Steinway

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gonna be up in NY for the first time in 10 years (yes, I was devastated when I found out the Earl v Efren match was going to be so close but not during my visit), and am staying in Brooklyn, so I was looking to visit the pool mecca that is Steinway.

Anybody know of anything going on between the 22-26th? Is there anybody there that will give a good lesson at a reasonable price? Anybody know if Efren or Earl are going to still be up there at all? I know they give lessons here and there but not sure if it would cost an arm and a leg.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gonna be up in NY for the first time in 10 years (yes, I was devastated when I found out the Earl v Efren match was going to be so close but not during my visit), and am staying in Brooklyn, so I was looking to visit the pool mecca that is Steinway.

Anybody know of anything going on between the 22-26th? Is there anybody there that will give a good lesson at a reasonable price? Anybody know if Efren or Earl are going to still be up there at all? I know they give lessons here and there but not sure if it would cost an arm and a leg.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Now you are stepping on the DCC a bit so that may hurt your chances of seeing Earl.

Tony Robles doesnt usually go to the DCC but im pretty sure you will have to get the lesson at ABC, his sponsor so to speak.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife has friends and an aunt in Manhattan. She just asked me today if I wanted to go to NY this summer with her. Looks like Steinway is 14 minutes from her aunt's on 2nd Ave. Think she would mind if I went out for a cup of coffee and made a wrong turn? :cool:

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come play the Wednesday night open tournament on the 22nd. You'll get to see and play with any of the pros and strong local players that are around.

Race to 5 on the winners side, race to 4 on the losers side. $20 entry nobody gets hurt.

Get there around 7 ask for Finnegan.

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come play the Wednesday night open tournament on the 22nd. You'll get to see and play with any of the pros and strong local players that are around.

Race to 5 on the winners side, race to 4 on the losers side. $20 entry nobody gets hurt.

Get there around 7 ask for Finnegan.

Will definitely be a $20 experience fee but I'm fine with that (I'm a C player). I'll do my utmost to make it.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually stay in Manhatten and will visit Amsterdam while am there . Never been to Steinway before. Is the location safe to travel by subway?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk