U.S. Open Player List - New Mexico No Longer a U.S. State?

shinyballs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a rant, but two players should be listed as USA instead of 'New Mexico'. Unlike Texas, this U.S. State wedged between Texas and Arizona is not 'a whole other country'.

I can say that most people who live in New Mexico are never very surprised when people have no idea where the hell it is.

Fragged

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shinyballs said:
Just a rant, but two players should be listed as USA instead of 'New Mexico'. Unlike Texas, this U.S. State wedged between Texas and Arizona is not 'a whole other country'.

I can say that most people who live in New Mexico are never very surprised when people have no idea where the hell it is.

Barry once issued a Press Release noting that players from such countries as London, Phillipines and The UK would be playing. It was hardly his most egregious error in a PR.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shinyballs said:

You are NOT at fault and you shouldn`t feel guilty for the ignorance of some and arrogance of few.
I always proudly anounced to others that I live in New Mexico when I was living there.I left NewMexico last thursday around 3pm.

There is no state in USA with as much history as NewMexico.:cool:

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Jes Tell Em, I Dont Splain Em

Mike9 said:
The IRS remembers.

So does the INS.
Doug :)

"You Want Me On That Wall, You Need Me On That Wall..... You Want The Truth ? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !!!!! "

Edited to add: I think New Orleans may now be the New Mexico.

Last edited:
U

Ummagumma

-- removing post, had misread reply --

Last edited:

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
nm is one of, if not THE most beautiful state of all the states.

they shoulda changed the name long long ago. it's the only state with another country's moniker,,,,, unless there's a "new canada" that i don't know about.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
"unless there's a "new canada" that i don't know about."

Upper peninsula Michigan :) JK

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
qbilder said:
"unless there's a "new canada" that i don't know about."

Upper peninsula Michigan :) JK

buddy you live in BFE not New Mexico. J/K hope you good.