Took my son Jin to New York bucket list pool halls

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the last few days my son Jin and I were in New York. We visited Steinway and New city Billiards.

What an amazing time we had, he played in both the Predator tour event and the 1st annual Filipino-American event.

We loved both places and the people there, what an amazing experience for him.

https://youtu.be/HElH0i0wMII

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a tremendous experience!! Something your son will never forget.

Steinway is on my bucket list too.

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for the both of you guys. Sounds like he had a ball. Love to see father and sons doing things. See you at the Super Billiards expo

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the last few days my son Jin and I were in New York. We visited Steinway and New city Billiards.

What an amazing time we had, he played in both the Predator tour event and the 1st annual Filipino-American event.

Too cool. Future World Champion, not just pool but at life as well. Go get 'em kid.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Very cool!!! Its great to see parents taking an active role in the childrens activities. Too many parents let the computer or video games raise their kids it seems. I was scolded by my x-wife for taking my kids kart racing for many years, one broke a collar bone, the other got bruised kidney and peed blood for a few days but these are times that my kids always remember.

Floydbeth

Registered
Love New York!!! Steinway and New city billiards tournaments almost every night great pool community, you're very lucky Jin good job!!

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love seeing how encouraging you are.
Truly an awesome parent.
You are giving him something beyond measurable value.
I lost my dad early in life, but he's responsible
for my love and interest in billiards.
Your son is going to be a champion, but more importantly, he's going to have wonderful memories of your adventures together.
Your post made my day.
Best wishes to Jin on his journey to greatness!

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since moving to Fl. I really miss the NYC pool scene. I enjoyed the Tri State and predator tours too! There are a great bunch of people playing pool in NYC- much better than the status of pool , especially here in southwest florida where it is very lacking in tournament play on nine footers and decent rooms are almost non existent. I am NOT really into 7 foot tables, booze, and cigarettes- well that is most of florida's pool scene.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
very cool, being a new Yorker myself and was at one point a Steinway regular, im sure your son will never forget it. ,

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched Jin play at Felt billiards here in Colorado a number of times.
For a young man of his age he is surprisingly good.
I played him some 9 ball once and he ran out from the one.
And he did it quite well pattern and position wise.
I did notice one thing about his game that a lot of players dont do.
I could tell he was thinking several balls ahead as he kept checking the angles he needed to get on the proper side of the next shot.
Now how many kids his age know to do that?
I think when he grows a bit and can reach shots better this kid can turn into a real good player.
Which brings up this point when he gets tall enough to be more comfortable I'll be so old he will beat me to death.

And above all hes a nice kid that doesn't give you grief to play.
I could to play pool with him for hours and enjoy it.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never heard of New City Billiards. I’ll have to check it out next trip. What kind of tables do they have? Any day time pool specials?

Last edited:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never heard of New City Billiards. I’ll have to check it out next trip. What kind of tables do they have? Any day time pool specials?

They have a few 9' Diamonds, few Brunswick's, 3 heated 3 cushion tables, amd 3 or 4 full size snooker tables there.

There is a daytime happy hour type deal but you'll want to contact them for details. It was named something else in the past,new.owners have been around for a little over a year I believe.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have a few 9' Diamonds, few Brunswick's, 3 heated 3 cushion tables, amd 3 or 4 full size snooker tables there.

There is a daytime happy hour type deal but you'll want to contact them for details. It was named something else in the past,new.owners have been around for a little over a year I believe.

Thanks. I’ll check them out

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What you missed were the real hangouts that are no longer around. Sorry about that.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone.... cant say enough about everyone we met in NY. Great people and atmosphere.