JB rugged case received

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got my JB rugged case and have to say some things. First thought, is it is pretty nice and what I wanted it for. I filled it up and turned it upside down shaking it, nothing moved. AWESOME!! My only worry is I hope it isn't too tight! Lol My ONLY concern is the zipper running up the one side of the outer material. I dunno what the purpose of it is as there is no clasp. I just hope the teeth don't come apart! Another strong feature I love of it is the rubber piece on the bottom. If you have ever set your soft case down on wet carpet without your knowledge, you will appreciate this like I do. My tips were ruined at a state tournament!!! Grrrrrr.....That won't happen again now! All in all I am very happy with this case and it is all I have read they are. Now to add my accessories and wait to go play asap!

P.s. Mine is a 4x8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Brian_08

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have the ultimate interior he offers? (or is that now standard?) Any pictures? I'm looking at buying a 4x8 ultimate rugged as well...

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure what the interior is but it's very tight. No pics yet. But one, you will be very satisfied guaranteed Brian!

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too wondered about the zipper along the side. I think that is how they finish the outer around the inner tube while keeping a super tight fit. Stitching would require a little slack and there is no slack in this fit. My guess is the interior and exterior are attached but the exterior has one side open. The interior is slipped in the tube, the exterior is wrapped around the tube, and then zipped for a super tight fit. Zipper pull is then removed and the bottom is finished off and base installed. Just a guess on my part.

Brian_08

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure what the interior is but it's very tight. No pics yet. But one, you will be very satisfied guaranteed Brian!

Cool thanks. Look forward to seeing pictures of the one you ordered. I am VERY excited to pick my JB rugged case up at SBE. :thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I too wondered about the zipper along the side. I think that is how they finish the outer around the inner tube while keeping a super tight fit. Stitching would require a little slack and there is no slack in this fit. My guess is the interior and exterior are attached but the exterior has one side open. The interior is slipped in the tube, the exterior is wrapped around the tube, and then zipped for a super tight fit. Zipper pull is then removed and the bottom is finished off and base installed. Just a guess on my part.

I wish it were that easy. The zipper is used to make the seam but it's done before the skin is sleeved onto the tube. We go through a lot of broken fingernails to put these on tightly. We did try to zip it last but that didn't work too well for various reasons.

It takes 2-3 people to put the skin over the tube. Strong people.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not meaning to hijack but didn't feel the need to start another thread with the same title.

I just received mine last week and it's the nuts. For the money I don't really see how you could do any better. I got a 3x5 for about the same money as my Porper 3x6. The only regret I have is not getting the top handle. I didn't realize how much I used it until I didn't have one.

Thanks, John.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using my Rugged 3x4/2x5 for the past year or so; It does everything I need and want it to do. By mid summer, I see myself with at least one more JB rugged. If that doesn't speak for these cases, I don't know what will.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
i have also been using my rugged case for about a year now and i love it..

i like it so much i now have three of them and stopped using all my other cases..

chris

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I just sent John an order for a Tricked Out 3 x 4 Choclete Brown Rugged, and am waiting to get it in 3-4 weeks. John U-tube about the Rugged, and it features sold me.

I love my JBCases 2 x 4 Masonite, (pictured below) but wanted a lighter Cue Case as I am having Rotator Problems in both shoulders.

No the Masonite is NSF, I just want a another 2 x 4, and the Rugged 2 x 5, with the customer Features I ask for should sever me very well.

Plus the Rugged is IMHO a lot of band for the buck, and IMHO is is bargain priced. Koop's comments about the Top Handle said to me I am glad I ordered a Top Handle

poQet trainer

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Silver Member
My JB was customized, all black with the top brown and leather top with flag, love it, my pockets are the largest that fit on the case. My only regret was not asking to put my own idea for a top pocket, which features a two section part with the zippers opening from the top. oh well, his wife took ten pictures of it and he'll be stealing it soon, which Im not accusing him of anything bc he said in his video that he will steal others ideas, Im gonna ask to give me credit for it and name the pocket after me:thumbup: He hit a sweet spot with these cases, cheap to buy and they seem very durable with a great interior, give the guy credit, he is currently the best case maker out there in regards to protection. JMO.

Attachments

• jb case 003.jpg
    jb case 003.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,850
  • jb case 001.jpg
    jb case 001.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,865

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you with a rugged - I just ordered one and asked for wave-style pockets because JB had mentioned he wanted to try that. I want to make sure I can fit a cue ball and I'd like the largest feasible pockets - for example I'd like to be able to fit one of those large q-claw cue holders that you put on a table and lean your cues against. Any suggestions to make sure I get the pockets I want?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Any suggestions to make sure I get the pockets I want?

Communication on the Rugged Order from so you intention are as CLEAR as Gin to John, plus I am sure you will get a e-mail from John or his assistant to make sure they understand your wants.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheers cowboy - yeah it's been over a week but I know JB has been busy with other things. ;)

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
When I need to carry a extra cue ball, I like to put it in where you put your cues, it fits perfect inside the 2x5 3/4 case... Then I use the lid to cover it.. I like putting it there because it eliminates needing a bulky pocket ..

Also I keep a 3 cue , cue claw in the bottom long pocket, it fits in there, if the pocket was a hair wider it would be perfect but no complaints here, does everything I need it to do..

Your best bet is to order a custom one that was you get everything you want..

Chris

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I need to carry a extra cue ball, I like to put it in where you put your cues, it fits perfect inside the 2x5 3/4 case... Then I use the lid to cover it.. I like putting it there because it eliminates needing a bulky pocket ..

Also I keep a 3 cue , cue claw in the bottom long pocket, it fits in there, if the pocket was a hair wider it would be perfect but no complaints here, does everything I need it to do..

Your best bet is to order a custom one that was you get everything you want..

Chris
Ah that's really interesting. Good tip.

CBW

Pool Hall Hero
Silver Member
Maybe JB can chime in on this, are the rugged case almost the same as the sterling wave case?