Can you seal a carbon fiber shaft?

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Dropped becue an email this morning, if they respond I'll post it up.

Wonder who Socket was, we will probably never know now, although I bet there are some interesting back stories.

Interested to see what they say.

I searched, specific black polish, last night and it seams that Auto Stores stock liquid polishes with black pigment in them for black vehicles. Be sure that what you buy is not an abrasive compound polish.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interested to see what they say.

I searched, specific black polish, last night and it seams that Auto Stores stock liquid polishes with black pigment in them for black vehicles. Be sure that what you buy is not an abrasive compound polish.

This what they emailed me back, hopefully it's OK if I post it, if not I will remove it. I had asked them to stop into this thread to respond/clarify and had given a link to this thread(if anyone wonders what the link he is speaking of).

Re: New Form Entry: Contact Form

Hi,

thank you very much for the link.

We decided not to write anymore in the forum not to disturb the spirit of the forum with commercial/institutional warning but it's right that we need do moore and better to explain how to take care of the shaft.

At the end of the month will be online a renewed website with a specific and well done page about it.

Moreover will be shoppable a Becue cue and shaft Kit.

Black polish is a cleaning paste not abrasive.

About using an ultra fine sand paper (2000/2500 g) there is no problem because is like use paper...

Carbon does not absorb dirt like wood but hands and tables are a vehicle for dirt, so it is absolutely normal that the shaft should be cleaned sometimes.

Becue Prime M has the same degree of smoothness of the other shaft, and belive me I'know it very well.

The difference is that the last pattern of carbon fiber choosed from Becue allow to use a fine sand paper without ruining it.

Remain at your disposal,

best regards"

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I believe I finally got the results I want. I went and picked up some wet dry sand paper going from 1500-7000 off Amazon for $9. I wet sanded with 3000, 5000 and 7000. The results were great. Now I'll see how it does playing compared to a sealed wood shaft

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe I finally got the results I want. I went and picked up some wet dry sand paper going from 1500-7000 off Amazon for $9. I wet sanded with 3000, 5000 and 7000. The results were great. Now I'll see how it does playing compared to a sealed wood shaft

I shoot Archery with Easton Arrows and my arrows have an ultra smooth finish on them. If these new CF Shafts don't have a smooth finish then they haven't perfected the process yet. But if they say to use a Black Polish in the shaft. I sure would be using it.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I shoot Archery with Easton Arrows and my arrows have an ultra smooth finish on them. If these new CF Shafts don't have a smooth finish then they haven't perfected the process yet. But if they say to use a Black Polish in the shaft. I sure would be using it.

If Easton made shafts, that would really get my attention. I use their carbon fiber bike components.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
did you measured whether you have taken off material?

Didn't measure, but I doubt I could with simple calipers. The black was barely noticeable on the paper. I would probably have to use a laser mic at work to see if I took off a measurable amount

Craig

Custom Cue-Repair
Silver Member
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited: