MAKO tips intro special

Mako-Tips

Registered
Hello,
Just want to introduce myself and my all new MAKO cue tip, the Shark. First in my line of new cue tips that play amazing and wont leave you broke. Enter code take40 at checkout for 40% off. http://makotips.com

Over the last 40 years I have played with many many different pool cue tips, always searching for just the right tip. I found a few that were great tips and amazingly a ton of very bad tips. Now let's be honest, each tip will play differently on each cue. Don't let the advertising from the Big companies fool you by thinking they will play the same on all cues.

So I developed the MAKO pool cue tip. The MAKO Shark is the first in my line of very high quality pool cue tips at very very affordable prices.

All our tips come in a hermetically sealed package to preserve the quality and freshness of the tip to insure you are getting the best tip possible.

Made from 8 layers of the finest Japanese pig skins. 14mm diameter, Easy install and maintain their shape

See for yourself why these tips are in a class of their own.

​There are many things to look for when considering the proper pool cue tip. Of all the things to consider, we feel density, quality of material, and production technicalities are top on the list.

The quality of leather used in making a pool tip goes a long way in affecting play. For us at makotips.com, we believe that the best pool experience is one in which the player is confident in each shot made, and this can only happen when the right tips are in place.
1194992568.jpg

cuetips1000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds interesting.

Could you tell me the hardness results of your tips, if possible in Shore D?

Thank's in advance and kind regards.

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mako tips

I do agree that the soft tip does play softer than most other soft tips. But after playing with one for a week, I have decided to carry them in my shop and installing them for my customers that ask for a soft tip.
I have noticed that at first you must remember that the tip is softer than what you may be used to and may allowances. Soon, your subconscious takes over and does that for you. Just like aiming!!!

Mako-Tips

Registered
On shore D medium is 64 and soft is 55.
Remember I am using a Shore D meter, not a Shore A meter, pooldawg's guide you will find on line is rated with a Shore A meter. Big difference in readings, these tips play amazingly well and excellent cue ball control. Here is a perfect example that one companies medium tip is softer then the other companies soft tip. Again, the ratings below are Shore A, not Shore D
Da Vinci (Medium) 73.6
Fuji (Soft) 14mm 74.2

cuetips1000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have measured the Shore D hardness of 3 Elk Master tips.
Here are the single results (as mentioned in Shore D): 69/77/79
Average hardness for the Elk Master: 75 Shore D
I doubt the result of 68.8 Shore A.

Last edited: