Who decides????

Status
Not open for further replies.

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
You don't have a clue....Go back to playing mechanic and leave this to the professional.:grin:

I don't think I've ever even said or implied that I try to play/be a mechanic! I don't want to be a mechanic. I'm quite happy in the job I currently have. I'm just someone who loves the game and I believe learning as much as possible about the equipment you play on makes you a better player. I'm also someone who is a bastion of "useless" trivia. So, I do from time to time find myself able to answer peoples questions because I've seen/read/etc/etc/etc at some point before. I also love to fact check things.

Edit: Just saw your comment on rereading :)

Brian

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I don't think I've ever even said or implied that I try to play/be a mechanic! I don't want to be a mechanic. I'm quite happy in the job I currently have. I'm just someone who loves the game and I believe learning as much as possible about the equipment you play on makes you a better player. I'm also someone who is a bastion of "useless" trivia. So, I do from time to time find myself able to answer peoples questions because I've seen/read/etc/etc/etc at some point before. I also love to fact check things.

Brian

Brian,
I had posted to quickly and I edited my post even before you had posted this. I should have read it instead of glancing over it. Sorry:embarrassed2:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You said you were a vietnam vet on this thread and then followed up with ERA after I called you on it

Called me on it? Called me on WHAT?

Here's a quote from the governement:

Vietnam Era veteran is a phrase used to describe someone who served in the armed forces of participating countries during the Vietnam War. The term has been used to describe veterans who were in the armed forces of South Vietnam, the United States armed forces, and countries allied to them, whether or not they were actually stationed in Vietnam during their service. However, the more common usage distinguishes between those who served "in country" and those who did not actually serve in Vietnam by referring to the "in country" veterans as "Vietnam veterans" and the others as "Vietnam era veterans". The U.S. government officially refers to all as "Vietnam era veterans".[1]

Find a lie in anything I have posted.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I did, you lied about me telling you and others according to you that I said I served in Viet Nam...couldn't have been a bigger lie than that!

I was in his shop when the chop box was built. I know who's Idea that was. ROB's

Wrong, Mark Gregory has used a chop-saw box for years...and I don't use one at all...sorry. The fact that I don't place the back of my rails up against the chop saw fence should tell you something, I don't even have a box on my saw:rolleyes:

You are very intelligent. You have good ideas of your own. This thread was written so you might back off and let others post Ideas with some freedom of expression without fear of getting called a hack if the idea or work wasn't executed to perfection.

What, like Rob's best tooling in the world to rebuild sub-rails? Does he rebuild rails better than you do...now? Where do you take your rails to when they need rebuilding...to Rob...or do you now rebuild them yourself? Where did you learn that from?

You may argue my point but I have a lot of private messages thanking me for this post. I have even more phone calls. I have been in many conversations in the last year about you and how you act on the forum. Many of them " your mechanics" I don't talk I act. You can think what you want about me. I delivered you a message on the playground where your the bully. You have done nothing short of proving me right.[/

Just what have YOU done to help improve this industry? How many mechanic's have YOU taken the time to teach how to be better mechanic's?

Here's a message for you...and your friends...I'm not happy with this industry and the standards that have been set forth in the past by so called "Professional" table mechanics...so much so, that I'm hell bent on changing this industry...with..or without your help...as I've already stated!
As fatboy would say..."either your on the train, or you're under it...PICK a side"! I also told you I would not train another table mechanic in your area to have the same skills you now have....did I lie about that?

When someone in Phoenix, AZ wants their rails rebuilt....are you going to go do the work....because you think I should stop at only 4 table mechanics in this country knowing how to do the work you now are capable of doing?

How about in other countries....don't they deserve this kind of training? Do you honestly think for one second...that any table mechanic that I train to do what you now can do...is going to spread it around to everyone else in their area?

I told you, yep...I'm Bully, and will continue to be one....until I no longer feel I have to be...and that'll be when this industry has gotten on the right path of being real, qualified....table mechanics. I've given about 28 years of my life to this line of work...how long have you given?

Glen

Mongoose

Banned
You wouldn't know how to do that if it came up and bit you in your ass, you can work a pool table for a week, but you sure as hell don't know how to charge accordingly. If we all went out and "GAVE THE CUSTOMER THEIR MONEY'S WORTH" we wouldn't be in business and you would have to work on ALL the pool tables in the country. I'm sure you could travel city to city creating your clones, as you have, but they will learn your can't make money by being a transient.

I have a great idea I will slap together a pool hall consisting of a $hit load of P.O.S gc's and you can come and fix them for how about $800?

By the way go whine to Wilson some more Glen, you can erase Docnonymous, this one, and many more, you can't stop me from saying what needs to be said. I am sure you have countless PM's to WILSON *****ing and screaming to have this whole thread, your dirty laundry, permanently deleted. It's funny how you can't take the heat, the reason you will not see my name on this thread is that it makes all of us look bad, but needs to be said.

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
Vietnam Combat Veteran's son

I am the proud son of a Vietnam Combat Veteran. He served 2 tours 1st/9th ,Air Cav, Bravo troop 1968-69. He was a gunner on a scout loach.

I had the Honor of burying him at ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY in November 2007. He was only 58 years old.

"ENJOY EVERY DAY, LIKE IT MIGHT BE YOUR LAST" he used to tell me.
"Don't sweat the small shit"

Vietnam Combat Veterans are starting to drop like flies all over the country from cancers caused by various toxins they were exposed to.

I'm way outta my league here dealing with all of you who served, but could we please start maybe a new thread and talk about Veterans and their service with a little more pride and without all the negative. I realize that I have no grounds for that request, its your fight but I couldn't stand it anymore.

I've learned alot about pool table work from many people on this site, but this thread has left me feeling sick about something I have much pride about.

My best to all

Gordon Graham
Las Vegas
425-275-8255

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You wouldn't know how to do that if it came up and bit you in your ass, you can work a pool table for a week, but you sure as hell don't know how to charge accordingly. If we all went out and "GAVE THE CUSTOMER THEIR MONEY'S WORTH" we wouldn't be in business and you would have to work on ALL the pool tables in the country. I'm sure you could travel city to city creating your clones, as you have, but they will learn your can't make money by being a transient.

I have a great idea I will slap together a pool hall consisting of a $hit load of P.O.S gc's and you can come and fix them for how about $800?

By the way go whine to Wilson some more Glen, you can erase Docnonymous, this one, and many more, you can't stop me from saying what needs to be said. I am sure you have countless PM's to WILSON *****ing and screaming to have this whole thread, your dirty laundry, permanently deleted. It's funny how you can't take the heat, the reason you will not see my name on this thread is that it makes all of us look bad, but needs to be said.

Red already...what a shame:rolleyes:

The Turk

A Level Above Pool Tables
Silver Member
realkingcobra;279791 . Glen[/QUOTE said:
Mark has not used the box for years. I told him about the disc for sanding.
further more I have a picture of your chop box. You just sent the same one to Mark. Tell me I'm Lying now. I have the jig and everything. Deny this. Another mechanic from here has the pick as well. Another lie! Mark and I talk often. I just looked in my photo file and I have pics of the chop saw. jigs and all. Its your truck. Man you can't keep anything strait. Guys you have trained even know this. They read this. Your lucky I have some patience or I'd post the pics.

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
I'm not too sure what's going on here, or who put who up to what, I don't think that the comments or concerns should have went down the way they did....everything we worked to build up here on the site working together to better our selfs and others in many angles of the pool world in the mechanics section is kinda crumbling today....every time a person that is trying to advance in something there is always somebody to try to chop them at the knees and slow em down..we need to become stronger not weaker...only blame your selfs, our lifes will only be what me make of it, we can be or do just about anything we set our minds to..if we focused all of our thoughts and visions on a positive goal there is no doubt it can be reached...but it takes a lot of effort!!!. I'm only interested in moving forward and living life from what I have learned in the past, I hope everyones new year is a good one...
-

TableTek

Silver Member
I love this! Glen, you fell for bait and you aren't even smart enough to know. I wonder how far past your ability ill be in ten years. You remember me calling your "accuracy " out in Jersey with pat and Bob. You have no idea how precise things can be if your still sanding facings freehand on a tablesaw. My fixture isn't perfect but it is more accurate then your limited education can handle. The difference between us is you think you have reached the top so you need to portray that to sell yourself. I never said I have all the answers, but I am still improving as a mechanic and businessman. Don't you have an igloo to build? Gonna be a cold retirement if you don't come up with a backup plan. I hope Iwan happens on this too..

As far as apologies go, I asked for opinions. Nothing wrong there, I do appreciate all sides. Funny thing about being caught in a lie.. Foolish

Rob
WWW.tabletek.net

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Mark has not used the box for years. I told him about the disc for sanding.
further more I have a picture of your chop box. You just sent the same one to Mark. Tell me I'm Lying now. I have the jig and everything. Deny this. Another mechanic from here has the pick as well. Another lie! Mark and I talk often. I just looked in my photo file and I have pics of the chop saw. jigs and all. Its your truck. Man you can't keep anything strait. Guys you have trained even know this. They read this. Your lucky I have some patience or I'd post the pics.

Bob, you need to back off buddy...the picture I sent you was not of a box....look at it again, and I sent it to you as a way of giving you an idea you might apreciate....but, I guess not...no problem. Go ahead Bob...POST the pictures...please do;) Oh, and by the way, I've been using the sanding disk for more than 20 years...who did you learn about it from?;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I love this! Glen, you fell for bait and you aren't even smart enough to know. I wonder how far past your ability ill be in ten years. You remember me calling your "accuracy " out in Jersey with pat and Bob. You have no idea how precise things can be if your still sanding facings freehand on a tablesaw. My fixture isn't perfect but it is more accurate then your limited education can handle. The difference between us is you think you have reached the top so you need to portray that to sell yourself. I never said I have all the answers, but I am still improving as a mechanic and businessman. Don't you have an igloo to build? Gonna be a cold retirement if you don't come up with a backup plan. I hope Iwan happens on this too..

As far as apologies go, I asked for opinions. Nothing wrong there, I do appreciate all sides. Funny thing about being caught in a lie.. Foolish

Rob
WWW.tabletek.net

Are you dumb or what...what you posted in the Main forum is NOT pool related...was it? Asking for opinions belongs in the NPR forum. There's already been post made in the main forum commenting on it not belonging there....and that YOU posted it for the purpose of trying to make me look bad in front of other Vets...well, your little kids game didn't work the way you'd hoped it would...so, you really need to man up and correct what you did....and to think...you haven't even tried to serve your country...while so many others have....I guess you were to good to do something like that....isn't that right;)

The Turk

A Level Above Pool Tables
Silver Member
I though a lot about this thread last night. Man many phone calls and some PM's. I remember a movie quote I feel applies. "People thirst for leadership and in the abscense of true leadership they will drink the sand" " they drink the sand because they don't know any better". Glenn you possess a great mind and a vivid imagination. Your inventive abilities are second to no one. I applaud your efforts, though I believe you have become misguided. Many mechanics feel the same way, I unfortunately had to be the fall guy. I attempted many times to convey ideas and dispute differences with you on the phone. It is nearly impossible to get a word in when we talk.
When I first met you I could not wait to talk to you or show you what I could do. It quickly became apparent that you need to pat yourself on the back for any accomplishments or break throughs others may make. I may or may not be in your class of mechanics. I leave many of my customers impressed and often exceed what was expected from me. The point? I am a product of my environment and a reflection of my peers. You are NOT the sole reason for mechanics like Mark Gregory, Pat O'Donnell , Jay Spielburg and may I dare include myself in that sentence. There are many, many others. What makes a mechanic? I think it has more to do with integrity and intestinal fortitude than anything. No tool made no amount of education can tame a hack. This is tougher work than most would believe. It's not for the weak at heart and requires passion to attempt a 100% out come day in and day out.
Sorry Pat but I have to use you as an example. Pat INSTALLS over 500 table a year. He does not cut off and replace sub-rails nor is he a refinisher. What he does? He shows up ON TIME and assembles the table in a time sensitive manner. His work area is clean and he is polite and professional on each job. You can take a picture of each and every table and post it on this forum. The rail cloth work is second to no one as well as the level of the table. All seams are bonded and the cloth work would exceed even your minimum standards. Yet you continue to remind Pat as well as his peers that he is "just an installer". I hope the guy putting the breaks on my car does his Job with the same effort. My point? Learn to have some GRACE. There is more than one way to provide great service and top notch work.

Glenn your efforts are needed in this industry. I hope you take stock of your actions in the next few days. I hope you can cool the ego and get back to Alsip. It was a pretty good start.
I am not proud of this thread. I do however believe it was needed. Many others agree. If you do not back off and give others credit this will continue. Keep your word and learn to respect others enough to show up when you say you are on the way. Everyone deserves to be valued for their time and efforts. Would it hurt you to step back and clap once in a while?

I hope somethings change. I think as many others do. You are without a doubt a great mechanic. Your ideas approach true genius. However, You need to "COBRASIZE" the rest, you could use a little work.

If you wish to continue this call me. Just remember someone else is on the other end of the phone and that I have something to say!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I though a lot about this thread last night. Man many phone calls and some PM's. I remember a movie quote I feel applies. "People thirst for leadership and in the abscense of true leadership they will drink the sand" " they drink the sand because they don't know any better". Glenn you possess a great mind and a vivid imagination. Your inventive abilities are second to no one. I applaud your efforts, though I believe you have become misguided. Many mechanics feel the same way, I unfortunately had to be the fall guy. I attempted many times to convey ideas and dispute differences with you on the phone. It is nearly impossible to get a word in when we talk.
When I first met you I could not wait to talk to you or show you what I could do. It quickly became apparent that you need to pat yourself on the back for any accomplishments or break throughs others may make. I may or may not be in your class of mechanics. I leave many of my customers impressed and often exceed what was expected from me. The point? I am a product of my environment and a reflection of my peers. You are NOT the sole reason for mechanics like Mark Gregory, Pat O'Donnell , Jay Spielburg and may I dare include myself in that sentence. There are many, many others. What makes a mechanic? I think it has more to do with integrity and intestinal fortitude than anything. No tool made no amount of education can tame a hack. This is tougher work than most would believe. It's not for the weak at heart and requires passion to attempt a 100% out come day in and day out.
Sorry Pat but I have to use you as an example. Pat INSTALLS over 500 table a year. He does not cut off and replace sub-rails nor is he a refinisher. What he does? He shows up ON TIME and assembles the table in a time sensitive manner. His work area is clean and he is polite and professional on each job. You can take a picture of each and every table and post it on this forum. The rail cloth work is second to no one as well as the level of the table. All seams are bonded and the cloth work would exceed even your minimum standards. Yet you continue to remind Pat as well as his peers that he is "just an installer". I hope the guy putting the breaks on my car does his Job with the same effort. My point? Learn to have some GRACE. There is more than one way to provide great service and top notch work.

Glenn your efforts are needed in this industry. I hope you take stock of your actions in the next few days. I hope you can cool the ego and get back to Alsip. It was a pretty good start.
I am not proud of this thread. I do however believe it was needed. Many others agree. If you do not back off and give others credit this will continue. Keep your word and learn to respect others enough to show up when you say you are on the way. Everyone deserves to be valued for their time and efforts. Would it hurt you to step back and clap once in a while?

I hope somethings change. I think as many others do. You are without a doubt a great mechanic. Your ideas approach true genius. However, You need to "COBRASIZE" the rest, you could use a little work.

If you wish to continue this call me. Just remember someone else is on the other end of the phone and that I have something to say!

:thumbup2::clapping::clapping::clapping:Great post.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Are you retarded? You DIDN'T SAY "ERA" UNTIL YOU GOT CAUGHT.

Piss-off buddy, I served my country, I was active duty during Viet Nam, were you?..I spent 9 years active duty...how long have you spent on active duty? "in country" or "not in country" is the only real thing that separates Viet Nam veterans....asshole...so to simplify it for dumb-shits like you...they called everyone who served during the Viet Nam war...."Viet Nam Era Veterans"....get over it....I got caught serving my country....and nothing else!!

QuickEdward

Silver Member
Piss-off buddy, I served my country, I was active duty during Viet Nam, were you?..I spent 9 years active duty...how long have you spent on active duty? "in country" or "not in country" is the only real thing that separates Viet Nam veterans....asshole...so to simplify it for dumb-shits like you...they called everyone who served during the Viet Nam war...."Viet Nam Era Veterans"....get over it....I got caught serving my country....and nothing else!!

No I wasn't on active duty during Viet Nam. I got a draft deferment for being an infant. I AM however a Gulf War veteran.

And yes, you served your country. Kudos to you for doing so. Since 99.44% of the troops had been withdrawn by the time you enlisted, it's pretty logical that you weren't "in country".

Last edited:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Quickedward, you're cruising toward a ban at warp speed.

Get off the topic and onto pool because it will get uglier in here if this continues any longer.

Glen, clean the language up now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.