Pressing multiple cue tips?

JacobyToby

Registered
I want to press 5 to 10 tips all at once keeping a smooth 14mm diameter. I don't want to just mash them in a vice. I would like them to still be round. What is the best way to do this?

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could buy the picone tip press. I made a dozen of my own out of aluminum. I bought 1" round stock and drilled it out to just over 14 mm. I then got a 5/8" rod and turned it so it would just go inside what I drilled out. I then put the tip in and put it in a vise to compress it. Works great and doesn't mushroom the tip.

Belford

Registered
You could buy the picone tip press. I made a dozen of my own out of aluminum. I bought 1" round stock and drilled it out to just over 14 mm. I then got a 5/8" rod and turned it so it would just go inside what I drilled out. I then put the tip in and put it in a vise to compress it. Works great and doesn't mushroom the tip.

I will try to make one like that. Thanks

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
smt_milkdud1.jpg

smt_milkdud2.jpg

smt_milkdud3.jpg

smt_milkdud4.jpg

Made this 5 yrs ago. I could imagine making mulitiple stainless discs, to do stacks,
Have to figure out how to drain the liquid from that many, though.

:smile:

smt

Last edited:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
press your tips one at a time.......... measure the thickness before and after........ some tips will squeeze .020 in or more .......... some only a little...........

Kim