr. Lee, if you believe that "hit like a girl" is sexist, then surely you would agree "talk like a man" is sexist as well. So please quit bullying the OP by telling him to leave the forum. I would not like to call you a hypocrite, so I think you owe the OP an apology by your own terms.

It is not a derogatory term to anyone unless they choose to make it so. It is a phrase used to describe something by comparison. We all know in general terms men are stronger than women. Men are taller than women. Men are faster than women. Men are hairier than women. Men are more violent than women.

The words of "political correctness" have damaged this society so much so that everyone walks on egg shells. Last time I checked, speech was still free, even if you don't agree with it. Some people need to grow a backbone or maybe some would rather use the phase grow a pair.

TRUMP 2020

Jason

Old
  (#15)
jason

06-08-2020, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
No, actually YOU need to seek professional help. This isn't tennis or baseball. It's pool, so quit stereotyping and just work on your game.
You are correct, pool isn't tennis or baseball. So you are infering it is acceptable to use the term when describing those sports. Well that would be hypocritical.

We don't need to criticize everyone, on every detail, on every second of the day.
Quit drinking the cool-aid.

TRUMP 2020

Jason

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: