Buying New Set of Pool Balls

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a set of Super Aramith Pro balls. Excellent balls that clean up very well with Aramith Ball Cleaner. Still look like brand new. I think that if I were buying a new set, I would buy the new Aramith Tournament Balls. I like the look of the set and they are supposedly harder. Good luck with your choice.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
buy the best you can afford
aramith super pro or brunswick centennials(made by the same company i beleive)
you can add a measles ball if you wish
the better the set the longer they last
jmho

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
buy the best you can afford
aramith super pro or brunswick centennials(made by the same company i beleive)
you can add a measles ball if you wish
the better the set the longer they last
jmho

...the longer they will last and the kinder they will be to the bed cloth, the top of the line balls being more heat resistant.

FYI, the Super Pro TV set comes standard with the measle ball But you have to like the TV set - I don't, unless I'm watching pool on TV.

GearHead_1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Sorry to have not responded sooner. I'm not getting email notifications from this site even though I have that option enabled. I think my ISP has this site black listed, they've done it on other forums for no good reason.

I picked up one of the Super Aramith Pro Sets. There was a package that had the measle cue ball as well as ball cleaner, cloth and Jim Rempe training ball. I should have these by this coming Wednesday. My felt and bumpers will also be here this week. I should have the table set up by the weekend. Looking forward to it.

DeaconBlooze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a difference between the Super Pros and the Tournaments? I've been trying to decide between these two sets for some time..

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Is there a difference between the Super Pros and the Tournaments? I've been trying to decide between these two sets for some time..

Yes. Besides the graphics, the Tournaments are now Aramith's so called top of the line ball. It alone uses their "Duramith" resin which they tout as the latest and greatest. It is said to be more durable and also cause less wear to the bed cloth. I guess they are more resistant to heat so help to reduce the effects of ball marks.

I bought a set but have not used them yet. I've heard from others they do play well and the CB plays different than the Super Pro measles or red logo ball. Some have said it is a little more difficult to draw. YMMV. :wink:

Oddly, they have disappeared from Aramith's website so I'm left wondering about the current status of the Tournaments. EDIT: The Tournament set was just moved from the regular range page where it used to be to the new products section.

Last edited:

21whiskey

Banned

Attachments

• 2020ae.jpg
    2020ae.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,000
Last edited:

patrickjuhlin

A+ Banger
Silver Member
I've had all the best sets and I am a believer in the new Aramith Tournament set that is made out of the new Duramith resin. That's what all the major tournaments are using.