Your memorable shot...here's mine

IA8baller jr

Registered

CueTable Help

This was crazy..I was with my dad at pool league last year this was my second game out of 3 on the night. On my last shot I was stuck behind a stripe and this was my only option to the 8 to actually make the shot so I went for it. (This might not be the exact table setup but the cue, 10, and 8 are very similar) Had nothin to lose so I looked at the shot for a good 3-5 minutes and I had to smash the shot to keep a narrow line coming off the rail and nailed it. I couldn't believe it it was pretty sweet.

Anyone else got a great one that stands out?

Derek

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member

CueTable Help

This was crazy..I was with my dad at pool league last year this was my second game out of 3 on the night. On my last shot I was stuck behind a stripe and this was my only option to the 8 to actually make the shot so I went for it. (This might not be the exact table setup but the cue, 10, and 8 are very similar) Had nothin to lose so I looked at the shot for a good 3-5 minutes and I had to smash the shot to keep a narrow line coming off the rail and nailed it. I couldn't believe it it was pretty sweet.

Derek

Good shot.

It's probably a good thing that 12 ball was hanging....it looks like the cueball would have gone that way after making the 8, and possibly scratched...

IA8baller jr

Registered
yeah i know :lmao: it sucks when that happens. I'm just sayin I was lucky there was a ball to lock the corner up so the 8 wouldn't go in there.

Last edited:

IA8baller jr

Registered
I think there might've been a ball blocking that shot cuz I can't remember completely what balls were on the table but the ones i have down are accurate - for some reason I just can't quite remember each detail...

but yes that shot does make more sense I probably would've done it if it was open

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had one tonight.

Playing a 10 ball ring game. I had no shot and the ten was tied up near the bottom rail. The cue ball was at the other end of the table.

I slammed the two ball into the ten, the ten bounced off the end rail, bounced once by the spot and then flew all the way IN THE AIR straight into the corner pocket at the other end of the table!!!

I wish that one was on tape :smile:

Russ......

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Here is mine.

One pocket league final, race to 3.
It start at 8 pm.
At 1 am, score tied at 2:2.
At 1:30, only one ball left on the table
At 1:55 I tried to push the ball towards my pocket; it dropped in after a 2 seconds delay....

CueTable Help

Myk

dorkfish
Silver Member
A memorable break

Wednesday night I was playing 14.1 with a friend, and left myself this as a break shot. I kicked long table and caromed off the rack into the break ball. It worked out pretty well.

CueTable Help

Last edited:

cajun9092

Registered
The one I remember most is almost exactly like yours except I cut it in the other corner pocket. I didn't yell, but did have a big smile. lol

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member

CueTable Help

Here's one that I remember, it made me smile. It was Hill/Hill in a tournament. My opponent safed me due to my failed runout on my break. I kick banked in the 8ball. My opponent was furious, but I called the shot so not sure why he would get mad.

When I lose due to a good shot or saftey I never feel bad. Just hate beating myself. Unfortunately, not everyone handles defeat so graciously. His getting mad made me smile even a bit bigger but I just shook his hand and took the cash..

These are the shots that keep me coming back.

Last edited:

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nevermind

wei trouble3RAILKICK
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2005
vCash: 500

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by 3RAILKICK; Today at 11:13 AM..

Last edited:

soulcatcher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple.

This one, I had decided to play defense. The only way it worked was if I pocket his 9 ball, and suck the cue ball up on his 12. The shot worked out to perfection.

CueTable Help

The next one, my opponent safed me on the 8, and took away the easy kick shot hit. I decided to go for it.

CueTable Help

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
That's not what I was trying to say...

I was just pointing out that a lot of the time, when you make that miracle shot, something bad happens and ruins the moment...usually an impossible scratch. (for me, at least)

no good deed goes unpunished is how i roll too. every time i seem to come with a good shot it comes with 2 consequences. 1. i find new ways to scratch. 2. i get hooked worse than i was the previous shot. it's kind of nice to see others have angered the pool gods also ;)

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

CueTable Help

Derek

Well since you brought it up I'll have to one up you. I am short on time so no WEI table. But same shot (but cross side) and the kick at the 8 was a bank on the 8 for the pocket on the same side I kicked the CB off of. If it wasn't for his teammate he would have never believed I made that shot.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've hit a few that have made even my jaw drop as I thought I couldnt do it. Most involved banks. I consider myself a lower tier banker but me and iba7467 had a few one hole matches that we both made some awesome shots in.

I won an 8-ball match one time where it was near the side pocket but high enough that I couldnt hit it or I would scratch. I was at the foot of the table near the rail. I went up the rail and came back and hit the 8 perfectly and cut it in the side. My buddies at the time told me there was no way in hell it could be done, then the whole pool room stopped after I hit it.:grin:

IA8baller jr

Registered
good stories..I hate it cuz whenever I have a chance at these kinds of shots I usually concentrate hard - and that's when I don't make them, and whenever I say heck with it and hit the shot, I'll make it more often than if I concentrate. It's just weird.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
golf shot

OK, I'm playing 8 handed golf, and I'm going to 6. My ball is frozen on the side rail about a diamond from the 6 hole side pocket. I try to cut it up the side rail and just try to have it sit in front of the hole to improve my position. I hit it good, but the cue ball zig zagged 2 rails and timed it in for the win. Ta da.