Your opinions and comments please...

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a pool table (Gold Crown IV) on EBay on Feb.21st. I paid $3500 for the table and accessories. I live in New York and the table was in *********. I hired a pool table mechanic who just happened to be in the ******* area to disassemble, transport the table back to New York and reassemble it in my home. This person instructed me to deposit $******* into his checking account which I did the next morning (he emailed me the account # at his bank). $3500 was to be given to the eBay seller when he picked up the table (which he did) and the remaining $******* was his fee for disassembly, transport to New York and reassembly in my home. When the person whom I bought the pool table from asked him how soon he would be dropping it off at my place, he said “in about 2 weeks”. The person said he had to make a couple stops along the way to my home. I am still waiting for his arrival. I have contacted him approximately 10 times since then and I have just got promises after promises concerning delivery. My patience is starting to run out. By law, how long can this person keep my table and accessories on his truck? I feel that the pool table mechanic is honest and trustworthy but I believe waiting this long for my table is totally unprofessional and leaves a bad image on pool table mechanics and the pool industry in general.

Any comments, opinions or advice will be appreciated.

Still waiting in New York

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

I might know who ur talking about' if it is who I think it is.....Be patient my friend'. YODA is very busy, trust me! Ur waiting is gonna be well worth it, your gonna be happy when its all said n done,
Relax, ur in good hands
-
Rob.M

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Yeah the "In about 2 weeks" gave it away. The person you're talking about is VERY trustworthy. The problem you're facing is that when he is on a job in ****town, working on a table, if that table needs more work than expected, he does what is needed to leave that table perfect. He won't leave a job not done right. So then while he's at that location taking longer on that job than what he though he would, he gets 20 more calls for people wanting work done. Some of those are between where he is and where he is going, so he has a hard time telling people "No, I can't work on your table when I'm coming right through your town." so he takes on that job and makes that table perfect too.

Trust that he is working his way to you and every table along the way is set up to perfection. When he gets to your place, you can be confident you will get the same treatment. He won't leave until the table is perfect.

T-Dawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I`am sure Josh is correct and the stops between A and B help keep the cost down and everyone happy,as long as you trust the Tek and realize he`s a travelling tek and the closer the jobs,the less expence you are charged.I`am also waiting and yes it can be frustrating,and the what if`s ? there`s a accident,or a vehicle theft,table storage or road damage,or a heart attack,and how hard we worked for our money at minimuim wage.But listening to the friends and people that know him,thats just the way he rolls.The sooner he does your table the better,cause I`am next!

Last edited:

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might know who ur talking about' if it is who I think it is.....Be patient my friend'. YODA is very busy, trust me! Ur waiting is gonna be well worth it, your gonna be happy when its all said n done,
Relax, ur in good hands
-
Rob.M

Thanks for the reassurance Rob...Like I said I feel that I will eventually get my table but sometimes frustration does set in. To bad my friends and family don't seem to agree with me....

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah the "In about 2 weeks" gave it away. The person you're talking about is VERY trustworthy. The problem you're facing is that when he is on a job in ****town, working on a table, if that table needs more work than expected, he does what is needed to leave that table perfect. He won't leave a job not done right. So then while he's at that location taking longer on that job than what he though he would, he gets 20 more calls for people wanting work done. Some of those are between where he is and where he is going, so he has a hard time telling people "No, I can't work on your table when I'm coming right through your town." so he takes on that job and makes that table perfect too.

Trust that he is working his way to you and every table along the way is set up to perfection. When he gets to your place, you can be confident you will get the same treatment. He won't leave until the table is perfect.

Thanks Josh,

I believe everything you are telling me. I guess I kind of lost it after waiting almost 4 months and he was nearly here then he has now headed quite a distance in the opposite direction to do some work. After his last stop he promised that my home was next up on his to do list. I'm almost 67 years old and not sure how many racks I have left in me.

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I`am sure Josh is correct and the stops between A and B help keep the cost down and everyone happy,as long as you trust the Tek and realize he`s a travelling tek and the closer the jobs,the less expence you are charged.I`am also waiting and yes it can be frustrating,and the what if`s ? there`s a accident,or a vehicle theft,table storage or road damage,or a heart attack,and how hard we worked for our money at minimuim wage.But listening to the friends and people that know him,thats just the way he rolls.The sooner he does your table the better,cause I`am next!

Thanks T-Dawg for the encouragement. My blood pressure has now returned to normal.:)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks T-Dawg for the encouragement. My blood pressure has now returned to normal.:)

To show my appreciation for your paticents...as I've been up to my neck in finishing designing Diamond's 9ft straight rail billiards tables...built 4 of them at the factory...been waiting on the chance to build these tables for 11 years now...my plans are to be up to your place right after Diamond comes back of their first week of July summer vacation...as your table is at the Diamond factory right now. I have to finish what I've started with Diamond...as there's a lot riding on this project. Wish I could have made it up to your place sooner....so, to make it up to you...I'll throw in a set of Artemis cushions...and recalibrate the rails on your table to play at its very best...including the cost of the new Simonis Tour Blue 860HR cloth;) That's worth about what you paid to have the table brought out almost 3,000 miles from where it was...to where it's going;) Let me know if that works for you:D

Glen

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table works

To show my appreciation for your paticents...as I've been up to my neck in finishing designing Diamond's 9ft straight rail billiards tables...built 4 of them at the factory...been waiting on the chance to build these tables for 11 years now...my plans are to be up to your place right after Diamond comes back of their first week of July summer vacation...as your table is at the Diamond factory right now. I have to finish what I've started with Diamond...as there's a lot riding on this project. Wish I could have made it up to your place sooner....so, to make it up to you...I'll throw in a set of Artemis cushions...and recalibrate the rails on your table to play at its very best...including the cost of the new Simonis Tour Blue 860HR cloth;) That's worth about what you paid to have the table brought out almost 3,000 miles from where it was...to where it's going;) Let me know if that works for you:D

Glen
-
-
wow, that's customer appreciation'
Mr. shakey you just hit the jackpot!
-
Rob.M

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Glen

Glen....I'm sorry I had to vent my frustrations on this forum. But after the feedback I got from your colleagues concerning my thread I now feel much better. I value their input and the kind words they had for you. I never mentioned your name but it didn’t take them long to figure out who I was talking about. I guess I can wait a while longer since you waited 11 years for this project you are involved in:). A phone call from you or a PM on the AZ forum once in a while would be appreciated. Thanks for the extras that you offered. That shows your class. Take care and have a safe trip to New York.
Ron

Last edited:

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Glen....I'm sorry I had to vent my frustrations on this forum. But after the feedback I got from your colleagues concerning my thread I now feel much better. I value their input and the kind words they had for you. I never mentioned your name but it didn’t take them long to figure out who I was talking about. I guess I can wait a while longer since you waited 11 years for this project you are involved in:). A phone call from you or a PM on the AZ forum once in a while would be appreciated. Thanks for the extras that you offered. That shows your class. Take care and have a safe trip to New York.
Ron

See...He'll be there in about 2 weeks. :D

shakey91929

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No no no. Completely different. Similar, but completely different. :D

No, all B.S. aside, you can trust that your table is in good hands and will be set up to perfection when it gets there.

The only problem with a perfect table is that when I miss a shot I can't blame it on the table:wink:

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
huh?

someone was told 2 weeks and ended up waiting 4 months? why tell them 2 weeks?

T-Dawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn`t told any time frame,my table was picked up at the sellers in indianna and is at the diamond factory safe,even if I was told a time frame it wouldn`t be any sooner and not for the rate I`am paying,so I accept to sacrifice and I am getting the best.I`am hoping I`am right after Shakey as I am on Full House Arrest and find the time long.I find the installer to be honest and trustworthy and hounourable,just has to many custies to please.He is a Real Gentleman for the way he is making up for Shakeys Destress and I guess thats why they call him the Real King Cobra,can`t wait to meet him....

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To read a thread like this, first thing in the morning, is really uplifiting and makes you feel nice. What a generous gesture from the Cobra man, to right a miscue. I'm certain Shakey will be playing shortly on the best playing GC IV. All good things come in time.

Last edited: