★ Aiming Systems ★ Techniques ★ Etc.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Matt,

We are on the same page and so are a lot of other people who just don't want to have to argue the points you made so well.

Your last question is something that can only be answered by those who pompously delight in denigrating people and things that are not to their liking.

JoeyA

Joey, I do find it funny the amount of time people spend on here posting/arguing against aiming systems. If someone says they have success using X system the same few people pounce on that post saying X system doesn't work or hold merit. It's a broken record. If that system doesn't work for you, congratulations. Who cares? If it works for someone else, that's awesome. Be happy for them. Several people dedicate a lot of their time and effort to try to teach others to improve their games. That is a good thing. Why in the world would people go out of their way to bash these people over and over and over regardless if they don't believe in the system that is being taught? If I don't believe in a system that I tried out that didn't work for me, so be it. That doesn't mean I should go out of my way to try to destroy the system for others looking to learn the game as that system may work for them. Aren't we trying to grow this game vs destroying it at the end of the day?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Joey, I do find it funny the amount of time people spend on here posting/arguing against aiming systems. If someone says they have success using X system the same few people pounce on that post saying X system doesn't work or hold merit. It's a broken record. If that system doesn't work for you, congratulations. Who cares? If it works for someone else, that's awesome. Be happy for them. Several people dedicate a lot of their time and effort to try to teach others to improve their games. That is a good thing. Why in the world would people go out of their way to bash these people over and over and over regardless if they don't believe in the system that is being taught? If I don't believe in a system that I tried out that didn't work for me, so be it. That doesn't mean I should go out of my way to try to destroy the system for others looking to learn the game as that system may work for them. Aren't we trying to grow this game vs destroying it at the end of the day?

Oh my bleeping word.....how the heck can we have a proper forum war if people go and use common sense and decency?

C'mom man..... :p

Of course you are 1000% spot on here. And even if 90% of the forum users came on here and agreed, there are still a few that will continue to have at it, and flog that deceased equine some more.

DTL

SP 219
Silver Member

Attachments

• STFU3.jpg
    STFU3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Not really...it's only a portion of a quote and not the whole chapter so you have no idea what's the whole chapter is about.

Google subjective and objective and see what pops up.

CTE is subjective as is all aiming systems.

To believe other wise is just to be stupid.

I agree with you, Greg, except for the word 'stupid'.

To 'believe' otherwise is misplaced faith.

To think otherwise is just a wrong conclusion.

The thing is that usually when correct info is presented most would see the error in their previous conclusion but some are blinded by their faith & don't see reality & it's very much like Poolplaya9 has said.

Best Wishes to You & All.

PS Those that seem to say 'so what just let it be' seem to not care about those that have already & those that are now & those that would waste much time pursuing something that they were told is there but simply is not there. As you, PJ, & others have said, all aiming 'systems' & methods are subjective in their nature & CTE is no different in that regard. It amazes me why a certain few here on AZB can either not see that... or... will not admit that simple fact.

Last edited:

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Nope I was right. Anyone that is presented with facts but still refuses to learn is stupid.

Like edges on a ball........fact is there are no edges, but people still talk as if they are there.

Like 1/2 ball, 1/4 ball hit an so on.....fact is can't be done, but yet highly respected pool experts still discuss using this term. Oh, I've never used those two terms when talking to a person about a shot, why, cause they are not real, do not exist in the real world.

Like thinking only two objective perceptions can make every shot on the table......can't be done.

And yea, I'll try to steer anyone away from a saleman that makes the above statement about their system.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^

I hear you.

But sometimes we need to find a way to communicate matters & from the shooters perspective terms like full & 1/2 & 1/4 & edge can be useful when explaining how equal & opposite overlap looks from the shooters perspective or even how ghost ball would 'look' from the shooters perspective.

Best 2 Ya.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with you, Greg, except for the word 'stupid'.

To 'believe' otherwise is misplaced faith.

To think otherwise is just a wrong conclusion.

The thing is that usually when correct info is presented most would see the error in their previous conclusion but some are blinded by their faith & don't see reality & it's very much like Poolplaya9 has said.

Best Wishes to You & All.

PS Those that seem to say 'so what just let it be' seem to not care about those that have already & those that are now & those that would waste much time pursuing something that they were told is there but simply is not there. As you, PJ, & others have said, all aiming 'systems' & methods are subjective in their nature & CTE is no different in that regard. It amazes me why a certain few here on AZB can either not see that... or... will not admit that simple fact.

The only blind ones are the ones who base there opinion from behind a keyboard.
So just keep spreading your false information.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope I was right. Anyone that is presented with facts but still refuses to learn is stupid.

Like edges on a ball........fact is there are no edges, but people still talk as if they are there.

Like 1/2 ball, 1/4 ball hit an so on.....fact is can't be done, but yet highly respected pool experts still discuss using this term. Oh, I've never used those two terms when talking to a person about a shot, why, cause they are not real, do not exist in the real world.

Like thinking only two objective perceptions can make every shot on the table......can't be done.

And yea, I'll try to steer anyone away from a saleman that makes the above statement about their system.

Except Efren uses centers and edges for aiming. He said so, i can find the magazine quote if you like.
Hmmmm Duckie or Efren. easy choice.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Draw a circle (the size of a pool ball) on a piece of paper, can you see the edge of the circle? You should.
Now look at a pool ball, can you now figure out what people mean when talking about the edge.:confused:

And it actually takes one perception to make all shots.:wink:

You should write a book...Billiards, The Ducks way! Sounds like you got it figured out.:eek: