Reload this Page The Legend of The Viffer
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
The Legend of The Viffer
Old
  (#1)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

The Legend of The Viffer - 11-16-2019, 09:59 PM

Found this in a poker subreddit. Thought I'd share it here. Was a fun read.

https://www.highstakesdb.com/10014-t...of-viffer.aspx

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#2)
tenfttall
AzB Silver Member
tenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond reputetenfttall has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-17-2019, 03:43 AM

David Peat also has the distinction of winning the Louie Roberts Award at DCC, an award for being in action the most for the tournament. His pool nickname is Dippy, if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-17-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfttall View Post
David Peat also has the distinction of winning the Louie Roberts Award at DCC, an award for being in action the most for the tournament. His pool nickname is Dippy, if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minor nitpick:

Dippy Dave won the Action & Entertainment Award. The award wasn’t about “most action.” The entertainment value of the action to the individual voters was the key.

Freddie <~~~ A&E needs resurrecting

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#4)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 01:24 PM

Having seen his antics in person during the SVB v Alex match in the TAR Studio, I'm glad these rare threads are all we ever hear of him anymore.

Old
  (#5)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Having seen his antics in person during the SVB v Alex match in the TAR Studio, I'm glad these rare threads are all we ever hear of him anymore.
You are always a beam of joyous light.

Old
  (#6)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 05:46 PM

Dippy Dave in DCC action about 8 years ago....
...Strong Arm John was trying to get a bet...the Dipster paid him $500 to leave....
...but he ripped it up first...

http://www.poolinaction.com/2011Tour...69418240_FgMuq

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#7)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-17-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
There are two sure-fire ways to get attention in this world, if you are a guy have lots of money, if you are a girl be hot. You can also just be loud and annoying without either of those but then you are just loud and annoying. If you combine the first with the second you get fame.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#8)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

11-17-2019, 07:37 PM

Another thoroughly disgusting human being. More garbage has spewed from his mouth than from the mouth of the Hudson river.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#9)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Another thoroughly disgusting human being. More garbage has spewed from his mouth than from the mouth of the Hudson river.
LOL. Is this guy actually a gambler, or does he just like action, win or lose? Did he get an inheritance or something that he's trying to piss away ?

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#10)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
LOL. Is this guy actually a gambler, or does he just like action, win or lose? Did he get an inheritance or something that he's trying to piss away ?
He made a ton of money during the early days of online poker. He had to have brain surgery which affected his vision. Started playing online from a hospital bed is what I was told.

I saw him play quite a bit at Pool Sharks close to ten years ago. He knew what to do on a pool table but had problems with execution. He was playing races to 8 in one pocket switching off between Corey Deuel and Gabe Owen. I believe he got 16-4 for 10k. He lost every set I watched but they were all hill hill.

I also saw quite a bit of his infamous match with Scott Frost. Don't have the time to type up what happened in that one but there are probably threads on it somewhere.

Old
  (#11)
longhorns2
AzB Silver Member
longhorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
He made a ton of money during the early days of online poker. He had to have brain surgery which affected his vision. Started playing online from a hospital bed is what I was told.

I saw him play quite a bit at Pool Sharks close to ten years ago. He knew what to do on a pool table but had problems with execution. He was playing races to 8 in one pocket switching off between Corey Deuel and Gabe Owen. I believe he got 16-4 for 10k. He lost every set I watched but they were all hill hill.

I also saw quite a bit of his infamous match with Scott Frost. Don't have the time to type up what happened in that one but there are probably threads on it somewhere.
No way that guy made his money playing poker. He had to get a huge inheritance or trust fund

he won more than most realized
Old
  (#12)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

he won more than most realized - 11-18-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post

Dave won more than most realized. He and Scott went at it for days, or nights, best I recall. Dave was/is moving in another world from pool players. I watched him drop $150,000 of his own money throwing out a silly bluff early in a poker game just to show the other players how wild he would play. A short time later he had the big stack. A freaking wild man they couldn't read with the big stack, not what the other players at the table wanted to see.

When his wild ride in pool was over with I doubt his financial swing was as large as that from many a night at the poker table. He waved all that cash at hungry pool players and they flocked to him. More than one got himself in a bad game and found that Dave wasn't completely helpless on a pool table.

Hu

Old
  (#13)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
No way that guy made his money playing poker. He had to get a huge inheritance or trust fund
I heard he grew up relatively poor in Ohio. I think Chris Bartram would know more about him. Anyone could make money playing poker in the early 2000s. The games were a joke.

It was funny to watch him play on poker after dark. He plays real loose and loves to overbet the pot. Kind of like Dwan and Doyle. Gives lots of action and ends up getting paid off a lot because his bluffing frequencies are so high.

I remember once I asked him if he would trade 1k cash if I sent him 1k on pokerstars. He said he would do 1k cash for 1,300 pokerstars. I laughed and thought I really hope he loses all his money to pro pool players.

Old
  (#14)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Not everybody is all bad, Jay....lot of guys at the Rack were like that...
...but they dealt excitement.

Chris Bartram speaks well of him....he even went to Vegas to gamble with him...
...the deal fell through....Dippy covered his expenses.
A hustler took a shot with his toothpick at Dippy’s lumber yard...
...he lost everything...including his cue, to cover his last airbarrel...
..after a few days, Dippy went to one of his friends...said give him his cue back...
...man’s gotta have his tools

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Last edited by pt109; 11-18-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Old
  (#15)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Not everybody is all bad, Jay....lot of guys at the Rack were like that...
...but they dealt excitement.

Chris Bartram sneaks well of him....he even went to Vegas to gamble with him...
...the deal fell through....Dippy covered his expenses.
A hustler took a shot with his toothpick at Dippy’s lumber yard...
...he lost everything...including his cue, to cover his last airbarrel...
..after a few days, Dippy went to one of his friends...said give him his cue back...
...man’s gotta have his tools
I have a lot of respect for Chris Bartram. I guess there's something I missed during my encounters with Dippy Dave. I found him to be crude and obnoxious. I also spent time with many poolroom degenerates over the years and most of them had some respect for women and were careful not to cross certain lines. Sure they would say most anything to make a game but you knew it was in jest. I'm not sure I can say that about Dippy. I've seen him be personally malicious to others and demeaning of women on a very nasty level. The fact that he gambles high does not impress me. I've probably bet more in one day on a real estate deal than he'll ever come close to in any poker game. And I've gone all-in opening a couple of poolrooms that if it didn't pan out I would be broke! I have zero respect for him.

People like you and Michael Andros I have a very high regard for, just by how you handle yourself on here, and I've never met either of you in person as far as i know.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 11-18-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: