John Barton Cases

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
JB “rugged” case (= prototype?)

This is the most useful everyday case I’ve ever owned. Period. Could stop the review here and let the picture do the talking (for more pics look here http://www.jbcases.com/jb-p-010.html):
JB rugged case.jpg
Weighs roughly 60 ounces empty and looks elegant, almost slim given all that (even a little more, if needed!) fits in! (Those self-made textile wrappers are for the playing cue extension and the jump cue butt – the large pocket has one side compartment for a jump cue handle, not long enough for both parts.) Stable, most versatile and space-saving 2x5 (2 butts, 5 shafts) = 3x4 (3 butts, 4 shafts) UltraPad interior that ensures everything is well-protected and nothing accidentally slips out of the case. Wish the interior weren’t black (e.g. red or blue would be preferred), as I seem to be getting night-blind enough to where, in a darkly-lit pool hall, I’m unable to see the compartments. The L-shaped zippered pockets are a definite improvement over those on e.g. my Flowers Tribute 2x4, virtually impossible to get in/remove e.g. a ProJusta bridge head there, let alone tuck it under or over a rubber Q Claw cue holder. Pockets are not higher, but the softness and flexibility of the canvas is making things easier also (even so, an eighth or quarter of an inch higher pockets wouldn’t hurt). The rubber bottom may not look like much but makes great sense – as slip-resistant as any. The case is light and very comfortable to wear over one shoulder (mine came with shoulder pad otherwise same as on the pictures on John Barton’s web site) or – my preferred way – diagonally across one’s back. The strap can easily be taken off, if one prefers. Would love to have a fancy tooled leather 2x5/3x4 JB case, but for the time being, this will do nicely! :thumbup:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
''jb''

Dynamite, practical , and built like a tank,,

Great case by a great casemaker,,

Way to go David,,,,!!

,,,,,,,Alan,,,,,,,

RobbieG

Thanks for the review.

Great review. I've just received confirmation that my GTF storage case is being shipped Monday. It's reassuring to read that the finished product was top notch.

I bought my case through Roy Malott at INDYQ and I will say one thing about that guy: his customer service is excellent. Any time I sent him an email with questions (and I did that a lot), I had a reply within the hour.

I've waited a little longer for my case than I had expected, but I selected a leather that was out of stock and decided it'd be worth the wait. I'll be sure to post a review of it when it arrives.

Robbie G

"I used to hit balls till my hands would bleed."
-Lee Trevino

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB cases

This is a great story of a customer that loved his case but did have a few things he was not 100% happy with.

John being a stand up guy and maker of one of the best cases on earth, Stepped up to the plate and did what he could to make the customer happy after the sale and case was built and delivered.

That tells you a lot about John and JB cases.

To me that's great customer service, Some times you have to think of just how busy John must be,

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Some times you have to think of just how busy John must be,

He is. Patience is a virtue. But then, to me, he's half case maker, half artist and inventor, so it's OK. It's all about dedication, or what I sometimes jokingly call "the lost art of doing one's job right".

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

sorbetboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fury Cases by JB

Hey guys, I happen to come across the JB cases made for Fury China, what are your thoughts about it?

They actually look pretty awesome and I was asked to deal them but I'm not too sure how well they'll be received by everybody else.

I did watch this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9hFhZrAoNE

And yep, Mr JB you sold me on the case hahaha. But yea I wanna know how everybody else think about their design and stuff, if they'll be well received then I'll put em up for sale here =)

Thanks!