New JoeyInCali / Joey Bautista

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
A little bit of back-story... I'm a 7/8 in APA 9ball, I bounce back and forth, and a 7 in 8ball. Consistency is my struggle, but I know how my stroke is supposed to feel and look. My grip is similar to C. J. Wiley's, in that my hand/wrist is clocked forward on the cue grip and my thumb rests between my pointer & middle fingers pointing downward (if that makes sense). I've shot with several cues that play well. Most notably my Murrell. However, something, not sure what, was always missing. I can't really explain it, other than I chalked it up as my problem, not the cue's. Well, ladies and gentlemen, what an effing "ah hah!" moment it is to finally find a cue that fits my stroke! I was drilling very low percentage shots with tons of spin with this cue like never before. It's unreal. Honestly, I'm at a loss for words with this cue. Thank you, Joey!

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice looking Joey cue. Not sure but are they Mason H micarta ferrules? Looks like a milk dud tip on the left shaft, not sure about the other tip. I`ve owned a Joey sneaky before & it played very good. Congrats to ya on your new cue & enjoy it for many years to come.
Jeff

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Nice looking Joey cue. Not sure but are they Mason H micarta ferrules? Looks like a milk dud tip on the left shaft, not sure about the other tip. I`ve owned a Joey sneaky before & it played very good. Congrats to ya on your new cue & enjoy it for many years to come.
Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. Ferrules are old Westinghouse micarta that I sent to Joey, and tips are one milk dud & one triangle.

Josh

Last edited:

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info Josh. Dang that old Westinghouse stuff looks just like Mason H ferrules, to me anyways. Enjoy your cue, Joey makes a heck of a cue for sure.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I can see that it is a player from here. Great shafts, great ferrules, now you just need to send me that Jensen

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I can see that it is a player from here. Great shafts, great ferrules, now you just need to send me that Jensen

Good eyes.
One shaft is a little more premium.
Both heavy and stiff.
Had to pick them for Josh because he wanted them below 12.75mm.
Glad he loves the Z tribute sneaky.

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Love his cues, been playing with one for the last 4 years. I occasionally sell one, but always end up buying another. Never owned one that didn’t play great.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I am never surprised to hear of compliments on how well Joey cues play.

Is this cue a little longer? longer butt? or it's just the pic?

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I am never surprised to hear of compliments on how well Joey cues play.

Is this cue a little longer? longer butt? or it's just the pic?

It's just the terrible picture. lol. Gives it an optical illusion of sorts.

Josh