We are europe

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney's approach to the game is virtually indistiguishable from shaw's. Imo. Very different places n their careers...but they both have than natural, nonchalant approach.
I'm always surprised to see Americans bring up Rodney's name in answer to question like this. I'd say he's your weakest link.

In terms of this format, Bergman is your strongest player. SVB and Woodward have strengths and weaknesses (I think Woodward gets a little overrated on here due to his age). Dechaine is too loose with his cue ball against the players in the Euro team, but still capable of winning matches through his shot making. Morris is waaay too loose with his cue ball, not up to is scratch in terms of safety, has mistakes/misses in him, and has terrible shot selection.

That's how I see it anyway. The Euros can afford one or maybe even two players having a bad week - the US team need everyone to play well to win.

SammyUtd

Registered
I thought Shaw got caught up in the atmosphere too much yesterday, seemed to think he was Conor McGregor when he was walking to the table.

Then went on to tank some shots...

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney's approach to the game is virtually indistiguishable from shaw's. Imo. Very different places n their careers...but they both have than natural, nonchalant approach.

Shaw is a far more consistent shotmaker, though. Better technique, fundamentals, cueing, and bottle.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Shaw is a far more consistent shotmaker, though. Better technique, fundamentals, cueing, and bottle.

We can always count on you to come out of your hole once a year to stroke your European brethren. What a surprise.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shaw is today, what rodney was 25yr ago.

Let jayson take a quarter century of pro pool and see if he is still on top of the wave or under it, then.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Americans are used to getting trophies even when we lose, it's not really fair to expect us to win now.

Europe got all the rolls. And the pockets are too big. And the table rolls off. And they changed the break.

It's no fair, Europe is bigger - we should get Canada, and Mexico, and throw in the Philippines too. And Taiwan.

Americans don't need to win, we'll just make up fake Facebook news articles claiming we won and our population will believe it.

Isn't there some kind of Electoral College in the Mosconi Cup that can turn a loss into a win?

You mean whiny, brittle narcissism doesn't guarantee success? It would have been helpful to know that earlier.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This seems so familiar. Red vs Blue something. Red stood no chance and yet somehow won

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, funny pic, but you're making an oxymoron statement with it, making fun of Europe, meanwhile your avatar is the melting clock form Salvador Dali, from Europe, ha ha!,

Dali was Walt Disney on crack... Is there anything more American than that?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Yes. There approach to the game is very similar but their outcomes are drastically different. Shaw makes the tough shots that Rodney misses.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin Ouschan sure stepped up in the last 2 years. Calm, calculating, executing.

[Offtopic]
And of course I enjoy being a proud, nose-picking European. And by the way, we really do have and use deodorant.
But we sure as hell dont pretend that when all fails we will smell - just as all humans do.

But what does that have to do with Billiards?
[/offtopic]

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw is today, what rodney was 25yr ago.

Let jayson take a quarter century of pro pool and see if he is still on top of the wave or under it, then.

Fair point, and I haven't seen much of Morris in his prime... I still think Shaw has the technique/fundamentals to old up better, but agree on their approach.

swingit

shipit
Canada

There is no reason why Canada should not be part of team USA/America, is Canada not a
bordering country just like all the countries in Europe? So team Europe can all play together but Canada can not? Weird.....

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I read the op's (who, btw, is a very good guy) post to be some good-natured crowing over his Euro Team getting a great start on Team USA. They have a lot to be proud of.

Am I the only one that sees some of the responses as way overboard?

Nothing wrong with cheering on the home team - And being a good sport. ;)

I haven't given up on my team...

USA USA USA

best,
brian kc

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin is a dog. A choker. He pays damn good pool, but i can think of a lot of others id want shooting a single ball for my chicken nuggets.
Albin Ouschan sure stepped up in the last 2 years. Calm, calculating, executing.

[Offtopic]
And of course I enjoy being a proud, nose-picking European. And by the way, we really do have and use deodorant.
But we sure as hell dont pretend that when all fails we will smell - just as all humans do.

But what does that have to do with Billiards?
[/offtopic]

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
There is no reason why Canada should not be part of team USA/America, is Canada not a
bordering country just like all the countries in Europe? So team Europe can all play together but Canada can not? Weird.....

Please don't drag us into your quagmire of mass shootings and migrant camps can't you see we're trying to watch the hockey game here geez :rolleyes:.