Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Humble Pie at the Mosconi Cup
Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-02-2019, 04:05 AM

At one point someone near the crowd shouted while he was set and about to shoot. That pissed him off.

Old
  (#47)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-02-2019, 04:23 AM

Like him or not, the matches I most looked forward to seeing were Filler's. His talent is unquestionable.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#48)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Sure, a game he doesn't play.

Let Dennis play Ronnie O some snooker, since you want to be silly.
Lol exactly

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#49)
pinkspider
Crap user name, I know.
pinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond reputepinkspider has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 07:45 AM

actually i hope he doesnt change and continues to wear his heart on his sleeve. its more meaningful for him to be passionate and provocative and be able to take losses on the chin have a good cry or whatever and come back for more of the same. thats the mark of true confidence and not arrogance

Old
  (#50)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
Like him or not, the matches I most looked forward to seeing were Filler's. His talent is unquestionable.
His record in single play was 18-6. 5-0, 5-0, 5-1 and 3-5.

He basically ran over us but the thing people will remember is Sky beating him 5-3 to win the cup.

He is a great player with tons of firepower. The question moving forward is whether or not he will continue to improve. He has overshadowed Shaw in the last year or so.

Old
  (#51)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Maybe #1 in the World 9 ball.. tell you
what, Filler vs Dennis, One Pocket head to
head, putting up their own money.. Iíll
bet on Robocop all day long.
Last time they played 10 ball for cash Filler beat Dennis 13-5. Dennis immediately unscrewed. No negotiating to play again or anything which I thought was odd.

Old
  (#52)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

12-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
Last time they played 10 ball for cash Filler beat Dennis 13-5. Dennis immediately unscrewed. No negotiating to play again or anything which I thought was odd.

Filler also beat Orcullo in late night action during the International. They played two sets, both won easily by Filler. I didn't watch but heard about the match the next morning from someone who did watch it.

Old
  (#53)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk

12-02-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Filler also beat Orcullo in late night action during the International. They played two sets, both won easily by Filler. I didn't watch but heard about the match the next morning from someone who did watch it.
That was what I saw. From your statement I only caught the second set. That makes more sense.

Old
  (#54)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-02-2019, 12:46 PM

Low500...You DO understand that the "body slam" comment was a reference to the WWE don't you? Certainly not a physical threat to anyone! IMO, your reading comprehension is seriously lacking.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
Maybe Filler knows how to take care of himself and might just kick somebody in the nuts and then gouge their eyes with a pencil if they tried that 'tough guy' routine on him?
Whatta' ya going to do....sucker punch him when he isn't looking? Then someone else sucker punches you with a pool stick to the side of your head. Then someone stabs the guy with the pool stick. Then 3 or 4 pistols come out blazing away endangering everyone. That's how it escalates.
Violence has no place at these events. Leave that to the NFL thugs.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#55)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
Hadnít heard about that one..
alrighty then.

Old
  (#56)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 04:03 PM

Nah heard Dennis lost to Filler in Vegas on a short race and wanted a second set. Filler said no go b/c he had dinner plans with his wife.

Old
  (#57)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2019, 05:41 AM

I wasn’t bothered by it all honestly.. It was Mosconi cup fun and it’s what makes this event so special. I wish we could see a little more of it. Maybe it will get more people to watch pool. We need some people to show emotion and fire up the crowd a bit. In this day and age with all the entertainment options guys quietly potting balls isn’t going to get it done

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#58)
buckshotshoey
AzB Silver Member
buckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
I wasnít bothered by it all honestly.. It was Mosconi cup fun and itís what makes this event so special. I wish we could see a little more of it. Maybe it will get more people to watch pool. We need some people to show emotion and fire up the crowd a bit. In this day and age with all the entertainment options guys quietly potting balls isnít going to get it done
Agreed. But we can shoot back. Put Earl on the team. Nobody will pay any attention to Filler! Lol

Playing cue...OB17EMW OB1+ shaft.Everest tip
Playing cue...Predator Icon 1-1 ... 314-2 shaft
Morri hard tip
Playing cue...Viking Millennium (VM25)
Everest tip
Jump/break...Players S-PJB5

"Second place is just another way of saying FIRST PLACE LOSER"

Old
  (#59)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2019, 11:05 PM

Anyone who thinks Filler doesn't stand a good chance of beating Shane gambling doesn't know too much about pool. He straight up had Shane dogging it, and if that happens early in a long race, Shane could be the one to get blown out, and not the other way around. He has great 9 ball AND 10 ball breaks... Extremely controlled cut break in 9 ball, and dead perfect impact and squatting back about a foot from the rack, dead middle of the table in 10 ball. And he shoots WAY straighter than Shane. Shane gets it done, but he always looks like he's fighting his own stroke on the shots most demanding of good execution. Filler simply seems to never feel any pressure, or if he does, for a game or two before he flips the switch.

I think that 13-5 score against Dennis O. is prolly indicative of what's really up between the two players, and I guarantee you Filler has absolutely no fear of Shane in 9 ball, and it would only be backers getting in the way of them matching up in 10 ball.

I get the rah rah USA stuff, but Shane is the product of work ethic, and Filler is the product of Earl-level talent PLUS work ethic. If Filler sticks with the game, he'll eclipse Shane's career in the end.

Old
  (#60)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 03:13 AM

Here's my prediction. Filler can beat any one of these guys but he can't beat them all! If he continues to play top players they will eventually wear him out. He could play all the 9-Ball he wanted if he traveled to the Philippines or Taiwan. They would line up to play him and at some point they would wear him out.

If he's smart (and I think he is) he will continue to pick his spots and only play when he's ready. His wife is pretty sharp too from what I can see. In other words you can get too much of a good thing. He would be foolish to wear himself out playing too many big money matches against tough opposition.

Dennis O. has probably been the most prolific big money player the last few years and even he gets burned out on occasions and has a bad match. He went home this last time for that very reason. He told me he was tired and needed a break from pool.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: