Fargo rating help needed
Old
  (#1)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

Fargo rating help needed - 12-02-2019, 11:54 AM

How do you establish a Fargo rating?

What steps are used by the operators of this system?

Thanks

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#2)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-02-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lindstrom View Post

Thanks

Kevin
Typically tournaments in Challonge are used if the final score for each match is posted in bracket and Fargo is aware of the tournament. League scores can also be submitted.

Old
  (#3)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 12:17 PM

If they were handicapped events, could the results be used for Fargorate?

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#4)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks

Kevin
Here is some light reading to help you get caught up.
https://www.fargorate.com/

I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Player: Lucasi w/ Cynergy
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Old
  (#5)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-02-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks

Kevin
FargoRate has league system software and matches played with that go straight into the ratings.

I see you are running a 14.1 league. I don't think FargoRate handles 14.1 right now -- just rack-scored games like 8-, 9-, and 10-ball.

In general, FargoRate takes results from as many reliable sources as possible, such as all the match scores from big tournaments and those leagues that use the LMS. An unreliable source would be something like a self-reported private match.

Lots more info on the website.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#6)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

12-02-2019, 12:42 PM

Thanks guys I will have a look at the website.

I was curious as to how my Fargo rating was established since the only tournament that I play in is at the Super Billiards expo. It is my guess that Hopkins submits these results and that is how I received a rating.

Outside of that I have no idea how I would have been rated.

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#7)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 01:20 PM

-K-

I had the same conversation with the fella that was running most of the tourney last week at the Lancaster Elks. As you know he also assists with the SBE tourney.

He told me that results were sent to Fargo rates for 3 years. The actual score sheets were packaged up and sent, which really surprised me. I thought they had some sort of online entry that was maybe tied into the bracket software. Individual match score sheets being sent halfway across the country for manual entry. Wow.

I played in the seniors 2017-2018 and 2016-2017 but I don't have a Fargo rate. I bet my scoresheets were like chicken scratch, and could not be read for entry.

The SBE is my only big tourney I play in anymore too.

Quote:

I was curious as to how my Fargo rating was established since the only tournament that I play in is at the Super Billiards expo. It is my guess that Hopkins submits these results and that is how I received a rating.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#8)
inside_english
AzB Silver Member
inside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:

Kevin,
The website has a FAQ that should answer most of your questions. You can also contact the creators directly via email and they will respond. They responded to my questions in a couple of days. Good luck.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: