Reload this Page Terms for Running a Rack in 9-ball

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Terms for Running a Rack in 9-ball
Old
  (#1)
1-P

vCash:

Terms for Running a Rack in 9-ball - 04-24-2003, 05:45 PM

On Ralph Souquet's site, he uses the term "Ace" to mean running the rack in 9-ball. For example he says "I won 11-7 with 5 aces. I'm making the assumption he means 5 break & runs and not that he made the 9 on the break 5 times.

Are there other terms that are used, locally or otherwise, to indicate running a complete rack. I can't think of any others except run-out but a run-out can be from any ball and does not mean you ran the rack.

Just wondering?

1-P

Old
  (#2)
Battleready

vCash:

04-24-2003, 08:01 PM

You probely already know this one but ;

Packs

"I won 7-5 and ran a 4pack on the end."

Cheers.

Old
  (#3)
weelie
AzB Bronze Member
weelie is a splendid one to beholdweelie is a splendid one to beholdweelie is a splendid one to beholdweelie is a splendid one to beholdweelie is a splendid one to beholdweelie is a splendid one to beholdweelie is a splendid one to behold

vCash: 500

04-25-2003, 02:23 AM

In snooker they talk about clearences.

The "ace" on Souquet's site must originate from German language... are there any Germans/Austrians here?

Seven days without practice makes one weak.

Old
  (#4)
hustlefinger
hustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond reputehustlefinger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-25-2003, 04:23 AM

Yeah… I got lucky – is normally what I say.

To add to Battleready’s definition, Packs are associated with stringing several break and runs together. 4 packs are good, 6 packs are great and 12 packs are just awesome.

Locally I’ve also heard amongst some Arab nationalities say jokingly - “Iran Iraq” after running a rack.

Rick

Old
  (#5)
slow_moe

vCash:

04-25-2003, 04:41 AM

One the rare ocassions I run a rack or two, all I ever hear is sh** or S.O.B.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: