O'Neil Box Cases / O'Neil Cue Case

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone is looking for an O'Neil Box Case (They make them 4x8, 6x6, 12x12, and other configurations.) you may find this information useful.

After some difficulty trying to purchase an O'Neil box case from an authorized O'Neil retailer, I contacted O'Neil directly. Mark had no issue with selling to me directly and his prices were, ahem, quite low. $140 for a 4x8 extra long case.

He had no minimum order requirement and even the shipping charge was reasonable. ($22.00 to ship two cases.)

If you are not familiar with these cases, do a Google image search for "O'Neil cue case" and you will find images and links that represent what they make. They are first quality cases that securely support and protect your shafts and butts. The cases have 16 metal corner protectors and metal feet. O'Neil also manufactures musical instrument cases.

So if you have been searching for one of these, make you life easier by giving Mark a call.

(I have no interest in O'Neil. I am just a happy customer.)

His contact information for anyone interested is:
O’Neil Leather Specialties
1600 Junction Ave.
Racine, WI 53403
(800) 446-6345

Have a great day,
Jay

Last edited:

Koenig

Banned
I recently bought two cases from O'neil and Mark was very nice to deal with. The cases are very well built and good quality. In my opinion they are the best box cases that I have ever seen and are ideal to use for storing your collectable cues.

Last edited:

mr.vmax

Tim's Cues And Supplies
Silver Member
they make great cases, I had them make me a couple of dealer boxes that hold 12 cues and stands them up on a 45 degree angle. heavy duty cases

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience, the in stock cases ship within one day or maybe two.

Jay

Koenig

Banned
yes, has what you want shipping is fast. About 1 or 2 days. Call him and tell him what you want. Very nice guy.

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck finding a O'Neil distributor, I have been searching for days.

I also tried calling both of their numbers, no answer.

I'm looking for a 2x4 hard case, with a storage that will hold a cue ball. Anyone know of any???

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck finding a O'Neil distributor, I have been searching for days.

I also tried calling both of their numbers, no answer.

I'm looking for a 2x4 hard case, with a storage that will hold a cue ball. Anyone know of any???

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I last corresponded with Mark on Feb 20th. He said he would be closed the week beginning on the 24th and would not have any cases ready before March 10th.

My take is that O'Neil is a small company. He may take a day or two to get back to me but he always responds.

I found a few distributors of his cases. Actually he originally gave me the names, but you're better-off dealing with Mark because you won't buy a case retail for his price direct to you.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back In The Shop

Just an FYI that I just received an email from Mark at O'Neil, so he is back in the shop.

Jay

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put a Special Order in with Mark about 2 months ago,

He had some family issues and some flu-bug issues. Just as I have had so I totally understood. Anyway, I custom ordered 3---12x12 Dealers Display cases, these are the ones with the trays that have wood rods on each corner and you can travel with the cues in perfect security and when and if you go to a show or a display event, you can put the cues on the table, lift the rods up and rotate them so that the inserts are held at a 45 degree angle and the cues are easily displayed. In fact, I had a show that we locally just started in Clearwater Florid and this event is a Cue Exchange event at a local Pool Hall on the First Saturday of each month.

So, I took the 2 O'Neil display cases as well as 6 other standard 10x10 box dealer casesI already had and set up at last months (March 1st, 2014) event. I had multiple participants come up to me and not give me compliments on the cues I had on display, but they complimented Specifically on how the O'NEIL display cases drew their attention to the cues I had on display and after looking at the cues, also complimented to me on how well made the O'Neil cases were made and how they came to my area first because of the way the cues are displayed. That was Great!!

Anyway, I mentioned just as a coincidence that I CURRENTLY have 3 more of the O'Neils 12x12 display cases on special order and they would see more of my cues displayed using these BRAND NEW O'NEIL display cases at the next:

IN CASE ANYONE IS IN MY AREA OF FLORIDA, the event is at the:

CORNER POCKET CUE EXCHANGE on April 5th in Clearwater/Largo Florida 33771

Just in case anyone is in the area or is travelling through Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater Florida area on this weekend or any other 1st Saturday of the Month, Please come by and look or bring in a cue you might have for sale or wanting to trade or do something with.

This is a great coincidence, because, I just got the notice from UPS that the 3 Custom 12x12 Dealer Display Cases with Dark Hunter Green Interior with Black Exterior with Display rods are at the UPS Distribution center and I will be picking them up later this morning, MARCH 17th, 2014.

I have seen a couple of pictures but I will also post some of the pictures so everyone can see just how nice and PROFESSIONAL marks work Is and has been since I got his first case almost 20 years ago.

Don't hesitiate on buying any of his Products, in fact I am thinking about talking with Mark about being a local distributor, since no one come close to the quality of his products on the Box Style of Cue Cases and his options and Customizing variables are OUT OF THIS WORLD!! It would be nice to have the cases on display and look at and feel and such, versus just directly ordering from Mark, If the customer knows exactly what they want, I would direct them to Mark, Direct. But, if there are questions, it would be great to be able to touch and feel before pulling the trigger.

I am going to try to post the picture that Mark sent me a few days ago, before he shipped them out, so u can see what this option package looked like, but if it fails, I will post pictures later today after I pick up the cases from the UPS Distribution Center.

Thanks again go out to Mark at ONEIL LEATHER SPECIALTIES, mark the owner is a great guy and a pleasure to deal and work with.

As u can probably tell, I'm excited about getting the cases,today and using them in a couple of weeks at the Cue Exchange and also the 2014 West Coast Challenge, where I will be a vendor at on April 24th thru April 27th, 2014.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a Novice, I need help posting a PICTURE??

When I say Novice, I mean at programming and such... ...

My email address is

michaelkennedy_1@yahoo.com

If you need to send me instructions you can send them in an email,

It was sent to me in an EMAIL as a attachment' and I would like to post it in the listing I just made,

If I do an edit to the listing, it has a icon for 'add image'

Then it has

/http:

type of box, but I don't know how to attachment or gain access to the pictue in the email that Mark at O'Neil cases sent me of the case.

Any help would be appreciated??

Thanks

Mike 'acedonkeyae' Kennedy

Last edited:

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wish they had a site that sold them. Calling him is lol experience.

Anybody have a 3x6 or 2x4 for sale?

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received an order from Mark earlier in the week.

Contacting Mark can be hit or miss. I heard he had ongoing medical issues and I wouldn't be surprised if he more or less works alone, but he's been 100% professional in every way with his product and service. I use his cases for storage and haven't seen any others that compare.

If you need something quick, he might not be able to meet your time frame.

I have no financial interest in his business and have never met him. I am just happy to be able to get something of this quality at a very reasonable price.

Good luck,
Jay

I just wish they had a site that sold them. Calling him is lol experience.

Anybody have a 3x6 or 2x4 for sale?

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Any nice detailed pictures of his cases that anyone can share?

Last edited:

Kel_82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got off the phone, he's going to build me a 4x4 with a storage compartment. Persistency has paid off :)

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have one and another special one ordered

he always got back to me

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dear kel
from your feedback,it doesn't look like you are getting back to anyone

Perhaps you can find something better to do than post any more critical or snide comments until you
first prove yourself to be something more than talk