Question about Meucci
Old
  (#1)
wineslob
AzB Silver Member
wineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question about Meucci - 12-06-2018, 01:00 AM

Haven't posted on the forums in quite awhile. Long story short, I lost my home in the Camp Fire. This included my pool table, and assorted cues, one of which was a Meucci Originals HOF 6 that I bought used in the early 90's.I loved that cue, and I'd like to replace it with another Meucci, a B&M 6.

Thoughts on the quality of todays Meucci's and NOT the re-pop "originals".

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
Haven't posted on the forums in quite awhile. Long story short, I lost my home in the Camp Fire. This included my pool table, and assorted cues, one of which was a Meucci Originals HOF 6 that I bought used in the early 90's.I loved that cue, and I'd like to replace it with another Meucci, a B&M 6.

Quality is still iffy. I've seen them from perfect to firewood. The Pro series cues/shafts play really good. If you decide on a new Meucci go with one with little/no inlays. That tends to be the problem as most of the problem cues i've seen have "popped" inlay work. I'd get the basic 4pt. Meucci Pro series cue. http://meuccicues.com/bmc-pro-series-3-butt.html You can usually find them on Ebay for decent price. Or this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Meucci-BMC-...Condition=1000

Last edited by garczar; 12-06-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Old
  (#3)
ddg45
AzB Silver Member
ddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:

So sorry to hear about your home. Good luck with everything. Anyway, the Meucci's I've played with I haven't liked but would never have bought one regardless due to all the negative comments on this site. I did a lot of research using this site when I first stared playing a while back and bought some cues based on consensus among the participants here. I agree with garczar based on what I've read and a couple guys locally here in Charleston some of whom play with Meuccis. You can get a cue you'll love or you can get junk, and their customer service can be great or terrible. Hearing stuff like that was enough to keep me away from them even if I had enjoyed their cues I had tried. Buyer beware, but that said best wishes to you and hope you find a keeper.

Playing cues: Pechauer JP-09N and OB-130 (custom made with an ebony stained handle instead of the linen wrap.) I like no-wrap cues
Retired: McDermott custom stained G230, Schmelke R065 sneaky Pete. All are better than I am but I fight the urge to buy more.

Old
  (#4)
wineslob
AzB Silver Member
wineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2018, 07:36 PM

Thanks guys. One more question, when you say the inlays "pop" is this shortly after getting the cue or within a few years. My old cue was beginning to get slightly raised inlays, but it took 20 years.

Old
  (#5)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Thanks guys. One more question, when you say the inlays "pop" is this shortly after getting the cue or within a few years. My old cue was beginning to get slightly raised inlays, but it took 20 years.
That's common on 20yr old Meuccis. I've seen it happen way too quickly on some newer ones.

Old
  (#6)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

12-07-2018, 09:15 AM

Meucci quality is hit or miss.
I might take a gamble on one for a couple hundred.
But if you are in the $500 to $700 no way.

Your money would be better spent on a Schon,Pechauer or Mezz.

Playng cue- Troy Downey
Back up cue - The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Still straighter than 90 % of all Meucci cues ever made
"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#7)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

12-07-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Meucci quality is hit or miss.
I might take a gamble on one for a couple hundred.
But if you are in the $500 to $700 no way.

Your money would be better spent on a Schon,Pechauer or Mezz.
TOTALLY agree. Mezz's sub-$500 cues are unreal cues. I've got a AXI-K and its is WAY nicer than stuff coming out of even Schon's shop these days.

Last edited by garczar; 12-07-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Old
  (#8)
wineslob
AzB Silver Member

12-09-2018, 06:14 PM

I took the advice here and bought a Mezz ZZ34. Beautiful cue, not too much "bling" and from the testimonials probably feels much like a late 70's Adams I had. Which, btw, I shot better with. While I "loved" the Mooch, it did have a noodle for a shaft.

TY for the input!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: