John Schmidt at BullShooters

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmiidt began his quest to beat Mosconi's record yesterday at BullShooters in Phoenix. His first attempt was 179. For the day he had 4 runs over 100 and finished the day with a lofty run of 384 that featured a few amazing shots to keep the run alive.

He continues today at noon Az time. There is some streaming on facebook ( idon't know the link). He will play Sunday through Thursday 12-6 until April 16. Come on down and support John in his lifelong dream, you won't be disappointed.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmiidt began his quest to beat Mosconi's record yesterday at BullShooters in Phoenix. His first attempt was 179. For the day he had 4 runs over 100 and finished the day with a lofty run of 384 that featured a few amazing shots to keep the run alive.

He continues today at noon Az time. There is some streaming on facebook ( idon't know the link). He will play Sunday through Thursday 12-6 until April 16. Come on down and support John in his lifelong dream, you won't be disappointed.
Just curious how his 384 run ended? That's nearly 3/4 of 527! Thanks

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Schmiidt began his quest to beat Mosconi's record yesterday at BullShooters in Phoenix. His first attempt was 179. For the day he had 4 runs over 100 and finished the day with a lofty run of 384 that featured a few amazing shots to keep the run alive. ...

Looks like it was 379 = 27 racks of 14 plus 1 on the break shot.

[unless he started the run with 5 from a partial rack, or made all 15 balls in the rack 5 times and then made trick shots 5 times to start the next rack]

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Does he take breaks during the 6-hour day?

pj
chgo

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tres,

Sounds like he's off to a good start. How many people are watching from the rails?
I may have to drive up to see him shoot.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it was 379 = 27 racks of 14 plus 1 on the break shot.

[unless he started the run with 5 from a partial rack, or made all 15 balls in the rack 5 times and then made trick shots 5 times to start the next rack]

Damn- I was hoping he'd get to '527' then quit and have you catch him in a mathematical impossibility like that. Ahahahaha

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was mentioned that the stream should be better by Sunday. The stream can be found (when up) on Bull Shooters Facebook page.

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stream is on the Bullshooter facebook page. The run began after a miss so he just played the remaining balls to save time and wear and tear on his racker. Several people come in and out to watch during the 6 hour shift. If the stream is not up to your standards come see it in person. Yesterday saw 4 100 plus runs and a 228. Next attempt will be Sunday at noon.

JC

Coos Cues
John was up in Lincoln City Oregon last week doing challenge matches at our BCA amateur event supposedly for some kind of animal charity.

You paid ten bucks and played him a game. If you won you got a ticket for a drawing for something later. If you lost you got a great experience for your ten bucks. Well at first anyway.

After about an hour John decided he had lost too many games and announced he was changing the rules to winner break. Said he was going to put together some packages now. So your ten bucks was going to be to watch him run tables.

I just shook my head and left the room.

JC

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
John was up in Lincoln City Oregon last week doing challenge matches at our BCA amateur event supposedly for some kind of animal charity.

You paid ten bucks and played him a game. If you won you got a ticket for a drawing for something later. If you lost you got a great experience for your ten bucks. Well at first anyway.

After about an hour John decided he had lost too many games and announced he was changing the rules to winner break. Said he was going to put together some packages now. So your ten bucks was going to be to watch him run tables.

Clueless and classless. I imagine his animal charity was gas money to Arizona.

JC

Wtf???...!

Reactions: JC

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JC

Sounds about right.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

JC

Can I hold ten until next time I see you? :rolleyes:
At least Cliff always asked for a hundred. :wink:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JC

Yep that is what I would expect out of Mr. 400.

Ken

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stream is on the Bullshooter facebook page. The run began after a miss so he just played the remaining balls to save time and wear and tear on his racker. Several people come in and out to watch during the 6 hour shift. If the stream is not up to your standards come see it in person. Yesterday saw 4 100 plus runs and a 228. Next attempt will be Sunday at noon.

Some people would complain if you gave them 10 dollars an hour to watch it.
Thanks for the updates.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This record would of been broken by now if any of the top players actually attempted or even cared too.