Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Roys looking for matches for Filler
Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-03-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
swimming avatar guy?
I forgot his avatar but he's SC5Thom, Thomas Scott from Texas having fun on Facebook.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 12-03-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Old
  (#32)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-04-2019, 12:42 AM

Filler has issues with being down and coming back. In other words, HE DOESN'T LOSE WELL.

Anyone that's ever played any sport at a high level knows that the very first thing you learn is:

How to handle defeat so it doesn't wreck your chances of coming back from behind after you slip and your opponent capitalizes on that slip.

Filler's lack of experience with losing would be a huge liability to him and his backers in a looonnngggg race with a well-rounded SEASONED champion at their best.

You know what we call people that lack the ability to handle a big hit that shakes them? Well, we call em front runners.

Was Efren a front runner? Hell no. He was waayyy down and came back to beat the Pearl.

I just dont see young Filler being a killer in that setting. What I do see is Filler tearing up and needing a hug.

Filler best stay with the other 99% of the pros and 9 ball. He won't like it with SVB's 10 ball game in a long grinding match. IMO, Filler couldn't handle the ups and downs.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#33)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
I forgot his avatar but he's SC5Thom, Thomas Scott from Texas having fun on Facebook.
Is SC5Thom the guy with the swimming avi?

I thought that guy went by Gypsy...or Gypsy-something???

The guy I'm talking about Wolfs at most everyone when action is mentioned.

Just curious.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#34)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Is SC5Thom the guy with the swimming avi?

I thought that guy went by Gypsy...or Gypsy-something???

The guy I'm talking about Wolfs at most everyone when action is mentioned.

Just curious.

Jeff
that's it! gypsy-soul

internet bravado at its funniest

Old
  (#35)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Not likely. Filler will pay Shane all day long at nine ball, the primary competitive game in the world of pro pool, and the game which pros must focus on to earn a living at pool.

According to previous posts, Shane isn't interested in playing Filler high-stakes nine ball. Can't say I blame him, as in the past eighteen months, Shane has rarely finished higher than Filller in the most elite nine ball events.
9-Ball may be the primary tournament game but it is definitely not the primary money game for the top players. As we both know, Ten Ball is a little more difficult and thus a better test of skill among the very best players. That's about as simple as I can make it.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#36)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Not likely. Filler will pay Shane all day long at nine ball, the primary competitive game in the world of pro pool, and the game which pros must focus on to earn a living at pool.

According to previous posts, Shane isn't interested in playing Filler high-stakes nine ball. Can't say I blame him, as in the past eighteen months, Shane has rarely finished higher than Filller in the most elite nine ball events.
Filler can play some seriously good 10 ball....he was runner up to Chang on the 10 foot table Bigfoot 10 ball at DCC. He was also runner up to little Ko and the world 10 ball this year.
You and I have discussed in other threads that this kid has had success all over the planet in the last two years more than any other pool playerís 2 years in any era.

He is a remarkable player, and world #1... why not play Shane now at 10 ball when heís finished higher than Shane in the big 2019 10 ball tournaments?
I think if Joshua responded with a sure to the 10 ball but in 5 separate races to 20...that would have added a nice twist to Shaneís offer to make it more palatable to Filler.

Old
  (#37)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
You cant be serious
The kid can flat out play. Iíve been in awe at him and the successful 2018/2019 he had..
He called out Shane after that second Mosconi match and declared himself the new king.
He must have known the offer was coming in 10 ball which is Shaneís game, and Joshua has finished higher in 2019 10 ball Bigfoot and world championships than Shane.

Yes, this backdown was out of Fillerís resume until today.
This is not insignificant when a player says heís the new king.

And I think he could take Shane at best of 5 race to 20 10 ball. He just took on three top USA players in Mosconi and won 18 -6! The kid is on fire!

So disappointing he is not playing Shane.

Old
  (#38)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarsMan View Post
As long as Shane could make sure that every ball is frozen he would play Filler with a neutral racker.

Most people have no idea that all anyone wants in 10 ball is a tight rack, gaps don't help you make a ball or get more action.

Filler knows he can't break and run 45% of the 10 ball racks, Shane can and does consistently with and without him racking.

How about trying to find someone to stake Filler with a neutral racker using a template and the players can complain if all the balls are not froze.

Good Luck!

Why not have them play best 2 out of 3 sets (races to 50).

Set 1 - 10ball, RYO

Set 2 - 9ball, RYO

Set 3 (if needed) - can be decided by the player that is up the most games.

Sets 1 and 2 can both be for $25k, with an additional $50k for the person that wins the whole thing.

So if you win the first two sets, you would get a total of $100k. But if you win the first and third set, then you would get $75k and your opponent would get $25k

Thoughts?

Old
  (#39)
Catalin
AzB Silver Member
Catalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Shane is awesome, but count me for one who would bet on Filler to win playing even 10 ball. Filler turning down that game takes him down a peg from legend status in my mind. Back to reality

Thanks Mars for trying to make a game. That would have been a hell of a match!
What about Shane turning down 9 ball? You people seem to be missing that point.

Julian

Old
  (#40)
Catalin
AzB Silver Member
Catalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond reputeCatalin has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman View Post
So guy wins a race to 5 and self proclaims himself as the king but won't play Shane race to 100 10b for big cash.
Shane won't play him 9 ball either. So?

Julian

Old
  (#41)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
As far as i know , Filler might think he wants to play 10 ball but Royís group isnít running to that game and Mars has posted thatís what they are looking for
I donít know when 10 ball all of a sudden took over as the gold standard from 9 ball thatís long been that for decades,, itís clear to me itís because of Shaneís break where he has the decided advantage
So thatís telling me that in 9 ball where the break is more even they donít want any part of that or Mars would have said that in his post

If these two monsters are really serious about playing each other, seems like the obvious solution is for them to alternate sets with each player getting their choice every other set to play the game they desire to play - playing an even total number of sets, be at 2, 4, 6, 8 or whatever, playing the exact same length of race each set and playing for the exact same $ amount each set.

Old
  (#42)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalin View Post
What about Shane turning down 9 ball? You people seem to be missing that point.

Julian
The problem is Shane doesn't really care if he gets action or not. Whoever challenges him has to meet his demands or there is no game. Shane feels he has an edge playing 10 ball on a standard diamond table so it is that or no action.

Fargo says it doesn't matter what game is being played. 824 is 824 whether it be 9 ball, 10 ball etc. The pros seem to not agree in this instance

Earl made some interesting comments before he played Shane on the 10 footer. He said the size of the table and pockets would lead to Shane getting less free games and evening the playing field.

I believe in 9 ball they both would get a lot of free games but it wouldn't be one sided in Shane's favor like 10 ball.

Josh shoots straighter than Shane but Shane has more experience and is more well rounded than Josh.

Old
  (#43)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
12-04-2019, 06:54 AM

I wouldnt assign too much reality or indication of future outcomes to what happened at the mosconi cup.

Races are obviously insanely short and the dialogue is likely about as real as professional wrestling's.

Not that they aren't trying to win, but it is a show.

Old
  (#44)
Mole Eye
AzB Silver Member
Mole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond reputeMole Eye has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 07:00 AM

I doubt either player is afraid of the other, in either game. They are negotiating, and the point of negotiating is to get the best format for yourself. Plus, I doubt Filler is backing out of ten ball. That's probably his backer, who just got burned in a 10 ball match with SVB. Once burned, twice learned.

Old
  (#45)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 07:33 AM

So for now Shane is the King of 10 ball and Filler the King of 9 ball. I guess

Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: